Coosing a Color Scheme: Jägerines or Bacardines?

Miru

Brothers, 

I bought the Kill Team Box with the 10 tactical Marines in it. 

I decided not to include those marines in my Space Wolves army, but to do something, that is oddly popular these days:

found my own chapter *dun dun duuuun*

Being me, I decided to follow a alcohol theme and narrowed my favorits down to two color schemes: 

"The Jägerines"

Motto:             "Give it a Shot"
Founding:         21st Founding (35st Millenium)
Successors of:  Not yet revealed...
Allegiance:        Imperium of Man
Colours:            Metallic-Green / Orange

http://666kb.com/i/dcxcz55fzce3rlds0.jpg

or

"The Bacardines"

Motto:             "Untamed since M.35"
Founding:         21st Founding (35st Millenium)
Successors of:  Not yet revealed...
Allegiance:        Imperium of Man
Colours:            White/Red

http://666kb.com/i/dcxcz43xjfioxwav4.jpg

The Jägerines would be colse to the Salamanders' color scheme, a dark metallic green.
The Bacardines would pretty much come across as  White Scars, with a bit of gold.

What color scheme would you like best?

It's remarkable how well the schemes actually work! I think I like the green/orange slightly better, it's more unusual?

The names actually kinda spoil the joke for me, bit too obvious, how about calling them the Imperial Stags or something and see if people 'get it'?

I remember someone did something similar, a blue/white quartered scheme with a red bull badge, called them the Crimson Minotaurs...

It's remarkable how well the schemes actually work! I think I like the green/orange slightly better, it's more unusual?

Exactly, I don't think you see real Salamanders (like the metallic greens) all that often. SO these folks could be a real eye catcher. 

The names actually kinda spoil the joke for me, bit too obvious, how about calling them the Imperial Stags or something and see if people 'get it'?

Yeah, I guess you are right. Consider it: A working Title :-)

I remember someone did something similar, a blue/white quartered scheme with a red bull badge, called them the Crimson Minotaurs...

Lol, thats awesome ^^

Jaeger - if purely for the amazing name!!!

Right? Right?

I'd make it a slightly deeper green though, gold accents too msn-wink.gif

Aye. The plan is to give it a really deep, dark green.

Like the Salamanders'.

My plan is to paint the whole mini silver and than cover it with tamyja Clear Green, just like the Brass Scorpion in the Forgeworld book. However, it appears that I need to figure out a way how to darken the Tamyja paint without messing with the transparency. There is no such think as Tamia Clear Black or Dark Grey after all. Other Colors would alter the saturation... Oh well... rolleyes.gif

It wll definitively be an interesting projekt.

I love the mottos XD

Are you going to take a shot every time one dies? XD

Turn kill team into a drinking game? tongue.png

You got it! There is by far not enough drinking in a regular 40k match.

One could actually even survive playing the 1 kill = 1 Shot game IF one is playing Kill Team laugh.png

Love it.

Go for it man.

This is now your inspirational tune for the army too:

Niiiice. Is it the same as this one?

Couldn't listen to your's in my country, unfortunately.

However.... Damn, I like that :-D

There's also the idea of calling them the imperial Jägers (translates to imperial hunters)

Not bad.

Jägermeister pretty much translates to "Masters of the Hunt", like in the book about Kor'sarro Khan by Josh Reynolds.

I thought about calling em just that "Masters of the Hunt"... hehe Short: "MotH" laugh.png

See, I'm going to have to steal this idea and do Johnny Walker Marines- Red and black, with a librarian in blue... Call 'em the Striders?

I like "Imperial Jagers."  Sounds bad :cuss .  Look forward to seeing the metallic green scheme!

See, I'm going to have to steal this idea and do Johnny Walker Marines- Red and black, with a librarian in blue... Call 'em the Striders?

I like "Imperial Jagers." Sounds bad censored.gif . Look forward to seeing the metallic green scheme!

Go for it! Looking foreward to see them :-)

When I have a few Spare Bikes I will found the Cruser Wing, Black and Orange.

I had scribbled some shoulderpads here, thing I might go with the second scheme biggrin.png

http://666kb.com/i/dd7wxbcb67bqybz0g.jpg

You get the picture

... Actually, "Imperial Jägers" has a ring to it... cool.png

Very quick edit:

I decided an the following:

Chapter will be "Imperial Jagers"

Bikers will be "Chopper Wing" (Extra points for double meanings ;-P )

Color Scheme for the Chopper Rockas will be the second, Shield and Bar.

/Edit

Painted up some scetches for the Chopper Wing.

http://666kb.com/i/dd8j6inm3g1p4bgvq.jpg

I would love to do Version 3, but i think that the small lines and stripes are a bit beyond my possibillities. sleep.png

Version 2 appears more feasiblle.. but I don't know how I feel about the Look...

In the End I feel like I might settle for Version 1... Because its by far the easiest and fastest scheme. Also allowing me to use the boys in my Death Watch Army. If I decide to use im in Deathwatch, obviously one shoulder and arm are set and the Chaptermarking goes to the other shoulder.

I chose Jaegermarines, because it's distinctive. The Bacardimarines' color scheme is too similar to the White Scars, while its logo is too similar to the Night Lords- I doubt you want people to ask, "Why are these White Scars bearing the Night Lords' Legion insignia?" or "Are these Night Lords trying to infiltrate the White Scars?" when you put your army on the table.

I love the Harley Davidson Marines. When spelling "Jaeger", don't forget it's a German word, so you should either include the umlaut (the two dots on top of the vowel), or add an "e" (used when a typewriter doesn't have keys for letters with umlauts).

I rarely drink, so I'm unfamiliar with the Jaegermeister brand. While researching it on Wikipedia, I found the following:

The label contains the following verse from the poem Weidmannsheil, by the forester, hunter, and ornithologist Oskar von Riesenthal... the translation is:

It is the hunter’s honour that he

Protects and preserves his game,
Hunts sportsmanlike, honours the
Creator in His creatures.

A loose translation which preserves the rhyme and meter is:

This is the hunter’s badge of glory,

That he protect and tend his quarry,
Hunt with honour, as is due,
And through the beast to God is true.

I'm sure this can be rewritten as a Chapter motto, maybe something like:

This is the Marine's badge of glory,

That he never forsakes his quarry,

Fight with honor, as is the Emperor's due,

And through war, his faith is proven true.

I rarely drink, so I'm unfamiliar with the Jaegermeister brand. While researching it on Wikipedia, I found the following:

The label contains the following verse from the poem Weidmannsheil, by the forester, hunter, and ornithologist Oskar von Riesenthal... (...)

I'm sure this can be rewritten as a Chapter motto, maybe something like:

This is the Marine's badge of glory,

That he never forsakes his quarry,

Fight with honor, as is the Emperor's due,

And through war, his faith is proven true.

I can't even express the amount of like I feel for this post ^^

Regarding the Peryton: the creature was part of the 'Monstrous Arcanum' expansion for 'Warhammer Fantasy Battle', but its name was spelled "Preyton" (note the transposed "e" and "r"). It's sadly out-of-production; I tried and failed to find it on the Forge World website this evening.

Giving the Preyton a fluffy look ...

A Preyton is a single model.

Twisted creatures of Chaos,

Preyton are hateful and cunning

beasts that delight in carnage

and killing for its own sake

I think that would be a Stag on their shoulder pads laugh.png

Archived