Would it not be easier to learn the basic rules first before going into 30k? I'm serious I have no clue :unsure.:. I mean this army is planned for use in 30k but I just figured that learning the 40k rules would make it a bit simpler is all :smile.:

Nemac

Not really, the mechanics are similar but a bit larger in 30K and more balanced. The thing that makes 30K easier is since most armies are Legions, you'll know your opponents rules much more. Either way, have fun with it bud.

(my original post was mainly in jest anyhow)

Thanks guys :)

Would it not be easier to learn the basic rules first before going into 30k? I'm serious I have no clue :unsure.:. I mean this army is planned for use in 30k but I just figured that learning the 40k rules would make it a bit simpler is all :smile.:

Nemac

Not really, the mechanics are similar but a bit larger in 30K and more balanced. The thing that makes 30K easier is since most armies are Legions, you'll know your opponents rules much more. Either way, have fun with it bud.

(my original post was mainly in jest anyhow)

OK cool, I will try the nest few games using the legion rules then. Don't worry I got that it was jest and it did give me a giggle. I will endeavour to 'play right' :wink:

Nemac

Morning folks,

I've been working on a banner for my command squad that is based on this banner which I found on a google search but may well be from the B&C banners that used to be on this site?

gse_multipart17579.png

And this is where I'm at with it:

SAM_1343.JPG

I may not add anything else to the banner because I don't want it to be overly busy. We will see how it looks when the model is finished :)

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate it :D, I am doing some more work on it as we speak, adding burn marks to the bottom and around the holes. Ive decided to add some lightning to the blank spaces in the top corners and then paint the details and see how it looks :)

Nemac

Afternoon everyone,

I have finished the banner/vexilla this afternoon. pretty pleased with it though I would like to practice a little more on the freehand. Still I have a ton of chaos banners from eBay to fiddle around with so I may get to try it again at some point :)

SAM_1346.JPG

SAM_1347.JPG

For the base I thought I would try something new so I cut out a chunk from the front and made a lower level underneath with plasticard. I then used GS to fill the gaps and make it look more like earth before basing it and painting with Stirland Mud, Ryza Rust and 50/50 Kislev Flesh and White Scar.

Thanks for looking and C&C always welcome :tu:

Nemac

Both the banner and base look great. Look forward to seeing some more freehand from you :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio :D, I will do my best not to dissapoint :tu:

The banner came from the Vampire Counts Grave Guard I believe mate. It is fitting without need for cutting up bits :biggrin.:

Nemac

Cheers - Yeah very fitting indeed!

Aye, all the bits stores have run out though :furious:

Nemac

Holy sweet father of Night Haunter...

I am totally stealing this banner and this base. Or their concepts at least. Because that's what we Night Lords do.

In other words, amazing work, brother. My praise to you.

Holy sweet father of Night Haunter...

I am totally stealing this banner and this base. Or their concepts at least. Because that's what we Night Lords do.

In other words, amazing work, brother. My praise to you.

Thank you dude :), steal away. I will have to check out what you do with it for sure :tu:

Nemac

This banner turn up very well ! A really nice piece ! Good job on the base too ! I Shall still from you to :devil:

Anyway now I've to post my banner because of you ! (And to make a better one after that ^^)

Archived