Sweet baby Khorne! That is glorious! This Mephiston clearly didn't just sit in the Tower of the Lost and grow his hair to allow Prince Charming Guilliman to scale the tower when the Nids attacked!

The conversion work was fantastic, but I'm especially impressed with the eyes! Sometimes OSL-effects can be OTT, but this is perfect!

Out of curiosity, why did you paint the force sword like you did? I've gotten pretty used to seeing either crackling or fading effects on them.

Thanks Chaz, The OSL is just Nilakh Oxide thinned down with a white centre :). As for the sword, the reason I haven't painted an effect on it is because I am unsure what sort of effect I want to go for - It will likely be lightning though.

Very clean and "no frills" coversion. And, as per usual, your painting is great. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dosjetka :)

Dam mephiston looks great painted, clean lines and charachterful. Defo an massive improvement on the original gw model!

Thanks Sagentus, I was informed on Instagram that the GW Mephiston is actually 25 years old now? 

Lovely work on the conversion and the paintjob.

Thanks ShVagYeR :)

I knew he would look awesome with paint :thumbsup:

But really, that is a seriously cool conversion!

Thanks robofish, glad it didn't disappoint! :)

Excellent work.

Thanks Bjorn :)

Really nice work, but I think it needs something to break up the mass of Black from the back view. Maybe just a red trim to the cloak? Just a line around the edge?

Thanks Ferrus, I agree and will be rectifying that. I will add a picture tomorrow :)

Thanks again everyone for the comments, I was going to work on the Honour Guard for Mephiston but this character creating/updating has me a little hooked so I will finish my Terminators while I horde all the parts for Dante.

Nemac

Sweet baby Khorne! That is glorious! This Mephiston clearly didn't just sit in the Tower of the Lost and grow his hair to allow Prince Charming Guilliman to scale the tower when the Nids attacked!

The conversion work was fantastic, but I'm especially impressed with the eyes! Sometimes OSL-effects can be OTT, but this is perfect!

Out of curiosity, why did you paint the force sword like you did? I've gotten pretty used to seeing either crackling or fading effects on them.

Thanks Chaz, The OSL is just Nilakh Oxide thinned down with a white centre :smile.:. As for the sword, the reason I haven't painted an effect on it is because I am unsure what sort of effect I want to go for - It will likely be lightning though.

I am EXTREMELY partial to lightning effects as opposed to the shimmering thing! Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Beautiful paint job, love the head and chest plate in particular. Would love to see more one off character models from you even if you don't pursue a full army of them given how awesome you make them look.

Thanks Vairocanum :), I will be doing Dante soon but I wouldn't mind giving a few other characters a go. I also have my brother's Guilliman sat here waiting to be painted but I won't be doing any conversion work on him, just a standard paint job. I'll have to see what takes my fancy :D.

I am EXTREMELY partial to lightning effects as opposed to the shimmering thing! Nudge nudge, wink wink.

It's already done Chaz :wink:. I will have to get pictures up soon. I also did the line across the bottom of the cloak, well two lines, a gold one and a red one. I should be able to snap a few more pictures tomorrow morning but it's a bit dark here now so I won't be able to get them tonight.

Nemac

Ok, so hopefully this will be the last update regarding Mephiston (:)) but I have finished adding the suggested details:

gallery_74887_13813_276864.png

gallery_74887_13813_227297.png

Happy with how they turned out so thanks Ferrus and Chaz for suggesting those :tu:. I am working my way through my Terminator squad and have built the five Sanguinary Guard so I should have another update soon.

Thanks for looking and as always, let me know what you think!

Nemac

Thanks guys :), the red is very simple:

1. Spray Mephiston Red

2. Spray Army Painter Pure Red from above

3. Recess wash with Nuln Oil

4. Highlight Evil Sunz Scarlet

5. Highlight Wild Rider Red

6. Highlight Fire Dragon Bright (I still need to finish this step)

In case you are interested Bio, the eyes are:

1. Paint white

2. Paint Nihilakh Oxide

3. Paint Nihilakh Oxide mixed with medium (30/70) around surrounding area

4. Repeat step 3 if required

5. paint white in centre

Hope that helps guys :tu:

Nemac

Morning all!

I have a few things to show you today. First up I wanted to add some weathering to my Baal Predator, nothing fancy, just a bit of dirt on the tracks and lower panels. I picked up a couple of Tamiya Weathering Master's which I think are pretty good. As long as you don't rub your fingers across the weathered areas vigorously then it stays on just fine. I will however seal it all at some point:

gallery_74887_13813_287944.png

Secondly I have finished my first Terminator. I did this guy last week but haven't shown him until now. I have another four to go and the Gabriel/Karlean conversion I made for a captain:

gallery_74887_13813_95076.png

Finally, I have also painted the first of my Sanguinary Guard. I decided to go with standard Jump Packs for them because I am not a huge fan of the giant wings sprouting from the back. As an added bonus I now have five of the MKIV Jump Packs that I can use when I eventually get back to my Night Lords. This guy was pretty quick to paint, from start to finish I believe it was around two and a half hours:

gallery_74887_13813_306651.png

The main armour is very quick to do as it's mostly drybrushing and washes to get the gold how I wanted it. I also have another four of these guys including the Ancient and when some more bits arrive I will be showing you what I did with the Dante that I picked up when I was at Warhammer World on Saturday.

As always, your thoughts are very welcome.

Nemac

Archived