Great job so far ! The flamer really looks better :wink: ! But despite the thud guns being awesome I'm not fond of the axe blade "bayonetta". I think that it's too "brutal" for Night Lords especialy for Malcharion, I would have opted for something more subtil and sword like. Like a blade to remember the one he was using when behing alive. A dark elves raider blade could do it maybe ? 

My two cents ^^

Malchy

"That's too brutal for Night Lords" - said no-one ever! Well, malcharion did, and gauging from his name, he knows what he's talking about. Seriously, he makes an interesting point. But a sword on the end of a gun, how would that work, effectively. Besides, Night Lords leave behind maimed corpses, and the Night Haunter has been known to leave corpses with the blood eagle cut on them. The weapon of choice for doing that has got to be an axe. I think a lot can be said for both viewpoints, so eventually it's all up to you, Nemac, to decide if you want to change the axe blade or not. :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Let me chime in in favour of the axe here, both because I like how it looks, and because it could actually make the gun arm work as a last resort backup CC weapon (arguably much moreso than a bayonet). Maybe one of the (plastic) Khorne berzerker chainaxe blades would have worked even better -- at least I've successfully used it like that on one of my own Dreads.

Great job so far ! The flamer really looks better :wink: ! But despite the thud guns being awesome I'm not fond of the axe blade "bayonetta". I think that it's too "brutal" for Night Lords especialy for Malcharion, I would have opted for something more subtil and sword like. Like a blade to remember the one he was using when behing alive. A dark elves raider blade could do it maybe ? 

My two cents ^^

Malchy

"That's too brutal for Night Lords" - said no-one ever! Well, malcharion did, and gauging from his name, he knows what he's talking about. Seriously, he makes an interesting point. But a sword on the end of a gun, how would that work, effectively. Besides, Night Lords leave behind maimed corpses, and the Night Haunter has been known to leave corpses with the blood eagle cut on them. The weapon of choice for doing that has got to be an axe. I think a lot can be said for both viewpoints, so eventually it's all up to you, Nemac, to decide if you want to change the axe blade or not. :thumbsup:

"We don't go for the throat.. We go for the eyes, then the tong and after that we cripple what remains for everyone to see" Sevatar (ADB) says ^^

It's better to use a flaying knife for that no ? (and for cutting blood eagles on our enemies faces as well)

We are no butcher .. Just passionate viscious murderers with a particulare sens of the aestetics in death ;)

But I agree on that point  : "it's all up to you, Nemac, to decide if you want to change the axe blade or not. :thumbsup:"

But Whatever, I know that we, brothers of the night, are not known to be "all for one and one for all" in all matters..  

Some brothers even go to bed with demons and Krieg Acerberus is known to using an axe no ? (Those weak ones deluded fanatics ... :p )

Well whatever you decide I know that this Malcharion Boxe dread will be great bro ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys! It seems there is some disagreement with the axe blade :smile.:. While I can see both sides I do quite like the axe blade on the end of the gun, without it the guns look too slim and I think attaching a sword to the end would again elongate the arm unless it ran the length underneath the bottom gun - which would be a pointless decoration imo, whereas this...

http://static.dudeiwantthat.com//img/gear/weapons/firearm-mounted-axe-heads-11351.jpg

...seems entirely plausible to me. Also I may have this wrong but I was under the impression that Malcharion was interred in a dreadnought and then the relief and other parts where added later? How would you keep him alive for the time it would take to craft the entire sarcophagus and wouldn't it be taking liberties to decorate it before shoving him inside? "I know you are dying but you will have to wait, you can't put time constraints on art" said unknown quickly deceased artificer :biggrin.:.

Now, I do like the idea of using a Berzerker chain axe for it instead and this is something I will be trying out before finalising the autocannons - Thanks Kraut :smile.:.

I will update with other options for the gun very soon! Thanks again for the feedback folks, it is very motivating.

Nemac

Afternoon all!

I had a think about the axe head and decided not to use a Khorne Berzerker one because 1. I don't have any apparently, and 2. The only chain axes I do have are off the old CSM weapon sprue and I am a little reluctant to cut them up :(. I did however try a new blade that is a sort of cross between an axe and and a sword and that is the blade from the Chaos Terminators Reaper Autocannon:

SAM_1677.JPG

It look's like more of a cleaver but would still be effective when smashing it down into some poor Imperialist's/Eldar skull and is enough like a sword for any other purposes. I have also added the rail aong the bottom of the gun to make the whole thing a little wider then it was before and I think now it look's more like it belongs on a Dreadnought.

Anywho, C&C welcome as always! :D

Nemac

Malcharion is looking great thus far. I think the blade you have on now looks great but I definitely dig the big axe idea from mack's shotgun axe. Something about a big ace chopping straight down from the arm of a dreadnought makes everything even more terrifying than it already is.

Regardless I cannot wait to see him in all his gloryl

I would offer to send you a chainaxe or two but I have to say the solution you have come up with looks almost like a stock bit. It's looking great buddy. I'll say again I do love that flamer :thumbsup:

Thanks mate but not to worry, I will stick with the blade now I think though I appreciate the offer. I'm also pretty pleased with how the flamer turned out :biggrin.:

I think it's a really cool alternative! It's arguably less plausible as a backup weapon, but it does look more natural on a Dreadnought arm. Very nice!

Thanks Kraut, I think it's the best of both options really and at least now if I ever use the CSM Reaper Cannon on a model it won't look out of place :smile.:

Looks better :smile.:

Thank you!

The reaper autocannon and blade works for me - very impressive.

Cheers dude!

Perfect Nemac!

That's exactly what I was talking about :wink:

look great man !

Cheers Malchy, I still think an axe would have worked though :wink:

Malcharion is looking great thus far. I think the blade you have on now looks great but I definitely dig the big axe idea from mack's shotgun axe. Something about a big ace chopping straight down from the arm of a dreadnought makes everything even more terrifying than it already is.

Regardless I cannot wait to see him in all his gloryl

Thanks hushrong :smile.:. He is now in the final stages. I am just adding the trophy helms in place of those in the picture above - I decided to go with three heresy style helms to represent the actual helms of the three captains slain by Malcharion at the Siege of Terra. Hopefully it won't be too much colour across the model.

Thanks for all the comments and advice guys - keeps me going!

Nemac

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all!

So sadly Malcharion is having to take a back seat at the moment until I can resolve the issues with the relief. I have what I need to finish it but am having issues with the execution - this is a learning curve for me as my green stuff skills need to improve. In other news, I have managed to get quite a lot of additional work done on the Armies on Parade/Battle Board:

SAM_1679.JPG

The back of the far building and the bridge are removable for easy transportation as is the building on the mountain and the Manufactorum. I have a couple of armoured containers to finish for the big open space at the front which should still leave plenty of space for the miniatures.

SAM_1684.JPG

The crashed land speeder is also finished including dead gunner. My plan is to have the pilot outside the vehicle in sort of a last stand before his inevitable demise.

I think one more Sanctum Imperialis kit and I should have everything I need to finish this. I will of course update with any future developments and try to get more done to Malcharion. 

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks guys :)

@Chaz - Thanks dude! We will have to see about them dead DA at some point eh? :D

@Bjorn - Thanks :)

The second tile will be started fairly soon after this is done. I used some of the left over cities of death pieces to build a small dice tower to incorporate into the edge of the board and just need to build the tray to attach at the side.

Pics up soon!

Nemac

Thanks guys :smile.:

@Chaz - Thanks dude! We will have to see about them dead DA at some point eh? :biggrin.:

@Bjorn - Thanks :smile.:

The second tile will be started fairly soon after this is done. I used some of the left over cities of death pieces to build a small dice tower to incorporate into the edge of the board and just need to build the tray to attach at the side.

Pics up soon!

Nemac

I've got some spare ones from the DV kit if you fancy ;)

• 1 month later...

Evening!

It has really been a while since I updated anything on here but thought I would share some of my first Death Guard models from Dark Imperium. I love the Death Guard and actually sold an army not that long ago and have regretted that decision many times.

With the new models I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get started on them. With that said:

DG_PM_1.png

I have also got my hands on some Plague Bearers and a Great Unclean One to fight alongside these guys and will be getting a second set of the Death Guard models. I will try and get some pictures of the Foetid Boat-drone and the other finished Plague Marines in the next few days.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks Vairocanum :). I went with the Pallid Hand for my Death Guard - I like the idea of using lots of Predators and Land Raiders and as their colours are closer to the 30k Death Guard they seemed to be the perfect option :).

Nemac

Morning all,

No Lord of Contagion yet (sorry Vairocanum :() but I have done some work on my Great Unclean One:

gallery_74887_13423_715557.png

This seems to be taking an age to get done but I am enjoying painting this fellow. I am also a bit unsure of whether to add the blood effects or whether to leave the broken skin as is but with one further highlight. If i added the BFTBG paint it would only be in the little 'pools' of the broken flesh and probably around the bowels and used sparingly - this is not a World Eater after all!

C&C is always welcome so please let me know what you think.

Nemac