Evening all!

I have done a little more work on the Daemon Prince and have attempted to blend the gold colour into the red that I paint all the daemonic flesh and the wings. I am pretty happy with the result but still have a few more highlights to add to the red parts. I think my original estimation of finishing this guy by the end of this week may have been a bit optimistic :blush.:. Still, here is his left leg so far:

NL DP 4

Like I said previously I will be just painting this guy in sections instead of doing each individual colour on every detail required. The wings will probably be last as his crowning glory :).

C&C is always welcome.

Nemac

Thanks guys, plodding along with him this morning before work. A few of you have mentioned you wanted to see the method for creating loincloths. I have made a quick guide on how to do it but I will say this is not my method and I pinched it from Thamier, or this is how I think he does it. Either way it works:

You will need:

Instamold, Greenstuff, Vaseline (or other lubricant), Shapers, Knife and Legs.

Step 1:

Heat the Instamold in a cup of boiling water and press between the Legs. Mix the Greenstuff together.

Step 2:

Use Vaseline on cutting mat to prevent Greenstuff sticking and then flatten it out. You want to make sure its roughly 2mm thick.

Step 3:

Lubricate knife blade and cut Greenstuff to the right shape.

Step 4:

Place Greenstuff over the legs and position where you want it to be. In the picture I had not cut the Greenstuff short enough so I removed a few millimetres from the bottom.

Step 5:

Press the top two corners into position to stop the Greenstuff moving around when you shape the rest and then start shaping it using the shapers. I always start with a triangle at the top centre and then work the folds down from there. Apologies for how rough this shaping is, I was trying to get this done before work :).

That is pretty much it.

Thanks again for all the comments and I hope this helps!

Nemac

Thanks everyone, I hope you find it useful :). If I ever get a decent video camera I will try and make a better tutorial with it. In other news, I should have another update on the Daemon Prince tomorrow. For now I am spending the evening planning further additions to the army so fingers crossed I should have news in that regard soon.

Thanks again for the comments!

Nemac

Afternoon all,

I have done a bit more work to the Daemon Prince, making a start on the arms and just about finished one of the legs. I have also made a start on the sword, trying to make a glowing effect on the runes which I think came out ok? I will probably do the other leg next and then the second arm and shoulder guard. All I know for certain is that the wings will be last:

gallery_74887_13568_377878.png

I am also starting work on the first of two predators for this army and have started to (attempt) to add some chaotic vehicle trim to the front. I want it to look like it fits on with the aesthetic of the Raptors so I am adding in the odd tooth and and trying to make sure that not too many edges are straight. I am also roughing up the surfaces on the trim so it isn't in pristine condition, because, Long War:

gallery_74887_13568_265635.png

If this doesn't work I will just visit Subtle's shop :D

As always let me know what you think!

Nemac

That looks great, I'm afraid that subtle discord just lost a potential customer hehe:)

Thanks mate, a long way to go yet. Hopefully I can get the main bulk of the trim laid out today and then start roughing it up with the dremel :)

Great job so far on the deamon prince mate ! The wings looks perfect, can't wait to see him finished.

Good idea for the predators, to give theme a raptor look :smile.:

Thanks Malchy :), I am very much enjoying the Daemon Prince. I hope that the Predator turns out how I want it!

The daemon prince is really coming together nicely. The living metal look on the wings is suitably creepy. That trim is a nice touch on the predator. A great example of less being more.

Thanks mate, I will be adding more trim, just not to every part :)

More to come soon!

Nemac

The DP is looking great, but now I'm really excited for the Predator, the teaser you showed is very promising!

Thanks Traitor :), Slowly working my way through both but the Predator may take some time. I've not really used styrene for anything like this before so I am learning as I go.

Cool idea to tie in your tanks using raptor-style trims! The daemonprince is coming together nicely, great idea to use red for him!

Thanks Atia :), I aim to have the main bulk of the Daemon Prince finished this week (hopefully!).

And a small update regarding the Predator:

gallery_74887_13568_482857.png

The areas that will have trim have been marked up with the styrene and just need to fill gaps and shape at the back. The front though I am happy with. I will add some to the sponsons but not sure where I will place that as yet.

As always let me know your thoughts!

Nemac