Lovely model, very encapsulating of the Legion! I've always been super fond of that particular head, so great stuff. :)

I have another four built and ready to go. Three are pretty standard but I made one with a banner pole in one hand to represent a Mark of Chaos. I haven't got the new codex yet but I assume you can take marks on NL's. If not, meh!

You can indeed! All restrictions have been removed for the Undivided Legions in regards to access to Marks. Simple choose one of the four as your <Mark of Chaos> keyword and that allows you to take the matching icon!

Lovely model, very encapsulating of the Legion! I've always been super fond of that particular head, so great stuff. :smile.:

I have another four built and ready to go. Three are pretty standard but I made one with a banner pole in one hand to represent a Mark of Chaos. I haven't got the new codex yet but I assume you can take marks on NL's. If not, meh!

You can indeed! All restrictions have been removed for the Undivided Legions in regards to access to Marks. Simple choose one of the four as your <Mark of Chaos> keyword and that allows you to take the matching icon!

Thanks Mister Feral! That is great news, roll on payday :D.

Here is the Icon Bearer in question, just the Jump Pack and Wings left to finish but they are slowly coming together and I also have most of the base layers down on the Plasma Gunner (no pics of him though):

gallery_74887_13568_66565.png

I am not a great fan of 'busy' banners so just wanted something pretty simple - I will probably repeat this across all the Icon Bearers I do for this army. In other news I have some ideas for a Daemon Prince using the Finecast webstore exclusive:

99810102023_CSMDaemonPrinceNEW01.jpg

A likely repose and some big ol' wings on him for a start. I may change the arms too.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Protip: The Slaanesh icon is tasty if you're fighting Imperials!

I'd love to see what you'd do with that Daemon Prince, I'm surprised I've never bought it myself (I remember owning the White Dwarf it was released way back in). There was a Masterclass article where they converted an Iron Warriors Deamon Prince with big ol' wings.

The icon bearer is looking great! Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with the daemon prince, a giant pair of batwings would look cool for wings I think.

Thanks Vairocanum :), I have used Tyranid wings for the Raptors so providing I can source some I was thinking of using the wings from a Hive Tyrant. That should keep the theme going :D.

I really like the icon bearer! great work. look forward to seeing the daemon prince and how you build it :smile.:

Thanks Sagentus :). I will likely just cut the legs at the hips and knees and make them straighter so he stands tall, I will also be replacing the feet with those from the plastic DP kit. Something about a daemon wearing boots doesn't feel right.

Protip: The Slaanesh icon is tasty if you're fighting Imperials!

I'd love to see what you'd do with that Daemon Prince, I'm surprised I've never bought it myself (I remember owning the White Dwarf it was released way back in). There was a Masterclass article where they converted an Iron Warriors Deamon Prince with big ol' wings.

Thanks Mister Feral :), I read the Icons in the Index and yea I will probably go for that one - If I worked it out correctly it means a possible 15 attacks for a five man Raptor unit. I haven't seen that Issue I don't think, I will have to test my google fu!

Thanks for the comments guys. More pics coming very soon.

Nemac 

I can't believe I've missed this thread, a sub will take care of that.

I'll enjoy looking through it all for sure, as for now I just gave to say that I love your work on first claw. Amazing stuff, easily my favorite rendition if those guys!

I really like the color you've chosen for your nurglites too, very cool and unique.

That icon is a thing of simplistic beauty. Looks great. It reminds me of the old GW studio undead army where all the banners were basically just black/white stripes. It was so simple but really striking when seen en masse.

I too am looking forward to seeing what you do with the Daemon Prince and as for Hive Tyrant wings I should have some. I'll have a hunt through my bits boxes tonight after work. :tu:

I'll enjoy looking through it all for sure, as for now I just gave to say that I love your work on first claw. Amazing stuff, easily my favorite rendition if those guys!

I really like the color you've chosen for your nurglites too, very cool and unique.

Thank ElDuderino :smile.:. First Claw were so enjoyable to make and I am still working on Malcharion between other things! I went with the Pallid Hand for my Death Guard because it looked the closest to the original scheme of the Heresy marines so I am pleased you like them. Cheers for the sub too :biggrin.:.

That icon is a thing of simplistic beauty. Looks great. It reminds me of the old GW studio undead army where all the banners were basically just black/white stripes. It was so simple but really striking when seen en masse.

I too am looking forward to seeing what you do with the Daemon Prince and as for Hive Tyrant wings I should have some. I'll have a hunt through my bits boxes tonight after work. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio :smile.:, I wanted something for the icons that would be fairly simple to recreate across the board and also decided to paint the front of the banner red as opposed to the black of the back just to give it a little something extra. I plan on doing a banner for each of my units so this way none should look out of place.

Mate, if you are willing to part with those wings i will be eternally grateful. My address has changed though so If you can find them let me know! I would also like to know if there is anything you are in need of that I can return the favour with :biggrin.:.

The raptors are looking very awesome, and looking forward to this deamon prince

Thanks dude :smile.:, pleased you like them and I hope the DP doesn't disappoint!

So I do have more images which some of you may have already seen on Instagram but I will share them here too. First up is the Icon Bearer:

med_gallery_74887_13568_798764.jpg

Then the Plasma Gunner:

med_gallery_74887_13568_947046.jpg

And all three together:

med_gallery_74887_13568_820742.jpg

If you want to see larger images they can be found in my B&C galleries, they were just to big to fit neatly on the page and I can't bring myself to post an image that overlaps a border. I will also try and get more pictures of the backs of each Raptor in case anyone was planning on asking :wink:

As always C&C is very much welcome!

Nemac

That's a very mean trio of raptors that take a scary Nightlords theme.  Inspired conversion.

Thanks mate, I have done most the base coats for the fourth and then just one to go :D

Will have a look tonight dude and send you a pm. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio! Let me know if there is anything you need :)

First off, your Death Guard looks awesome! Love all the work you put into them and may copy what you did with the plaguecaster.

The new raptors are also sweet.

Thanks hushrong :). Go for it, If you upload a picture of your Plaguecaster then let me know, I would love to see what you do with it.

Love the new plasma gunner, very dynamic! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairo :). I have plans for a unit of possessed and a unit of 10 Chaos Marines using Raptor parts and maybe a sergeant from the DV box, converted of course. They will have to wait until after the Daemon Prince though.

In other news I have a plan for a small Armies on Parade board for these guys. Something that is much easier to transport then the 2x2 board I have already shown you guys. That board will not be put to the side though and will be finished to be part of a 6x4 gaming table. I will show the plans very soon :D

Thanks again guys.

Nemac

I have two sets of the DG from the starter but it may be awhile till I get to them. However I have been eyeballing and making mental notes of other people's work to copy...errrr borrow.

As for a board what are some scenic ideas you have? For those winged raptors I think it would be cool if you could do a gargoyle covered spire for them.

The board I have to use is a cake base. You know the silver discs that are quite sturdy. and I was planning on building rocks to the back of it to give the Raptors a 'perch' and a space towards the front centre for the Daemon Prince. Then I should have some space for either a Chaos Marine unit or a squad of Possessed. I very much like the idea of Spire, the only downside to that is that I have glued the Raptors to the bases so I couldn't have them directly on the spire. I may have to think of a way to get one added though :)

Nemac

Afternoon all!

I received a bits order this morning so managed to get my Sorcerer conversion to a point where I can show you how he's coming along. I've kept the standard raptor Jump Pack but added the wings, this is something I wanted to do for characters to make them stand out a little more. I only need the top of the staff to finish him up and then it's just clean up and paint:

gallery_74887_13568_919765.png

The robes were made using instamould over the legs to give me an area to push against while marking in the folds, the instamould is then removed to leave the free flowing robes. Again I took inspiration from board members, mainly Thamier for this one because his is amazing.

As always C&C very welcome.

Nemac

Afternoon all!

I received a bits order this morning so managed to get my Sorcerer conversion to a point where I can show you how he's coming along. I've kept the standard raptor Jump Pack but added the wings, this is something I wanted to do for characters to make them stand out a little more. I only need the top of the staff to finish him up and then it's just clean up and paint:

The robes were made using instamould over the legs to give me an area to push against while marking in the folds, the instamould is then removed to leave the free flowing robes. Again I took inspiration from board members, mainly Thamier for this one because his is amazing.

As always C&C very welcome.

Nemac

That Sorc looks great! And Thamiers method with the instant mold is really awesome, I'll try it out soon too. 

What are you going to put on the staff top? 

Archived