OK, so I didn't get round to updating this thread yesterday but I have finished Marine number three. I have changed the nozzle on the flamer because I don't really like the heresy style one. Here he is:

IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0899.JPG

And with his buddies :D

IMG_0895.JPG

The problem with this flamer is I didn't want to drill the barrel because I don't have a drill bit that is sufficiently small enough to fit the little bit that sticks out of the end. I will however hide this to a degree by adding some soot to the nozzle.

C&C welcome as always :)

Nemac

Nothing smells more like Terror, than fresh Promethium in the morning!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about that nozzle mate, it's pretty unnoticeable.  If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even looked at it! Nice conversion on the Flamer too.

Thanks dude, I'm working on number four now and then I have to start converting some more marines, well, adding bits and bobs at least. I doubt I will have him done much before Thursday. I have a busy couple of days ahead of me with some decorating so I can't get too preoccupied with my Night Lords :cry:

Nemac

I have finished the fourth member of the Night Lord's warband. I really enjoyed making this guy and am very pleased with him. I removed the skulls on his belt from a spare backpack from the Sevastus Kranon model from Dark Vengeance. The shoulder was made by cutting the face from a Space Wolves head I had laying around and then spreading out the green stuff around it and pulling with a silicon shaper. I think next time I will remove the chin also so it sits flatter against the shoulder guard.

SAM_1221.JPG   SAM_1217.JPG

SAM_1219.JPG   SAM_1220.JPG

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

These are the best Night Lords I have ever seen, superb!

Wow, Thanks very much :D. Great praise indeed. There is a ton of amazing Night Lord's on B&C though which may also interest you. Augustus b'Raass, Brother Heinrich, DarkVen, Kizzdougs and AlanofAngels have all done some amazing models, among others of course but memory fails me at the moment.

Love the shoulder pad...I can even envisage that SW head, still bleeding as you use it for more creative and useful "puuuurposes" :wink:

Thanks dude, It came out better then I expected when I started the chopping (skinning?) process :D

Nemac

Wow..that just flips Nightlords on their head...it's deep and sinister with that flash of "what was that"

And like Bio...yeah Naughty Crimson Fists gave me a giggle

Thanks Andvarr, hopefully I can steer clear of the naughty loyalist look and continue with the sinister :tu:

I have seen the other wonderful Night Lords painted by the people you mentioned, but yours are still the best

Thanks dude, I am very pleased you like them so much :D

I am just about ready to start painting number five but wanted to have the second unit built and mould lines removed before I started on him. I need to get some very small chains for a few ideas I had for the next squad. I have found that Gale Force 9 do some chains but need to find a picture with it being used so I can see if it will work for my purposes or not. I should have an update in the next few days :tu:

Nemac

Thanks Andvarr, hopefully I can steer clear of the naughty loyalist look and continue with the sinister :tu:

Nothing like the occasional red hand to spread a little diveristy between squads or characters. Like shoulders or forearms or kneepads or face paint...with the fist it's like a bloody hand...fresh from the guts of someone

How did you do the torcher? It's more interesting than post style and definitely not the large lampshades of 2nd Ed...

Thanks Andvarr. It is the basic flamer from the BaC set with the 'lampshade' (:teehee:) as you put it cut off and the head of the flamer from the Dark Vengeance cultists attached in it's place.

As a bit of night lord fan myself let me say.... I'm really liking what you've done with the VIII. The trophies are just right and not over the top its really well thought out.

Thanks Cretheus, My goal is to only have small amounts of flayed skin and trophies on each model. The guy with the flayed face is definitely one of the more sadistic Night Lords :D

Thanks for looking guys :)

Nemac

The flayed face is really creative, I've never thought of actually using a face from a space marine head. I'd love to see an hero character for your Night Lords given your awesome work with the Word Bearers Diabolist. Looking forward to the next update.

Evening all,

I have finished the fifth and final Night Lord for the first squad. I say final, I mean until Burning of Prospero is released so I can mix and match armour marks through each unit. I will get some more pictures of him when the light is better at some point.

SAM_1225.JPG  SAM_1230.JPG

And then a couple of shots of the finished squad:

SAM_1231.JPG

SAM_1237.JPG

I got a little bored so had a play about with Pixlr :D

SAM_1242.JPG

I may use that last image as the first image in this thread. May try and get a few more done first where the bases can't be seen.

Second unit is underway. I will get some pictures up when I have finished converting them.

C&C welcome as always :tu:

Nemac

The flayed face is really creative, I've never thought of actually using a face from a space marine head. I'd love to see an hero character for your Night Lords given your awesome work with the Word Bearers Diabolist. Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks very much Vaircanum. I am not sure what I ill be doing with my characters yet but as soon as I do I will post my idea's in here :D

Nemac

Thanks very much Vaircanum. I am not sure what I ill be doing with my characters yet but as soon as I do I will post my idea's in here :D

Nemac

Seconded the flayed face. Was it a fiddly bit of work, or did the face come off compliantly?

*snip*

Seconded the flayed face. Was it a fiddly bit of work, or did the face come off compliantly?

Thanks mate. The face was very fiddly, I had to use clippers to make a score mark where I wanted to cut to stop the knife jumping off and amputating a finger. I learned this the hard way mind and got a nice booboo for my trouble :cry:

These are just getting better and better mate. The squad looks fantastic. I'd also like to see you tackle a character at some point. :thumbsup:

I will have to do a character after my next unit then eh? Thanks for the kind words Bio :D

Sir, you did an excellent job. Ave dominus nox!

I await more :smile.:

Thanks TRIBUN, more is coming I promise. Ave Dominus Nox brother!

I am currently working on my Sergeant for the second unit. This unit will have some Nostramen Chain Glaives running through it providing I can find enough Grey Knight and Chaos Raptor parts to make three of them. WIP pictures to follow tomorrow :)

Nemac

Archived