Oooooh, haven't been keeping up with this, shame on me!

Biker Lord is absolutely fantastic, I was considering doing something similar with some B@C-Lightning Claws as well :biggrin.:

Vindicator is great too, perfect balance between wear and flashiness.

Thanks Brother Pheidias :), the Lord is my favourite model that I own now and was so much fun to build and paint. The Vindicator will hopefully be finished soon, just another side and the back left to do :tu:

Vindicator turns out be nice, good luck with finishing it!

Thanks DarkVen :), it's getting there.

Should have an update around midweek!

Nemac

OK, so I have taken a little break from painting blue and decided to give Custodes a second attempt. For the first attempt I followed the WarhammerTV tutorial and while I liked the end result, It wasn't nearly shiny enough for me:

Custodes_2.JPG

I ordered the Vallejo liquid metal paint set and and went to work on the second miniature:

SAM_1541.JPG

I used a base of the Liquid Copper and then a glaze all over with Naggaroth Night, a layer of Liquid Gold leaving the recessed areas and then a highlight of Liquid silver. I was not planning on keeping the Custodes but am now thinking I may have to do a small loyalist force for them to fight alongside :)

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

Morning all!

I have managed to get a little bit more work done on the Custodes. Tops of the legs, gold on the arms and a few of the details like the standard haft, topknot, lappets and the gems on the chest:

SAM_1543.JPG

Still got a fair way to go but think I will start with the rest of the legs and the gold double eagle at the bottom of the standard haft. The top of the standard will probably be the last thing I do. I was considering painting the wings of the banner and shield with white 'feathers' instead of all gold but am unsure if this will look any good or not.

C&C or any advice welcome :)

Nemac

Afternoon everyone!

I am having a little bit of trouble and wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I am having trouble photographing gold armour on my Custodian Guard. It seems to wash out too much and I have tried a lot of things to reduce the glare but to no effect. So far using my light box which has sides that let light through but turning the lamps off has yielded the best results. These still aren't great and I feel a great amount of detail is lost in the image.

This is what I mean:

SAM_1550.JPG

The miniature is finished but the details just aren't showing up. I spent a great deal of time making sure the recesses where a stark contrast and they are not showing up very well in a lot of areas :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Nemac

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon everyone!

It has been rather quiet in my little corner of B&C but I have been working on a few things. I have finished the bike for my third biker and just have the rider left to do. I have taken a picture of the army as it stands now without the Vindicator because I simply couldn't get it to fit and it is also not finished :D.

SAM_1570.JPG

And then I continued with my attempt to make First Claw. Uzas was up first and I am still waiting for his head to arrive but other then a few more trinkets he is nearing completion and about ready to get some paint.

SAM_1575.JPG

SAM_1574.JPG

I have ordered a Kakophoni torso and legs for Xarl and a Night Lord's Raptor torso and legs for Talos. I am still pondering Cyrion and Mercutian but may have an idea for Variel:

99800102002_FabiusBileNEW_01.jpg

I am thinking of using everything bar the head (I know it's one piece but I'm sure it will remove easily enough) and arms. I know he isn't described as wearing a flesh 'coat' but I have always wanted to do something with the Fabius model and I think this is finally what I've decided to use it for.

Anywho, C&C welcome as always and If anyone has any ideas for First Claw then please do share!

Nemac

Thanks Kraut :D. First claw is nearing completion or at least the building part of them. I was going to try truscale but have decided that keeping them the same size as the rest of the minis would be a bit better. Mercutian needs a few trophies and severed heads adding hear and there, Cyrion is in the same state and Talos' upper torso is in the works.

Xarl's and Variels bodies are on order and Uzas is the only member to receive a paint job yet. Lots of work to come but I'll hopefully get an update posted tomorrow :tu:

Nemac

Uzas is looking brilliant! Definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of First Claw! 

Thanks dude :). More work has been done on First Claw:

SAM_1577.JPG

Just waiting on Uzas' helmet to arrive and I can have a go at painting a bloody hand print (not looking forward to that).

SAM_1578.JPG

I also have to paint so stitching on the flesh cloak and add some crimson wash to areas to make the flesh tone differ. I have started on Cyrion and Mercutian:

SAM_1576.JPG

I have removed the points at the side of the arrow on Mercutian's helmet because arrows look like chaos to me and have customised Cyrion's Bolter with an ammo feed, sight and a blade slung under the barrel, though I may change the blade because it is blocking the muzzle of the gun and that just won't do!

I am taking inspiration from these images:

night_lords_2-1810-x-8422.jpg

Night_lords.jpg

Talos is also under construction though I am having a little trouble with the daemon face on his left shoulder, I mean the face is done but I can't sculpt anything with detail worth a damn so making the wings is proving to be a bit of an issue. Also it isnt shown in the picture but Cyrion has his bionic arm resting under the Boltgun. If I get any time later I will try and get a picture of it.

I am waiting for so many bits orders to be delivered that I can't really continue with these guys until they have arrived over the next few days. Talos legs, left arm, Blood Angel blade and helm, the daemon face for Mercutian's Heavy Bolter, The entirety of Xarl and Variel, though the latter is proving to be a pain because bits stores don't seen to stock Narthesium arms very often :(

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac