I like the size! You could maybe even paint them as human skin stretched over metal "bones."

That does sound pretty cool, though I would probably go for the traditional with a minor tweak. I will have to remember that though, maybe for a Chosen with huge Chainsword :wink:

I love them, i think they'll look ok on a biker. :thumbsup:

I am leaning that way dude, I think ill build the mini leaving the head separated and then use some blue tac to see how it would turn out :tu:

Nemac

Morning all!

I have finished the second Biker. This one has a Melta Gun. I have converted the arms to be MKIII so I could get a bit more variety across my squad which in fairness wasn't too difficult when I worked out which arms from BoP worked best for it. If anyone is interested I can make up a quick tutorial on how its done :).

Bike_10.JPG

And a shot for Thamier so he can see the meat hook :D

Bike_11.JPG

Bike_12.JPG

C&C is always welcome, Thanks for looking!

Nemac

Afternoon all!

I have taken a small break from doing my Bikers and started work on the Vindicator. I'm enjoying doing vehicles quite a bit but still have five marines to get done for the second Marine squad and also my five Assault Marines to finish.

Pretty pleased with how this is shaping up:

SAM_1504.JPG

I made the corpse of the Cadian reaching for the defaced symbol of the Corpse-Emperor, maybe praying for miracle or something :D. Needless to say I don't think he will be living long enough for it to matter.

SAM_1505.JPG

SAM_1506.JPG

Most of the details added to this are to cover up previous changes that were made to the model that would not fit into the scheme I have chosen for my Night Lords. Finally I have done some work on the banner pole/trophy rack for my Lord:

Chaos_Lord_2.JPG

Still a bit more work to do on that and the Vindicator needs some gaps filling and a few other bits such as mouldlines and filing to get it to a decent level.

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

Evening all!

I have finished my Chaos Lord, bar a few areas here and there which will need touching up. More pictures will follow tomorrow but for now this is what I have to offer, one picture :)

SAM_1511.JPG

The other pictures weren't worth posting so I haven't. I have one more bike to finish for a usable unit and that is halfway done. Did I mention that I really dislike painting bikes? No? Well, I really dislike painting bikes! I am very happy with them so far though :D

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Brilliant work on the lord! I really like the alternate lightning claws. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Vairocanum :), I wanted to model two lightning claws for when I use this army in 40k games with the 'Claws of the Black Hunt' and figured a biker should have sleeker war gear. They are two of the Tartaros claws from the BoP set cut in half and filed. I still have the other halves for something else at a later date (no clue what :tongue.:).

That biker lord is quite wonderful, and while those wings on his helmet could have ended up looking really silly, they are the thing that really sells the model as a commander and a centrepiece, in my opinion. Excellent stuff!

Thanks Kraut :), I agree on the wings with how they could have looked awful and when it was just the head without the body or the bike I was very tempted to cut them down a bit. I do think that on a normal standing marine without the added bulk the bike gives they would look wrong :D.

Thanks for the comments guys, keeps me motivated to do more :tu:

Nemac

As I mentioned last night - More pictures of the Lord with more angles so everything can be seen :)

Chaos_lord_8.JPG

Chaos_lord_5.JPG

Chaos_lord_6.JPG

Chaos_lord_7.JPG

The parts I used are as follow: Mantic zombie, tartaros lightning claws, Khorne Icon (the skulls from the bottom), Chaos Marine spike, wings from a Dragon Prince helm, green stuff, the cloak from Sevatar, a FW Night Lord's shoulder guard and the torso is from the Khorne Berzerker kit :)

Thanks for looking!

Nemac

This is really impressive ! Usually not a fan of bikes but those are perfect ! Your Chaos lord in particular is brilliant.

Even if the level is really high here, yours is certainly my favourite NL thread !

More

Malchy

Edited by malcharion

He looks fantastic mate. All the bits have come together brilliantly, I really like the claws and the way the cape flows. Excellent work.

Thanks Bio :). One more bike for a usable unit and then I'll get a group shot with them. It took a little work to get the cape to stay there, I had to cut away Sevatar's arm and smooth it out but was worth it :tu:

This is really impressive ! Usually not a fan of bikes but those are perfect ! Your Chaos lord in particular is brilliant.

Even if the level is really high here, yours is certainly my favourite NL thread !

More

Malchy

Thanks Malchy :), I keep popping in to your thread for bits of inspiration so pleased to know you like what I'm doing as well :)

Nemac

Morning all!

I have been taking a break from the bikes, even though i have one left and hes half way there :unsure.: but have been working on my Vindicator. This is the first tank for this army and have learned that my paint scheme needs lightening slightly for it to work on large flat areas. For that reason I have painted the main tank body in a 30/70 mix of Abaddon Black and Kantor Blue. This should make the highlights a little less stark and still fit in with the overall theme:

SAM_1529.JPG

I have also painted sections of the armour in Bronze to break it up a little bit:

SAM_1530.JPG

As always C&C welcome, let me know what you think!

Nemac

Morning all!

A bit more work done on the Vindicator. I have done the majority of the left side and the front of the Siege Shield. I have also added the bronze details to the side panel and the Havoc Launcher and painted a couple of the little details like the torn arms, Blood Angel helm and various lights.

SAM_1531.JPG

SAM_1533.JPG

As you can see there is still quite a way to go with this and I spent all day yesterday on just the one side. It's getting there though :)

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac