Thanks guys :), on the torsos I filled socket that the normal arms fit into with green stuff and smoothed them. That way the arms fit in the same way as they would on a normal marine torso. I had used a couple of sets of Raptor legs on the two that had knee joints but they didn’t look right so when I removed them, I had to add the knees to make sure they looked right. Using the knees that come with the bloodreavers is by far the better way of doing it.

Hope that helps and thanks for the comments!

Nemac

• 2 weeks later...

Badass  thread mate lovely work!  MOARRRRRR

Thanks Betrayer :), I will have some more stuff to show very soon.

Those Berzerkers are simply brilliant mate, well done :thumbsup:

Loving the colour scheme too!

Thanks Midnight :), I have a few more Berzerkers to finish off and a Jugger Lord so I'll do my best to get them finished.

I've mostly been painting Custodians but I have also been painting my own Blood Angels so I'll have a few of them to show soon.

Thanks again!

Nemac

• 2 weeks later...

You recent stuff looks good but... I'm still waiting for you to paint some Loyalist stuff. :whistling:

Thanks Dosjetka :smile.:, funny you should mention that...

Blood Angels Primaris Captain:

med_gallery_74887_13813_295665.jpg med_gallery_74887_13813_44021.jpg

Blood Angels Lieutenant:

med_gallery_74887_13813_15365.jpg med_gallery_74887_13813_279853.jpg

A selection of Custodians (Note: I did not paint the bases, they were sent to me by the client):

med_gallery_74887_13813_176916.jpg med_gallery_74887_13813_86914.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13813_25881.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13813_610647.jpg

That is all I have to show at the moment but I am nearing completion of Trajan Valoris and another five Guardians. I am hoping to have pictures ready for the end of the week :smile.:.

C&C always welcome.

Nemac

All of them are expertly painty, though I would expect no less! I especially like the Captain :thumbsup:

Thanks Midnight :), I also really like him and lucky me, I actually get to keep him haha.

The bases on those Custodes are beautiful. So shiny and clean

I didn't actually paint the bases but I would love to know who did. The amount of work to do that for a whole army is insane and I would probably order a ton.

Nemac

Hi guys,

This morning I have Captain General Trajan Valoris to show you:

med_gallery_74887_13813_292513.png

med_gallery_74887_13813_580413.png

med_gallery_74887_13813_349857.png

I painted Trajan in a different type of gold. It is Vallejo Liquid Gold and I also pin washed with the GW purple ink. The ink doesn't really show well in the pictures but in person it really makes the gold pop. I also tried my second attempt at NMM on the cloak detail which I think came out OK. Both heads are magnetised so it can be swapped out.

I will say that filling the gaps in his cloaks was an absolute ball ache but it's done now and I am happy :).

C&C is always welcome.

Nemac

Hot damn he looks amazing, great work!

Really Like The cloak, and I think it was a very wise decision to magnetise the heads, I personally prefer the helmeted version, Looks amazing!

Thanks Kor Dalron :). I think if you can then magnetising is always a good idea. I am in the process of magnetising a load of the jet bikes too. The helmet is from the Vertus Praetors with the plume from an Allarus Terminator.

Impressive work. How will you decorate Trajan's base?

Thanks Bjorn :). I posted him and the previous custodes to France this morning so I won't be doing anything with the base. I imagine it will be done in the marble effect the rest of them ended up with.

The Blood Angels and Custodes are looking gorgeous bud. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bio :). I have so many more yet to do. I doubt I will want to paint gold again after this haha

Nemac

• 2 weeks later...
gallery_74887_15213_39634.png

So, going back a few years I had painted a Heresy Era force of Word Bearers but always wanted to do a similar army set in the 41st millennium. This new army will be something a bit darker than I usually do and as I already have most of the models shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. I will include numerous Chaos Daemons allies having recently bought the Wrath and Rapture set which was perfect for me as it had the two sets of daemons belonging to the gods I actually like. I am not a fan of the Tzeentch or Nurgle Daemons.

With this venture in mind I grabbed Haarken Worldclaimer (I think that's his name) and went to work creating a custom Dark Apostle for my Host which is as yet unnamed. I used parts from Obsidius Mallex and the Finecast Dark Apostle to create mine. He will be the benchmark for the rest of my Word Bearers and will probably end up being the Warlord to boot. Anyway...

med_gallery_74887_15213_571867.jpg med_gallery_74887_15213_67662.jpg

med_gallery_74887_15213_19524.jpg med_gallery_74887_15213_84141.jpg

I am very pleased with how he turned out. I am planning on using the House Cawdor models with a little work to give them autoguns and such to represent my cultists. All those candles seem very fitting. Thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome :smile.:.

Nemac

That is an AGGRESSIVE Dark Apostle. I love it!

Also, I remember seeing your 30k Word Bearers. They were sweet, and gave me some inspiration for my Word Bearers for my Khorne Daemonkin. So I'll be following these new updates VERY closely for ideas.

Will we be seeing, maybe... Gal Vorbak as Possessed?

Also, Cawdor as cultists for Word Bearers is perfect. That's what I'm planning to do with mine as well. As a note: I did a piece count, and two boxes of Cawdor will give you enough parts for 10 pistol+melee and 10 autoguns.

Also, I remember seeing your 30k Word Bearers. They were sweet, and gave me some inspiration for my Word Bearers for my Khorne Daemonkin. So I'll be following these new updates VERY closely for ideas.

Also, Cawdor as cultists for Word Bearers is perfect. That's what I'm planning to do with mine as well. As a note: I did a piece count, and two boxes of Cawdor will give you enough parts for 10 pistol+melee and 10 autoguns.

Thanks Gederas :), I am really considering using the Gal Vorbak for the possessed as they are much better models. Cawdor Cultists are a dead cert though.

That Dark Apostle is an absolute unit boss, dude. If that's the sort of quality you aspire to achieve for the rest of your Word Bearers, you'll create one hell of an army!

Thanks AHorriblePerson :), I will be doing my best to make the rest of the army the same level as this guy. It's going to be a lot of work and I only get to paint my stuff at weekends as during the week I am painting Custodes for a couple of commissions but I plan to finish a new unit each weekend. 

Absolutely cracking, both the pose and paintwork.

Thanks Pearson :), pleased you like it.

Excellent work!

I especially like the Custodians.

Mitsman

Thanks Mitsman :), the custodes will get another showing soon, I have 20 more Guardians, two Contemptors and a Telemon on the table at the moment.

That is a brilliant Dark Apostle, such a quality conversion it looks almost like on of GW’s on clamp packs :thumbsup: Obviously, that is an excellent paint job too!

I look forward to seeing more of these guys.

Thanks Midnight :), the Haarken model is just a bits heaven for converting. I have made a sorcerer with some of the other bits too.

Thanks again guys :tu:

Nemac

Thanks Gederas :smile.:, I am really considering using the Gal Vorbak for the possessed as they are much better models. Cawdor Cultists are a dead cert though.

Agreed, I actually have some Gal Vorbak in my cart for when I do a FW order. I hope they if they do an update for Chaos, the Possessed get one to be close to the Gal Vorbak. And I'm in agreement, Cawdor as Cultists for Word Bearers = Perfect

Also, how'd you do the Dark Apostle's colours? Is that just Khorne Red with a recess shade? Because I want to know because I need to make my World Eaters and Word Bearers quite different in colour-schemes, and your Dark Apostle looks AMAZING.

Aye, I'm waiting for payday and i'll have to order three units even though for my list I only need twelve. I want to convert a couple to look like they are in Terminator armour too. I think that will add some variety. The Dark Apostles armour is a mix of Khorne red and Chaos black in a 75/25 mix and highlighted with Khorne red :).

Archived