BL coming soon

hopkins

@veterannoob: Whoops, forgot the already published Guilliman novel is book 1.

Now I may have missed something, but is anyone else surprised to see a full blown Librarian behind Garro?

It's Tylos Rubio. Might be... Severian on the right?

Ah thanks. I havn't encountered him before. Somehow missed that model too. I like it.

I'm a big fan of Librarians, where can I learn more about him?

Excited for a lot of these, good to see the Garro book being out so soon.

Tylos Rubio was recruited in Oath of Moment, a Garro audio drama. It'll be collected in prose in that book, so if you're planning on reading it anyway, no worries. He's also featured in Lost Sons from The Silent War.

That helmet on the Scythes of the Emperor character has quite the Iron Warriors vibe - hopefully we'll get some more hints towards other supposed Ultramarines successors having less obvious origins in the future

Their homeworld was Sotha, after all.

That helmet on the Scythes of the Emperor character has quite the Iron Warriors vibe - hopefully we'll get some more hints towards other supposed Ultramarines successors having less obvious origins in the future

Eh...I love mysterious origins as much as the next astartes enthusiast, but I'm quite okay with them just being Ultramarines who built themselves on the old legends of Sotha. It is not always important who you are, but who you will become. Even in 40k.

Might be... Severian on the right?

Looks like Varren (supposing he's still alive, which I haven't checked).

Severian has a bit of a beard (full on brustly thing) and was intact as of events of Vengeful Spirit. Varren is meant to look like Gerard Butler in 300 (seriously ... ) and is missing an arm.

Beware irony

Great, the next force I was never interested in gets a novel done by the author who made the WS awesome, the IH interesting and so on....

Crap, I'll love the Custodes. ^^

So, the Custodes are getting a 40K novel... and plastic models courtesy of Prospero kit... and there are rumors of the 8th edition and advancement of the storyline... Hmm... all of these things fit together rather nicely (now watch GW keep the storyline right where it is, and have the Custodes remain on Terra where they have been for ten thousand years, hah!).

So, the Custodes are getting a 40K novel... and plastic models courtesy of Prospero kit... and there are rumors of the 8th edition and advancement of the storyline... Hmm... all of these things fit together rather nicely (now watch GW keep the storyline right where it is, and have the Custodes remain on Terra where they have been for ten thousand years, hah!).

I still have my joke (but would be stunned if it's accidently a correct guess of what happens) when the Big Bad Topknot makes it to Terra but fortunately we have the stunning Cuss-toad-eeeeeeees and Sisters. How convenient whistling.gif

I hope that Custodes book is set early in the timeline, around the Scouring / TBA frame. I have no desire whatsoever for GW/BL to come up with too-convenient plot contrivances to get the Custodes into the galaxy to justify them getting a Codex or Supplement. They're in the Imperial Palace, guarding the Emperor, and that's that. Anything else would diminish them for me. Their task is more important than doing the same damn stuff we have a thousand Chapters of Astartes for.

guarding the Emperor

Seems to me you just hit a potential plot point eh

Yeah, but that guarding should happen on Terra, in the palace, not as part of a "Legion", as the title would have it, and certainly not out in the galaxy. Even during the Beast Arises plotline they didn't do jack all to stop the orks, or bothered doing anything about the attack moon over Terra, even though it caused gravitational trouble. They only acted when a direct threat to the holy corpse manifested in the form of the Eldar Harlequins.

Their forces should remain massively diminished, not "legion". A resurgence of the Custodes in the galactic battleground wouldn't make sense, with the only guy they take orders from being, well, "dead". They're sticklers for the rules to the point of banging heads with Dorn and Corax, even when they were granted permission by the Emperor and Malcador when he was still alive. It doesn't make sense for them to venture out and do their own thing fighting xenos or traitors unless they are invading Terra itself, and even then only in close proximity to their golden father.

Maybe the novel will explain why they are leaving. Maybe with the golden throne failing they are searching for a solution around the galaxy. Or maybe they had orders from the Emperor from 10k ago. We don't know. I'm curious to read the novel tbh.

Archived