Thanks guys :D

Thanks Bio, I can't take credit for the method but I saw some pictures on Thamiers thread when he was making his sorcerer and worked it out from that. I need to make a tabard for the upcoming Daemon Prince so I will get some pictures of how it is done :tu:

Basically, you put some instamould into hot water and when it's flexible you can push it between the legs (or around them for the robes at the sides) and then you have a good surface to sculpt the cloth. I hope this helps but I will try and get some pictures of it :)

Nemac

Ok guys, you can ignore my previous comment about not showing how far I am with the Sorcerer. I still have to finish his back pack but will show what he looks like at the moment. I am very pleased with this one which is why I have had a change of heart:

med_gallery_74887_13568_89878.png

I have also started working on the Daemon Prince. Most of the conversion work is finished minus a few areas that still require a clean:

gallery_74887_13568_193368.png

I have straightened his left leg and replaced his feet with those of the plastic Daemon Prince, I have also added a loin cloth and some additional trophies and started work on filling the gaps. I likely need to go over the gaps above, and around the sides, of his head but he is slowly getting there.

As always your thoughts are very welcome!

Nemac

Dam that sorcerer is looking epic. Great conversion and the paint job it ace.

The DP is also looking great, really liking the repose. I thing the left leg might need turning out a little more but other than that it's spot on!

Thanks mate, I think it may just be the picture that makes the leg look a little wrong. I also think it may be a little bit late to do anything about it without pulling the model apart. I'll have to have another look at it when I'm home :)

Brilliant work on the sorcerer, fantastic looking paint job. The sculpted tabard looks even more impressive after you've painted it! The daemon prince is looking great too, really like the swapped feet. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairocanum. He is getting there. I'm doing the sorcerers jump pack at the moment so hopefully he will be ready tomorrow for pictures :)

Thanks again guys

Nemac

The sorcerer already looks fantastic! Can't wait seeing him finished. And I love that power armor prince, he might be old but he is so superior to the goofy plastic one.

Thanks Aasfresser :), the sorcerer is done now but am having a few issues with my internet so struggling to upload pictures :(. I agree with the DP, the old model is amazing and the trim on the armour seems to fit in with the new aesthetic very well.

Nemac

Morning all!

I have managed to get some pictures up and this is how the Daemon Prince looks at the moment:

gallery_74887_13568_381019.png

The wings were very kindly sent by Biohazard and look perfect against the wings on my Raptors. I have a little more GS work to do on this guy but it shouldn't be long until he is ready for some paint. I have also finished the Sorcerer:

gallery_74887_13568_4722.png

This guy was very enjoyable to both convert and paint but does make me wish I had used the standard Raptor Jump Packs across the other models too! Still I have a unit of Warp Talons to be adding to this army so Maybe I will use the standard packs on those (with wings of course).

C&C always welcome.

Nemac

Sorceror looks spot on.

Thanks mate :)

Really nice work on the Sorcerer and Daemon Prince! I'm glad that you went with the classic Daemon Prince model rather than the plastic version. The old resin Prince is a much better mini :thumbsup:

Thanks Kizz :), I much prefer the classic model to be honest. I am just working my way around the wings and sculpting in the adjoining areas. I should be able to get a picture up tomorrow.

The wings on that dp are huge, but they fit the model perfectly. It looks as though he's just ascended and spread his wings for the first time. Great for work.

That sorcerer looks brilliant. Can't wait to see how the warp talons come on

Thanks Sagentus :), The Warp Talons will be getting some treatment soon but I got a little carried away and used two boxes of Raptors to make a ten man unit of Chaos Space Marines with two flamers.

Thanks again for the comments folks :tu:

Update should be ready tomorrow!

Nemac

Cheers mate! I'm just in the process of blocking out the blue areas ready to give them a wash with the GW blue ink. After that I will block out he red areas and then finish both together so I get a reasonable transition in the areas where they meet. I really want to have him done this week so I can finish the last Raptor. That will give me 2 HQ and 1 Troop choice and then I'm onto the ten man CSM unit. Wish me luck :D

Nemac

Whoah! Don't know why I didn't comment in here before, you have some really awesome Night Lord! This last DP is amazing, I like alot the bigger wings!

Thanks Traitor :biggrin.:, I have done a little more work on the Daemon Prince but have been sidetracked by the possibility of making videos! I will try and get an update on him shortly :thumbsup:

The bigger wings on that DP look fantastic. Gives it some real presence. The raptors look fantastic.

Thank you :smile.:, I only have one Raptor to finish and then the unit is done.

That sorcerer is a work of art, not much else to say.

Cool work on the prince too, I like the repose a lot. I have one of those lying around somewhere, I'll definitely take a few peeks at yours when it's time to work on him:)

Thanks ElDuderino! I decided to paint the prince in sections as apposed to doing all the block colours in one go - more fun to see certain parts finished :smile.:. As for the Sorcerer, I mentioned videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOCE84NqXc

This is my first attempt at this so apologies for the shakey bits. I wanted to make sure I wasn't biting off more then I could chew before investing in more equipment.

Thanks

Nemac

Edited by Nemac Vradon

Cheers Bio, I've just noticed the video is a bit blurry to begin with but not like that on my computer? Maybe I will try and upload it again. As for the Daemon Prince I will be doing more on him tonight so hopefully will have some images for your viewing pleasure soon :).

Nemac