ROW: Chogorian Brotherhood

HQ:

• Praetor - Jetbike, Iron Halo, Power Glaive, Cyber Hawk, Melta Bombs - 200pts

Troops:

• 6x Jetbikes - 2x Multi-Meltas - 260pts

• 5x Jetbikes - 1x Volkite Culverin, Sgt. w/Power Glaive & Melta Bombs - 250pts

• 5x Jetbikes - 1x Volkite Culverin, Sgt. w/Power Glaive & Melta Bombs - 250pts

Fast Attack:

• Lightning Primaris - 4x Kraken Penetrator Missiles, Ground Tracking Auguries, Servitor Control - 230pts

Heavy Support:

• Vindicator Squadron - 2x Vindicators w/Machine Spirit & Aux. Drives - 310pts

Total: 1500

Praetor rides with 6-man melta jetbike squad, vindicators outflank, lightning hunts heavy armor. Everything dances away from CC and shoots stuff to death, laughing the whole time.

I don't play WS but at 1500 I'm not sure a lightning is worth the points. In larger games it will have the correct targets to engage but at 1500 I could see it being under used more often than not.

Perhaps look at landspeeders instead?

I'd also look at making 2 x units of 6 with 2 volkite culverins and change the third squad into heavy jet bikes with all multi meltas.

Just same ideas to play about with.

I don't play WS but at 1500 I'm not sure a lightning is worth the points. In larger games it will have the correct targets to engage but at 1500 I could see it being under used more often than not.

Perhaps look at landspeeders instead?

I'd also look at making 2 x units of 6 with 2 volkite culverins and change the third squad into heavy jet bikes with all multi meltas.

Just same ideas to play about with.

Yeah I kind of agree, however I try to plan my armies to scale up and don't have the funds to buy stuff I won't run in normal-sized heresy games (i.e landspeeders). The eventual plan is to expand to another lightning, full 6-man squads, a sicaran, and then leave room for the Primarch/whatever his retinue ends up being.

Fair enough

Good idea to future proof your list - I do the same

I wouldn't discount landspeeders but as you say, they can go to the bottom of the list until you've brought the stuff you like.

The beauty of the jet bikes is that they all come with the heavy weapon options (which would be worth magnetising) so you can freely mix/ match and evolve your list according to how the list performs.

Perhaps think about putting some bombs on the Lightning - at 1500 PST they will likely more targets to use them against.

Fair enough

Good idea to future proof your list - I do the same

I wouldn't discount landspeeders but as you say, they can go to the bottom of the list until you've brought the stuff you like.

The beauty of the jet bikes is that they all come with the heavy weapon options (which would be worth magnetising) so you can freely mix/ match and evolve your list according to how the list performs.

Perhaps think about putting some bombs on the Lightning - at 1500 PST they will likely more targets to use them against.

Good point with the lightning since like you said I'm pretty sure the toughest thing I'll see at 1500 is maybe 1 landraider, so things like phosphex bombs might be more useful, especially against infantry formations.

Archived