Evening!

It has really been a while since I updated anything on here but thought I would share some of my first Death Guard models from Dark Imperium. I love the Death Guard and actually sold an army not that long ago and have regretted that decision many times.

With the new models I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get started on them. With that said:

I have also got my hands on some Plague Bearers and a Great Unclean One to fight alongside these guys and will be getting a second set of the Death Guard models. I will try and get some pictures of the Foetid Boat-drone and the other finished Plague Marines in the next few days.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Wow! Your colour scheme looks incredibly good! Very light and "popping", while still retaining a great Death Guard vibe. I'm still looking for my preferred colour scheme, would you mind sharing your recipe? 

Thanks You! Of course, It is Vallejo Model Air Cam. Medium Brown airbrushed over a black primer, then Vallejo Model Air Light Brown, again airbrushed. Then I mix a 70/30 mix of Model Air Light Brown and White on to the flat armour panels and finally highlight with screaming skull :smile.:.

Thanks a lot for the reply - though I can't get it to make sense; The models have a mint/light green tint, and you've painted them all using browns?

Could it be because of the black undercoat? I really don't know :unsure:. I am fairly new to airbrushing so not sure but that is all I do.

Thats just perfect! Nurlge is pleased.

Thanks Steamius :)

Nemac

WOW, that looks fantastic. Really liking the colors on him, maybe its just from the picture but the stomach GUO looked "wetter" which really added to the gross factor but for the Noxious Blightbringer it doesn't seem as apparent. Looking forward to seeing what you'll paint next!

WOW, that looks fantastic. Really liking the colors on him, maybe its just from the picture but the stomach GUO looked "wetter" which really added to the gross factor but for the Noxious Blightbringer it doesn't seem as apparent. Looking forward to seeing what you'll paint next!

Thanks Vairocanum :), I think it is just the picture, I will try and get a better picture of the stomach at some point. Not sure what is next really - New models on Thursday for me so It will probably be a few conversions next.

In other news, this happened:

gallery_74887_13423_300023.png

Just a little chuffed with this :D. I think the airbrushing over black may be causing the discolouration of the brown model air paints. I painted the GUO with Dark Earth and Sand Yellow :unsure:

Nemac

Morning all!

I received a collection of the newer Death Guard minis yesterday thanks to Raztalin and set about butchering them for some unique marines among my army. Some of the changes are very minor but some I think turned out very well. I used a mix of left over parts from Dark Imperium and the odd part from Burning of Prospero too.

I'll start with the minor changes:

gallery_74887_13423_357060.png

The guy on the right has had nothing changed while the other dude has had his backpack and left arm switched out. A view of the backs:

gallery_74887_13423_422140.png

Then I made two Blight Launchers wielding marines, one for each unit of seven that I'm working on right now.

gallery_74887_13423_246516.png

And finally my favourite two from the new models:

gallery_74887_13423_413825.png

I think these last two turned out the best. They will at least look the most unique on the table with the other Death Guard that use the same torsos and legs. I have another four of the marines left from Raztalin but I am planning on waiting for the multi-part kit to finish them off for even more variety.

As always C&C very welcome!

Nemac

Afternoon all,

I have a rather small update for you today. I decided the standard MKIII helm wasn't doing anything for me and with the spare parts I now have, thought it would be a good idea to use one that was more fitting for the Death Guard.

gallery_74887_13423_476904.png

I am now much happier with this guy and will leave him alone :). I also finished my second Plague Champion and in case any of you were wondering what I did with my Plague Caster, well, he no longer has any powers as he was used for this purpose:

gallery_74887_13423_430083.png

I liked the idea of the champions having the hoods so I will have to think of something entirely different for the Plague Caster in my army. Other then those last two, I am just plodding along with the second unit and final marine for the first unit of seven.

As always C&C very welcome.

Nemac

ole babyface looks much better as a champion, I'm intriged to see whats under his hood, have you removed his whole face and left it empty?

I agree, the model without the stick and strange psychic power thingy is much better. I actually removed his head completely and filed down the area underneath. He now has a faceless, covered head look that I prefer to the baby face :)

Nemac

Great work on the DG and making them more individual. One critique, im not keen the the right arm of the blightbringer on the left, not sure why he would have his BP out while wielding such a weapon, but that me ^^ 

Really like the pale pallet you have going on too, look forward to seeing more! 

Love the various kitbashes, and the latest two paintjobs are, once again, rather lovely: The replacement head on the Plague Marine works really, really well. And the face on the Plaguecaster turned champion has been dremeled out, right? Also a very effective solution! :smile.:

EDIT: One teeny tiny gripe, though: Is there any reason why you didn't paint the stitches where the Champion's hood meets his "stole"?

Great work on the DG and making them more individual. One critique, im not keen the the right arm of the blightbringer on the left, not sure why he would have his BP out while wielding such a weapon, but that me ^^ 

Really like the pale pallet you have going on too, look forward to seeing more! 

Thanks Sagentus :), I agree, That particular issue has been solved I think. As I was painting that marine, it didn't feel right so I have switched out that arm with the original of the model and put the launcher on a guy also chucking a grenade. I will hopefully get pictures of them up today.

Love the various kitbashes, and the latest two paintjobs are, once again, rather lovely: The replacement head on the Plague Marine works really, really well. And the face on the Plaguecaster turned champion has been dremeled out, right? Also a very effective solution! :smile.:

EDIT: One teeny tiny gripe, though: Is there any reason why you didn't paint the stitches where the Champion's hood meets his "stole"?

Thanks KS :), I had cut it out but didn't need to use the dremel. One of the files I have has a curved side that is the perfect fit of the collar on the MKIII armour so I just filed it down. regarding the teeny, tiny gripe :D, I didn't notice them, this has also now been resolved.

I am now ten plague marines finished, One unit of seven with Plasma/Blight Launcher and the second unit is still underway. Pictures to follow!

Nemac

Ok, I have got the latest pictures uploaded:

gallery_74887_13423_510790.png

And the pistol guy:

gallery_74887_13423_438400.png

I am continuing with the Plague Marines for now. I want to get the first two units finished this week as I have a week off work the following week which I want to dedicate to converting and painting a new Foetid Bloat-drone.

C&C always welcome!

Nemac

Thanks Bio, It's quite nice to do something a little quicker then my Night Lords :D.

As I mentioned earlier, here is where I am currently at with my new Foetid Bloat-drone:

gallery_74887_13423_423814.png

I've still got quite a way to go with this but I think with a few hours of slogging away at it, I'll have it done come tomorrow. I have to choose positions for the legs and the wings while trying to spread them out across the body because I really wanted it to resemble a fly, ya know, like Nurgle has lots of. The benefit to this is I also have a couple of those propellers spare for anything I want to do later on.

Let me know what you think, C&C is always welcome :)

Nemac

Oh, now that is clever! Will this be a Blight Drone or maybe even a Heldrake surrogate? In any case, I suggest some nasty metallic green for the carapace ;)

The latest Plague Marines are looking absolutely excellent as well (although I have to admit the bare head on the one guy seems just a teeny tiny bit too pedestrian to me, at least for a Plague Marine).

Archived