Great looking squad and that squad sergeant looks brilliant as well! I hope you'll still do Sevatar at some point though!

Thanks Vairocanum :), I will be adding Sevatar at some point, I will have to finish the models I have first though otherwise I will never get through the backlog :tu:

Dante is so sexy - and you did great work on your Night Lords ! Keep it up buddy

Thanks Atia :), I'm very happy with Dante and there will be more Blood Angels from me too. I'm also pleased you like the Night Lords, they take a little more time to complete each model but I am enjoying it!

I don't know if it's just me but I can only see a blank comment Engel, would be interested to see what it was meant to say :)

More to follow soon.

Nemac

That squad looks awesome. The poses and paintjobs will make the VIII proud. Those are FW MKIII shoulder pads right? I like how they have more bulk in the trim compared to the plastics.

The new sergeant is also a nice feast for the eyes. I love the redone footwork.

Thanks hushrong :). Bulk is exactly what I was going for with these guys. None of my MKIV marines will have the corresponding shoulders and will have the MKIII shoulders with the exception of the odd studded shoulder running through them. The new sergeant was going to be a Sevatar conversion, hense the feet and the Dark Angel helmet wing trophy hanging next to the loincloth, but I decided to buy the FW model at some point instead so he was re-assigned.

I have also made some changes to that model since the last update and should have pictures available soon :tu:

Nemac 

Morning all!

I have a small update for today with my first MKIII marine for this new batch of Night Lords. As it turns out they are much quicker to paint in this scheme, mainly becuase I chose to paint the backs of the legs in plain metal and have the legion colours on the panels at the front. I saw Captain Semper do this on his Word Bearers Cataphractii and thought it looked great. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the back because I forgot to take one but I will edit it in to this post a little later:

gallery_74887_13568_158447.png

I have also started work on the Deimos Pattern Rhino for this squad. I used the pins that attach the boards to the back of furniture (I can't find the box to get the correct name) for the trophy spikes and drilled holes through each of the skulls and helmets to slide them over. I may also take a leaf out of Augustus' book on how to do night Lords and add some flayed skin to one of the front panels, If I can work out how to do it properly at least:

gallery_74887_13568_53440.png

At this point I still have quite a bit of work to do on it with cleaning up the Rhino but that shouldn't take long. I then need to get the airbrush out again to do all the armour panels and shade before I lay down the blue.

Thanks for looking and as always C&C is very much welcome.

Nemac

Man that blue is phenomenal, love the shading and highlights with the super fine detailed lightning! Can't wait to see more infantry as well as that rhino painted up!

Thanks Vairo :), It takes some time to get the blue right but I am very happy with it. It is much easier to paint the MKIII's as the back leg armour is just silver. I have actually ordered a Rogue Trader Land Raider also that I will update and add to this army so I will do the Rhino at the same time to save having to mix the colours in the airbrush multiple times. 

The mk. III looks awesome in your scheme, though a back photo would be great! Also I love so much the Phobos Rhino pattern, I fear I might end up buying one eventually...

Thanks Traitor :), I will get the back photo of the MKIII's at some point I promise :tu:. The Rhino is an awesome kit but can be a bit of a faff to put together. The sides on mine were slightly bent so I had to sort that out as best I could before assembly. Like I say, I will wait to paint until the Land Raider arrives and I've fixed it up. 

I managed to pick up a copy of Burning of Prospero for a steal (£50) so I will definitely have enough troops for this army. Not sure what I will do with the custodes and sisters yet because I doubt Night Lords would really entertain their presence :)

More to follow soon!

Nemac

Afternoon all,

I managed to pick up a Rogue Trader Land Raider on eBay for a very reasonable price and have been working towards fixing all the issues it had. Some of the problems included very thick paint, some of which I am fairly certain was not designed for miniatures as it was a sod to remove, a portion of the top section in between the treads had also been melted away - not sure why!? It had also spent some time in the hands of those disgusting Greenskins but now it will once again see service in the hands of the Night Lords.

This is a before picture after I had managed to get it apart. The glue had gone and lost all of it's ability to hold the model together so a slight tug here and there and I ended up with this:

gallery_74887_13568_149679.png

After a colossal battle with the Biostrip 20, which hadn't failed me up until this point, three attempts at stripping later it was at a point where I could actually start re-assembling it and fixing some of the issues. Here it is now:

gallery_74887_13568_72669.png

So I have replaced the lascannons in an attempt to update the model and also added the exhaust section from the newer kit in the hopes it would fit in better with the rest of my models. I also made a cast of the legion symbol from my Rhino's side doors so I could add it to the front plate. To get around the melted top I had to cut most of it out and the best fix I could come up with was to replace it with the Rhino top hatch doors. I am pretty happy with how it has come together and am in the process of adapting my scheme for larger models.

As always let me know what you think!

Nemac

I love this new scheme and am honoured by your shout out. Perhas as a reminder: here's a flayed skin recipe. Please note that I use Forte's trick of using backing powder. 

IN any case: I AM SO JEALOUS of that RTB11 kit! Massive kudo's. Suggestion: if the top hatch of the Rhino kit fits there, why not use the Razorback top plate from the same kit and put the razorback turret with twin heavy bolters in it? Every Land Raider has those, so it'd be an easy fix/fit :D :tu:

Thanks Augustus :), that flayed skin tutorial is going to come in handy. I originally used the hatches on top because the Razorback cover didn't sit flush with the top panel but you did make me rethink it and it was actually a simple fix. I turned the cover upside down so the underside was on top and it sat flush so now it will get the heavy bolters :D.

Hey Nemac ! It have been too long since I join the praise of your work here and I'm here to fix that ! ;)

Awesome work on those night lords, it make me want to start mines all over again ! The painting and kitbashing of your legionary is perfect !

Congrat for Curze as well. Every primarchs is quite a piece of work and you've done honor to our geensire ;)

Love this mini raider ! Great job on restoring that ork mess ! I agree that an hatch would be great on top of it ;)

Malchy

Thanks Augustus :smile.:, that flayed skin tutorial is going to come in handy. I originally used the hatches on top because the Razorback cover didn't sit flush with the top panel but you did make me rethink it and it was actually a simple fix. I turned the cover upside down so the underside was on top and it sat flush so now it will get the heavy bolters :biggrin.:.

That;s exciting news! Pictures! I want to see how it looks! :D:tu:

Hey Nemac ! It have been too long since I join the praise of your work here and I'm here to fix that ! :wink:

Awesome work on those night lords, it make me want to start mines all over again ! The painting and kitbashing of your legionary is perfect !

Congrat for Curze as well. Every primarchs is quite a piece of work and you've done honor to our geensire :wink:

Love this mini raider ! Great job on restoring that ork mess ! I agree that an hatch would be great on top of it :wink:

Malchy

Thanks Malchy! Curze was by far the best model I have had the opportunity to paint, so much detail and nice little touches like the skull motifs on the inside of the shoulder guards trim for example, such a fantastic model. The Land Raider is coming together and the top hatch has been changed to accommodate the Heavy Bolters as per Augustus' suggestion so I will have an update soon for that :tu:

Thanks Augustus :smile.:, that flayed skin tutorial is going to come in handy. I originally used the hatches on top because the Razorback cover didn't sit flush with the top panel but you did make me rethink it and it was actually a simple fix. I turned the cover upside down so the underside was on top and it sat flush so now it will get the heavy bolters :biggrin.:.

That;s exciting news! Pictures! I want to see how it looks! :biggrin.::thumbsup:

I will try and get a picture asap mate, the issue is I don't have the top part of the Heavy Bolters so I am waiting for the bits order to arrive for those but as soon as they do I will update I promise :D

Awesome tank restoration! Really giving the model new life, can't wait to see it painted up!

Thanks Vairo :D, I will take my time with this one though - It must be perfect or else I have failed!

More to follow soon.

Nemac

Archived