DBH's Carmine Blades

Dont-Be-Haten

The most taxing thing for me is seeing that I need more airbrushes so I don't have to switch and clean between paints which takes the most time.

Is that really necessary? I'm not using airbrush, but am in a painting group - some of the fellas are using airbrush quite a lot and I've never heard that they need to clean them between paints that much.

If you would be able to get some first hand experience from someone, I'm sure it would help a ton. You can often get that kind of advice at local shops offering modelling wares. Consulting by phone or chat even should be an option these days.

The most taxing thing for me is seeing that I need more airbrushes so I don't have to switch and clean between paints which takes the most time.

Is that really necessary? I'm not using airbrush, but am in a painting group - some of the fellas are using airbrush quite a lot and I've never heard that they need to clean them between paints that much.

If you would be able to get some first hand experience from someone, I'm sure it would help a ton. You can often get that kind of advice at local shops offering modelling wares. Consulting by phone or chat even should be an option these days.

So the problem is clogging and splattering if you don't clean between paints, or you might get bad mixtures i.e. pink when you need red or white etc. Or if you're sealing between colors.

A majority of the videos ive watched talk bout these issues. And to which I've already experienced first hand.

On another note it's basically about switching preshade etc to get the right pop of reds from inks and air paints.

Thanks for the encouragement by the way. I am definitely excited to be painting again!

Thanks man!

Pin washes are complete! Just letting them dry. I have not started the repulsor yet...but I did buy a primaris tech marine today...first model of the year.

For who he is and all the bells and whistles he comes with. He seems like an absolute steal point for point. Especially as I intend to run dreads and tanks in my primaris list. Seems like a no Brainer.

There's a lot to be excited about with all the new bling I've missed out on.

I've added 10 more intercessors to the log. Not sure yet if I'm going to just kit bash one of them into chain sword, heavy bolt pistol DC yet..still thinking about it!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Update.

Lieutenant is almost finished, Hell Blasters aren't far behind. I've primed and preshaded 15 intercessors. My first list is going to be as follows.

++ Battalion Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [75 PL, 9CP, 1,500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Blood Angels

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Lieutenants [4 PL, 75pts]

. Primaris Lieutenant: Bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, 85pts]: 1. Litany of Faith (Aura), Litany of Hate

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, 100pts]: Chapter Command: Master of the Forge

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle

. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle

. Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bolt rifle

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

+ Elites +

Death Company Intercessors [12 PL, 240pts]

. 10x Death Company Intercessor: 10x Frag & Krak grenades

. Heavy bolt pistol and Astartes chainsword

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Repulsor [16 PL, 325pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Storm Bolters, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

++ Total: [75 PL, 9CP, 1,500pts]

I've been distracted from building the repulsor for my first redemptor dreadnought. A couple years ago for the ETB '19? I think I painted a dread and gave him the title of, "The Red Handed" This Redemptor status shall be named, "Haran, the Bloodfist."

He is a model I had already assembled prior to the macro plasma upgrade, and so will be equipped with double Gatling guns, and storm bolters.

My next two will be Plasma variants. I'm at an impasse on my repulsor. They are so many points! I'm still churning through if I want to go for looks or teeth/optimization on the first one. I have thought about just making this one barebones and cheap as a gun boat to clear chafe for my 10 assault DC intercessors that I plan to put in it. The las talon looks cool though. As I type I keep flipping back and forth. I'm really excited to show you all my progress. I'm waiting on 2 more paints that have run out and some custom decals before I finish them.

On a side note, I think I have my base color and scheme pretty much settled on!

Magnets. Especially with the kits like Repulsor, Repulsor Executioner and Impulsor. At least for the main armament options (magnetizing Storm Bolters/grenade launchers mini-sponsons is a pain. Doable, but a pain)

Well the goal when the repulsor first came out was to field three in an army...when they had teeth and could fly. They've obviously been dialed back, and I still have two more on sprue once I complete this one.

I've always loved the spear of baal formation loading up on vehichles from the 5th edition nod.

Oh! One really cool combination if you ever want to do a rogue trader techarine insignia is take the white hand decal from the eldar transfers and lay a blood drop from the House Cadmus decal over it. I'm really happy with it on my dreadnought.

I'm going to have to get some light box pictures to really show the color variation.

Also I've just peeked at the new crusade rules, and it looks like your lists should hang around 1000 points or hard cap 50 power level. My current list was for 1500 points, and is over the power level by 25.

So I've been playing around with a few new lists. The new rules (for me) are fairly cool. I love the idea of smaller games in order to tell a story, and it allows for some decent customization. I've just gotta figure out what's most important, as once you build your list, you can't change anything unless you use Requisition points to do so.

Going to need some ideas on most important units to start out!

Have you checked Spiros14's thread here? He seems to be having fun with the Crusade force

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/371172-spiros14s-crusade-blog/

I had not read through it until now. Thanks for the linky.

I have found many people do not like the idea of power level, which is unfortunate. However; I don't really want to get on that tangent again. Today I'm working on my bases. I've decided to do something else completely out of the ordinary for me!~ I'm going to attempt destroyed city/ashen wasteland bases on these guys. I am totally committing myself to new things when approaching these primaris boys.

• 2 weeks later...

Began work on first intercessor squad last night.

I also bought a macro plasma for my painted dreadnought and have begun working on that.

Next will be my primaris tech marine.

I've just about got the repulsor assembled and will work on priming it sometime this week.

As far as a 12 month challenge goes, I started a little late, but I'm very happy with what I have accomplished so far.

My goal is to have a serviceable army ready to play some small games by March!

DBH you prefer pin-wash instead a full coverage wash?

Yayaya. But that's because I've preshaded with an airbrush. If I were blending I'd probably use the new flesh tearers contrast to bring all of the reds together.

Instead, I'm using Tamiya enamel black. It gives amazing coverage for very little work and doesn't pool to bad unless you :cuss: up. Which happens....and has happened recently.