Thanks Bio :), I will also reprint the other DP I did in the shiny armour to match this army. I will be doing Blood letters next so just working my way through assembling them. I think I may be joining the ranks of Khorne and working my Night Lords into a Khorne worshipping warband including berzerkers and such. We shall see :tu:

Nemac

As everyone else has said, that daemon prince is excellence incarnate. The model is awesome but that crisp paint job just makes it stand out as something special. I definitely love the metallic armor trim. it just looks so :cuss good!

Brilliant paint job on the Daemon Prince! I've always found it kinda funny how the dp kit only has frontal armor while the backside is all just bare daemonic skin. Can't wait to see whats next for your Night Lords!

Love the sound of that bud, would love to see what you came up with for Zerkers :thumbsup:

I should be able to get the bits ordered soon and I think I will be using the Forgeworld parts for them because they look extra nice :)

As everyone else has said, that daemon prince is excellence incarnate. The model is awesome but that crisp paint job just makes it stand out as something special. I definitely love the metallic armor trim. it just looks so :censored: good!

Thanks hushrong :). The armour took the longest to do but I am also pleased with how it turned out. I will do my Bloodletters with silver blades to try and tie them into it.

Impressive work on the Daemon Prince.

Thanks Bjorn :)

That dp is epic! How did you paint the arrow/markings on the shoulder pads?

Thanks Sagentus :). I painted them white and then a wash of Casandora Yellow followed by a wash of Bloodletter. Very simple really though I am not a fan of it haha

Brilliant paint job on the Daemon Prince! I've always found it kinda funny how the dp kit only has frontal armor while the backside is all just bare daemonic skin. Can't wait to see whats next for your Night Lords!

Thanks Vairo :) On the chest plate I blended the blue to black to red on the back so it looks like the armour is merging with the skin. It is the only way I could think to do it. It is possible they don't give you a second (armoured) back because you would be able to build two princes with one kit.

Thanks for looking folks! More to follow soon. Probably Vertus Praetors and the Leviathan. Still building and cleaning Bloodletters too for ETL.

Nemac

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

I have finished my Leviathan Siege Dreadnought, well, I finished it a week ago but haven't managed to get any pictures until today. I am pretty pleased with how he turned out, although I may go back and add flayed skins over one side of the chest at some point:

med_gallery_74887_13568_483920.jpg

And a pointless shot of the back because there really isn't much going on behind him:

med_gallery_74887_13568_49224.jpg

I think if I don't add flayed skin to the chest panel then I will add it to the pelvis. I think at the moment it is missing something and the flayed skin will probably help to solve that issue. I also have a shot of the current army as it stands. I always love seeing army shots in other peoples threads and I don't often add them to my own - another issue fixed:

gallery_74887_13568_480465.jpg

This image is not including the Orlock cultists because I have only managed to get eight finished in total so I have another twenty-two to add. I think I will be able to vow a Warpsmith and ten Bloodletters to ETL at some point and possibly some additional Night Lords vehicles though we will have to see.

As always let me know what you guys think :)

Nemac

Looking good, though I would agree with the need to add skin, it looks a little blank at the minute.

Thanks Pearson :), I will add the flayed skin. I'm trying a different method using PVA glue, I am not sure if it will work but we will see.

The Blood Angel about-to-die in the Leviathan's claws is a good touch.

Thanks Bjorn :), I could't resist adding a Blood Angel to the fist.

I looked through some of this thread and I really love your BA’s. I like them so much that I’ve saved pics of it all for my instpiration/ideas to steal folder. Great stuff man. Also your NL stuff is pretty cool, even though typically they’re not my most favourite of legions, I think you’ve done a great job on them.

Nice army so far, Nemac. It's looking good!

I'm still I awe of that land raider, but having said that, your DP is am amazing first etl finish this year - nor to mention the leviathan!!

Keep up the good work! :tu: :)

Edit: corrected stupid autocorrect on my phone. It actually spelled 'lesbianism' instead of leviathan... lol!

What a fantastic model! Love how the dreadnought isn't even looking at the blood angel he's crushing.

Seconded. That is such a delightful little touch ;)

The army picture's looking awesome, mate! Still loving that commander -- such a bad ass pose!

What a fantastic model! Love how the dreadnought isn't even looking at the blood angel he's crushing. Love the group shot of your army so far, looking forward to see more additions!

Thanks Vairo :), I still have the five Warp Talons to add yet but I want to start adding tanks really. I am considering three Predators and a couple more Rhinos and then batch painting the hulls with the airbrush for quickness. We will see.

I looked through some of this thread and I really love your BA’s. I like them so much that I’ve saved pics of it all for my instpiration/ideas to steal folder. Great stuff man. Also your NL stuff is pretty cool, even though typically they’re not my most favourite of legions, I think you’ve done a great job on them.

Thanks Captain :), I will be going back to the Blood Angels at some point but I would like to get my Night Lords finished first. 

Nice army so far, Nemac. It's looking good!

I'm still I awe of that land raider, but having said that, your DP is am amazing first etl finish this year - nor to mention the leviathan!!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup::smile.:

Edit: corrected stupid autocorrect on my phone. It actually spelled 'lesbianism' instead of leviathan... lol!

Thanks Augustus :). I forgot to add the Daemon Prince didn't I? Have to admit I chuckled at that autocorrect haha.

What a fantastic model! Love how the dreadnought isn't even looking at the blood angel he's crushing.

Seconded. That is such a delightful little touch :wink:

The army picture's looking awesome, mate! Still loving that commander -- such a bad ass pose!

Thanks KS :). I will have to get another picture of the commander because I changed his jump pack to the classic metal Raptor version. I managed to get them to fit onto my Warp Talons too so they will all have the metal jump packs.

This army is coming together really nicely, and that leviathan is very cool, though I agree some flayed skin would make it pop out more. Good luck with your ETL vow!

Thanks Traitor :). My first attempt at flayed skin using PVA was an epic fail. I have to clean the glue out of the microwave. I will probably go back to the greenstuff method.

Hopefully I should have more to show soon and thanks again for the comments folks. 

Nemac

The overall army look great but this lord and his jump pack is simply perfect !

The leviathan look cool but as you said it lack something to make him pop. The flayed skin will do just that and I think that some nostramian glyph or red hands would do great on him.

Otherwise awesome job with this blood angel, the leviathan already look tired of him and we could easily imagine what does an hulking zombi murderer with his old toys .. ^^

Malchy

The leviathan looks awesome and I think the flayed flesh will look nice! I also wonder if he could do with a terror mark! Make his head stick out a bit from all the matching blue armor around it.

Thanks guys :)

@Malchy - I will be adding the flayed skin but I think if I gave him red hands then the Blood Angel could be lost a little. I like the idea of Nostramen runes though so I’ll look at adding some of those too :tu:

@hushrong - I look at adding the terror mask and Biohazard kindly offered me one of the Forgeworld Black Legion heads but unfortunately removing the head proved to be an issue as I got hold of this guy on eBay and he had been pretty solidly assembled. I may go back and try and paint one in but I’ll see how the flayed skin works first :).

Thanks again for all the comments folks!

Nemac

I forgot this one was a pick up you had gotten earlier.  It would be tough to wedge that head out without damaging anything around it, even more so it was pinned. I got super lucky with my contemptor and deredeo I got secondhand when it came to wrangling the head free but it had been on nails the entire time.

Flayed skin also just sounds perfect so I am looking forward to seeing that added. And thinking about a terror mark, you'd only be able to see the top of his head since the lower portion is protected. So looking back I do not know if that's a good idea to begin with.

I forgot this one was a pick up you had gotten earlier.  It would be tough to wedge that head out without damaging anything around it, even more so it was pinned. I got super lucky with my contemptor and deredeo I got secondhand when it came to wrangling the head free but it had been on nails the entire time.

Flayed skin also just sounds perfect so I am looking forward to seeing that added. And thinking about a terror mark, you'd only be able to see the top of his head since the lower portion is protected. So looking back I do not know if that's a good idea to begin with.

Aye I think it would be too difficult to try and remove and don't think there is much space to paint teeth under the eyes for the terror mark. Flayed skin will be happening though :)

That Levvy looks great. 

Thanks NHL :)

Archived