Forbidden Stars (FFG)

Vorenus

Has anyone played the board game "Forbidden Stars," published by Fantasy Flight Games under its (soon to be ending) GW WH40K license?

I'm thinking about buying it, but I have never played it, and I would like to know if anyone has played it, what they (you!) think of it.  Is it worth $100 (US)?  Is it a good game?  Thanks.

I've played it three times at various gatherings and I find it really wonderful,  though always with a full four players.  The four factions play very differently, with different stats for each unit, different faction abilities, and different upgrades.  The warp storm mechanic is really wonderful, with the opponent you were in a massive feud with one turn, being completely ignored the next, as the storms cut them off and open up a passage to a third player.  Combat can be a little on the long side, with each combat involving three rounds of clashing, with each round involving a set of dice rolls followed by playing cards and abilities to improve your outcome.  The minis are quite nice but are obviously designed to make them incompatible with the TT.

If you have three other people that you can play with regularly then I would recommend it.

Archived