Dam that model looks great. Look forward to seeing it finished :-)

Thanks Sagentus :), I have a few more bits to do on him but he should be finished this week, hopefully!

Great work, love the champion and Memph looks well worth the effort

Thanks Aramis :), I am pleased with the Champion but am excited to paint Mephiston.

Brilliant work dude!

Thanks Buddy! He soon should be ready to purge the Unforgiven :wink:

Great work!!!  I can't wait to see it finished!!

Thanks Vulkan :), hopefully not too long!

He looks great buddy. Saw him over on Insta. :thumbsup: What have you got planned or the cape?

Thanks Bio :), I have used the cloak from Ahriman on him as well, though I had to cut the top off it and GS in the gaps. The issue now is getting the backpack to fit at the right angle. I should have another picture up today :tu:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Nemac

Thanks guys :), Bio the parts are as follows:

Head:

Betrayal at Calth head

Plasticard

Two jawless human skulls from Skulls box

Torso:

BA upgrade sprue chest plate

skulls from bottom of BA tactical squad accessory scrolls

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/blood_angels_tactical_squad_scrolls_large.JPG

Legs and Cloak:

Ahriman

Accessories cut from random BA pouches

Shoulders and Arms:

Khorne Berzerker skull pad

BA pad

Plasma pistol arm from assault squad

Assault squad arm

Sword:

Chaos warriors champion sword (blade only)

Deathwatch power sword hand

Blood drop from above image

Power fist cable feed

Pommel from BA dagger accessory

And lots of Greenstuff. Hope that helps mate :D

Nemac

How about you build the HG first, then see what you have left over.  If you have to buy another box of SG (which are a badass unit) then you can then make some additional ones with different wargear options, or just have a larger squad. After all, with the new dex just round the corner they may even turn out even better than they currently are!

Thanks for the comments folks! I have some spare SG parts already and I won't be using the winged backpacks (I'll save those for my Night Lords :)). I think at some point soon I will make Dante as I have an idea in my head of how to do him and so maybe I will make some Sanguinary Guard and Honour Guard. I have enough parts for two chaps to follow Mephiston around. Speaking of which...

Mephiston, Lord of Death:

gallery_74887_13813_24460.png

And the back:

gallery_74887_13813_386328.png

I will try and get a comparison picture so you can all see the size. This guy would look out of place with the Primaris Marines following him around, he is HUGE!

As always, let me know what you all think.

Nemac

Sweet baby Khorne! That is glorious! This Mephiston clearly didn't just sit in the Tower of the Lost and grow his hair to allow Prince Charming Guilliman to scale the tower when the Nids attacked!

The conversion work was fantastic, but I'm especially impressed with the eyes! Sometimes OSL-effects can be OTT, but this is perfect!

Out of curiosity, why did you paint the force sword like you did? I've gotten pretty used to seeing either crackling or fading effects on them.

Archived