The Predator trim looks great!  It's quite subtle compared to the big extra armour pieces from Forgeworld but still clearly chaos. You still going to deck it out with skulls and spikes like most chaos preds?

Thanks Marshal :), I will be adding skulls, chains and spikes, just not the big clumpy spikes from the tank sprue :D.

That looks sweet! I've fiddled with making trim earlier, never got around to finish it though. Maybe I'll give this style a go now, seems a bit more forgiving than straight lines and evenly placed arrows. Plus it looks great:)

Thanks Elduderino :) It is very forgiving, the main problem being sculpting the 'teeth' into the spaces I left for them. If you have a dremel then making this trim should be no problem :tu:

thanks for the loincloth tutorial and im very happy that it helps ppl.

No worries Thamier :), apologies if I have stepped on your toes!

Nemac

Evening all,

A very small update tonight - I have started work on a Chaos Lord using Khârn as the basis for the conversion. I have armed him with the Claws of the Black Hunt and will probably run him with a unit of Chosen:

NL CL 1

I have also done some more work on the Daemon Prince and he is very nearly finished. I should get some pictures up tomorrow of the completed model. I guess then I have one more Raptor to finish and I can start work on the Predator properly :tu:

As always let me know what you think!

Nemac

Thanks guys, pleased you like him :)

Vairo, I tried using a bare head on him but the gap around it looked out of place. I think Kharns head is slightly bigger then the standard, probably because of the butchers nails and ears, which is a shame.

As for the Daemon Prince I won't get him done today because of life, had to arrange a new car so haven't had the time to paint really. I will however upload pictures as soon as he is finished.

Nemac

Thanks guys!

@Sagentus - I'm no sure it's an improvement but I am very pleased with him :)

@Vairo - You sir, are a genius! I have one that Bio sent me a while ago an you are correct, it looks great :D

Just finishing up the talons (not sure that's the correct name) on the Daemon Princes wings and then I will try and get some pictures done.

Nemac

Morning! (Again)

So here is the finished Daemon Prince. It has been so much fun making and painting this model I am almost upset that it is over :(. 

NL DP 5

NL DP 6

NL DP 7

NL DP 8

Thanks again to Bio for sending me the wings (among other parts) to get this guy done. I guess now I am back on the Raptors being as I only have the one dude let to finish. I have also mentioned a few times about my CSM unit made from Raptors so I will try and get pictures of them uploaded as well.

C&C is always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks guys :D,

Very pleased with the Daemon Prince! I've decided to finish my Chaos space marine squad after the final Raptor. That will give me a usable, albeit small force. The predator is taking some time to get to the look I want for it but should be worth the extra effort.

I'm in the process of finding backpacks that fit with the Raptor armour I used on the CSM squad so a lot of digging through bits boxes at the moment. I should really sort them out :(.

Thanks again!

Nemac

Thanks guys :), I went with the metallic wings because I wanted them to look like they had formed from his armour and not burst through it. The Tyranid wings have areas that look like the soft armour on the joints of space marines so felt it would work best that way :tu:

Not had too much time to paint over the weekend but will try and get some done this week.

Thanks again!

Nemac

Nice work on the Daemon prince, great to see an awesome old model get a new paint job and look as fearsome as it did when it was released. I really like what you've done so far with the Kharne conversion; I think the arms your using actually fit the model better than the original ones.

Man everything in this thread is so inspiring! Really stoked to see what you do with the trim. I bought a predator off eBay that has a bit of custom trim on it, and tons of extra little metal beads to make the rivets. I may try my hand at that style you're doing seems much more forgiving as has been said!

Nice work on the Daemon prince, great to see an awesome old model get a new paint job and look as fearsome as it did when it was released. I really like what you've done so far with the Kharne conversion; I think the arms your using actually fit the model better than the original ones.

Thanks Sgt. Blank, I'm pleased you like them :). I knew I wanted to use Khârn for a Lord conversion when it was released. Luckily the only Khorne symbols are on one arm and the bottom of his feet so that made it much easier :tu:

Man everything in this thread is so inspiring! Really stoked to see what you do with the trim. I bought a predator off eBay that has a bit of custom trim on it, and tons of extra little metal beads to make the rivets. I may try my hand at that style you're doing seems much more forgiving as has been said!

Thanks you! It is a much more forgiving way of doing it, simply because it doesn't matter if the lines aren't perfectly straight. With this method you cut into the trim to rough it up a bit which really makes things easier :)

Thanks again for the comments, more to come soon!

Nemac

Archived