Where Monsters tread: A Chymeriae warband UPDATED 05/02/17

Plaguecaster

Well after months of undecivness as well as countless ideas drafted my heresy force has finally took hold, Now I have always liked the Word Bearers but could nevr find the motivation to start them, instead I was more centered on the idea of a Black Shield force but had trouble with how they became what they were, Primarch Lorgar especially after reading how he callously sacrificed a good deal of his legion in the Tempest book just because they were lacking devotion to his new cause or were simply too unstable or consumed by hatred to be of any use, now I thought to myself what if some survived? they would be pretty annoyed at their Primarch

Anyway step forward The Accursed, a band of former Word Berarers betrayed by their Primarch and left to die to further his twisted goals. Consumed by hatred at Emperor and his force for their suffering as well as their own father for betraying them. They escaped Calth though have been consumed by a need for vengeance striking out at both loyalist and traitor alike forsaking all oaths of allegiance to Legion, Primarch, Warmaster and even the Emperor himself they now only serve Chaos by spreading death and destruction wherever they go.

Well I'm sure most would be sick of my ramblings by now wanting actual pics well here is the Leader of The Accursed a corrupted Forgelord

gallery_59703_12491_64948.jpg

14610952 1784345901779216 8896212954908694053 N

14568238 1784345905112549 4671729037296399822 N

Just need to tidy him up with some green stuff

The goal of this army will be that everything will be mutated by chaos to represent the Chymeriae as it seems like a god reason for why they would become mutated with their better stats. There are quite a few units I am wanting to do in the same style like the Forgelord though so far it is proving expensive laugh.png as I did kinda spend a lot on certain bits and full kits just to assemble him, what I have planned for the rest should prove just as interesting . Trying to come up with better fluff but I am not the best when it comes to writing

To show I haven't stalled from the start this is what I am woking on next which should prove to be a interesting conversion once I am finished with it

Ddd

Sorry progress is and will be a bit slow i'm travelling more and more for work with more than two hours travelling each day so barely get any hobby time, though I did manage to get this guy finished (still waiting on green stuff from my local supplier as they are taking ages to get some more for me)

Black Shield Deredero armed with missile launcher and plasma (yeah I know that's the ectoplasm cannoon but it just looks so much more nicer than the deredero's one)

gallery_59703_12491_155150.jpg

gallery_59703_12491_832928.jpg​

Next up on my agenda is possibly an assault and marauder squad plus some more dreads though that may be a while as getting more bits has been interesting especially living in a small rural town so will probably just try paint the Forgelord and Deredero

• 1 month later...

been a while Well there was an incident involving the Deredero which lead to it getting broken so I am forced to try and repair it which I'm pretty bummed about any way thought I should try assembling an actual squad with my prospero bits Her Here is an assault squad with hand Flamers and a fist wielding sarge armed Sorry they arnt based yet as I am still waiting on bases I ordered last week to arrive but doubt they will arrive til after Christmas. Will try get the squad painted up soon as been busy practicing with lots of rest minis before I tackle the Forgelord

gallery_59703_12491_294626.jpeg

gallery_59703_12491_77575.jpeg

gallery_59703_12491_1699107.jpeg

gallery_59703_12491_426935.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well I think I may be more of a converter than an actual paijnter lol still trying to paint what I got but my average painting skills are really making it hard to find motivation so its going very slowly. Well I brought more lovely resin and got some new additions to my army of unpainted stufflaugh.png

gallery_59703_12491_1362946.jpgBehold "Brother Vhal the mad" and the "Beast of Monarchia"

Brother Vhal is a rather simple conversion in which I used the Mhara gal dreadnought but replaced the plasma arm for a multi melta, going to get another 3 one more with multi melta another two with dual las

gallery_59703_12491_390261.jpg

gallery_59703_12491_206036.jpggallery_59703_12491_36942.jpggallery_59703_12491_868538.jpgThe "Beast of Monarchia"

I like the Castellax so wanted to include one as part of the cortex controller on the forgelord, since I only wanted one more chaosy I decided he needed a bigger gun and bits to show him as being more different than your average castellax to represent the paragon of Metal. The big gun will be a darkfire lance as I just think the actual FW gun is too small and not menacing enough and with a skull faceplate and horns he really looks meanacing. Still needs some touch up with GS though as some of the resin bits broke

Archived