I am the Arch Fiend, aka Biohazard’s Undivided Chaos log

Biohazard

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys,

Augustuss, I had a couple guys at my club donate another two of those helmets. I have bits on the way to make a new Lord though. This time with a jump pack. I've ordered the Blood Angel chaplain to use, I'm thinking the exposed flesh look of the armour will fit quite well in a Slaanesh force.

I don't have an update as such but I have a couple of pics that I'd forgotten to share earlier, I will be working on this force again soon due to the release of Traitor Legions.

First pic is a mock up of a possible steed of Slaanesh, I've since added the rear legs from a Juggernaut as like I say I really like the idea of a Steed in the same vein as the Pinky demon from Doom 3.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/CA136D8D-F729-42B6-B14F-88BF54121D5B.jpg

This pic was taken in the very very early 'throw things together' stage. I'll hopefully post some up to date pics soon. The rider will be built slightly differently as well.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/AF70A96E-8241-4517-AD9D-7ADEACC2C7FA.jpg

Second pic is a rough mock up of a Lucius build. Again this pic was taken in the very early stages.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/080ADE28-BF44-4045-917F-5B90BB32894D.jpg

As I say this isn't much of an update it's more to remind me to update this log soon and show a couple of pics and get some thoughts on the direction of the steed etc.

As always let me know what you think :tu:

Loving every morsel of this. I must start with a request because I need to know what bits went into the champs doom siren? It looks great and I would love to copy it.

Also dig the noise dread. Every bit on him so far looks great. I wish I could use them in my current army. Just like the dread the daemon engines look fantastic and you've got it in my head that I need a subjugator in my life instead of a knight titan.

The terminator is an awesome build and that grill helmet looks so fitting. Lastly, Lucius, I hate him in on the table but the one you built is great. Looking forward to more!

Cheers guys,

Nemac, I agree totally, the normal steeds of Slaanesh look far too weedy to carry a fully armed and armoured Marine into battle. This guy is a lot more brute like than sleek but I think it at least looks like it can take the weight now. Plus Doom is one of my favourite games and the Pinky was always one of my favourite enemies, that, the Revenant and the Mancubi (wait till I start my Death Guard log for some of those ;) I've also got a Lord on Palanquin idea cooking in my head right now too)

Augustus, thanks buddy and yeah, he's never gonna pass for the sleek part of the description but I think I'll carry on. I will be altering the armour at the front a little more so that might help but yeah, he's definitely a LOT bulkier than a standard steed but see my reply to Neman for some of my reasoning. :tu:

Hushrong, that's high praise indeed, thanks for checking this log out. As for your parts list his doom siren is based on a standard CSM backpack with the vents cut off. I added the exhausts from the Blood Throne kit. I.e. These things

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/98DC4BE8-3588-41F6-9362-6A7B99183843.jpg

The speaker on top is one of the Dirge casters from the spiky bit sprue, I just flipped it upside down and cut it in half. The other half was used on the Blastmaster backpack a couple pages back ;) Then I've just added cables and gubbins from my bits box.

Loving the steed- it's rare we get more "brutal" Slaaneshi Daemons, and that looks far more proportionate to the rider than the sleek and dainty stock steeds. It looks very Slaaneshi as well, the helmet gives it that creepy sensory deprivation look. Also, any reference to Doom is a good thing in my book. :tu

I just went through this thread again and MAN did I miss some awesome conversions the last time I did. That defiler totally rocks, dude! It's actually the first defiler I've ever seen that looks good at all - it's such a bad design from GW -  but yours immediately looks great! If I'm ever going for one, I'll copy yours. :ohmy.: :tongue.:

Love what you've done with the Gorebeast, buddy, especially the subtle head conversion! I think the creature works just fine as a Slaaneshi steed, especially given the somewhat BDSM looking face mask and the scars on its back ;)

Not quite feeling the rider yet, to be honest, although I'll allow for the fact that he's probably not even half-finished. My general feeling is that a character riding a beast like that should be suitably showy and depraved, and the model right now is "just some guy", if you know what I mean.

Lucius, on the other hand, is already looking brilliant! Is that a ghoul king head? Nuts! If I can make one suggestion, however, it would be to get rid of his ears, as I think horrible, cartilaginous holes where the ears used to be seem more fitting for Lucius' particular kind of self-mutilation. Plus it would also nicely fit the somewhat reptilian vibe of the classic Lucius artwork. Will you be adding the scars as well?

Thanks for the comments folks, I'm glad the Steed has been received well. :tu:

Augustus's I can't take full credit for the Defiler, like I say I've had that pic saved for years but never got around to making my own version. I've added a little more to it since that pic was taken though. Again I'll get more pics when I finally get back to my hobby desk. :)

Kraut, glad you like the steed so far. Like I say I've since added the rear quarters from a Jugger for the full biomechanical look. It's added a bit more length to the model as well which I think it needed. I've also had an idea to experiment with one of the spare Bloodthirster heads I have for the steeds mouth. Not sure how it will look yet.

Also that rider was just some bits I had lying around. The actual rider will be a much more involved build. I'm thinking he'll have doom siren similar to the NM Champ, I know Lords can't have them game wise but it would only be for theme.

As for Lucius, I was actually planning on removing the ears as well. I'll probably look at adding the scars to the face at the paint stage rather than hacking at the plastic head.

Hmm yeah, I'll have a play around when I'm building him proper I think. Not too keen on liquid gs but I could play around and see what I can do. :tu:

This is a tiny update. Grabbed an hour while my daughter was napping today and threw some more Blu tac and bits at the Steed. Now of these parts are final like I say I was just kinda spitballing ideas.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/21C40ADB-1989-44FB-847A-9DB591D636FB.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/93F4223A-0184-42C4-A96C-6550BD973B8D.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/505398E4-8C12-45A6-B33B-0C96AD728772.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/7CDF0DA0-2210-4B3B-A15F-459BAD817CE4.jpg

And now a little explanation of sorts.

I'll be carving or covering the original gorebeasts facial details and I'll be removing his ears as well. I took one of my spare Bloodthirster heads and built the face/jaws minus the horns and top of the head etc, I like these jaws better than the carnifex jaw I'd used before, I will add a tongue or two as well later. I'll also be re adding the spine along the neck and showing that bursting through the flesh, or perhaps the necks been flayed to show the spine again that's for when the green stuff is being used. You can see here the horrendous gaps Im left with, I'll hopefully get a chance tonight to break out the milliput and start filling these holes and covering detail I'm planning to remove. Hopefully then it'll become more apparent what I'm trying to do. ;)

I added a part from the Blood Throne of Khorne and I like the saddle/throne look it gives, it'll need a lot more work to hide its origins though. I'm thinking of adding a taller back banner on here similar in style to the old WHFB Slaanesh Lord, not sure yet but I'll have a play around. Or maybe something like this

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/1917EB47-6443-49A2-AF43-BE7727B1AECB.jpg

I also glued a lower jaw to the Defiler as well.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/ECC3F9F6-CFEF-484B-A328-C1BC9F06D760.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/D8F3A0E7-51C7-4E56-A671-E4C1A8466F25.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/6AC0998F-25A2-44EE-80F9-B7221D6E3012.jpg

Again there are gaps to be filled and I'll be trying my hand at adding flayed flesh to some of the armour panels on this guy as well. Will need to practice quite a bit as I don't really use GS for much more than gap filling.

Wow, that looks pretty ambitious. Still, it looks like it's going to turn out wonderfully! I'd actually be tempted to leave a bit of the original Gorebeast face visible, as if the creature had a vestigial second face growing out of its neck.

Regarding DOOM and its potential for conversion opportunities, I've been struck with a few ideas, so please excuse me whilst I gush...

The heads of the Hell Knights (specifically their 2016 incarnations, with the exposed skulls and what look like eyes all over their craniums) would make for an awesome design for a Noise Marine helmet.

The Cacodemon/"Totally not a Beholder guys!" could be a good basis for a "sonic artillery" Daemon thing. For rules, it could be proxied as either an Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch or a Blight Drone, representing it floating about and screaming at people until they burst apart.

For your Khorne forces, the 2016 Imps could make for a good design for Khornate Horror proxies (and would be very easy to covert from Bloodletters too). Fluffwise, perhaps call them "Spites of Khorne" representing shamed Bloodletters who are reduced to weak, fire-chucking creatures as punishment for failure, cowardice or (if you wanted to go old-school "Not entirely evil" Khorne) for slaying unarmed men/other dishonourable conduct.

The Cyberdemon would make for an awesome design for a Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince. Perhaps a Bloodthirster (either straight-up Khorne or a Slaaneshi "counts as"?). If you went the Slaaneshi route, you could go with the theme of excess in its most base, ugly forms, expressed through violence and cruelty. The arm cannon could represent either the "standard" 'Thirster's whip or the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's hammer or fire breath. Perhaps call it a "Lord of Scorn". Fluff wise they would be the most despised of Slaanesh's Daemons amongst his court (representing the incompatibility with the MoK) but also the most feared. As a base model, perhaps the Ghorgon/Cygor?

And finally, perhaps give a model a banner themed after the Icon of Sin.

Alright, I'll shut up now. :laugh.:

Wow, there are some awesome conversions in this thread!!! The deflier kit bash is simply stunning, but I have to say that I like A LOT that jugger lord! The sonic dread is also amazing, may I ask from what bits is the sonic blaster made apart from a dirge caster?

Muhuhaha! I know your secrets! *runs off to buy bits!

P.S. I have been debating if I should buy the previous doom siren off eBay but it doesn't fit the current look of my army. However your version will look sublime. Must also say I love seeing that pic of the dread and friends. Those are seriously great pieces of art. I'm also warming up to the steed lord.

Oh Slaanesh yeah!

Everything's looking great, buddy, and the rider's much better now! What's that head, though? I cannot quite make it out? One of the Varanguard heads, perhaps?

Oh, and I just love that Sonic Dread -- he's just getting better and better every time you show him to us -- that skeleton mounted on top of his Sarcophagus is a brilliant little touch.

By the way, I think I might have that seeker standard - or one very much like it - along with some Daemonette odds and ends. If you want those parts, they are yours! Would love to set up another bitz trade with you one of these days!

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks for the replies folks.

Squigsquasher, some awesome ideas as always, I do actually have plans for a Keeper of Secrets based on the Ghorgon kit, I have one from when I was planning to build a larger Bloodthirster right before the latest one was released. I may look at adding the same style of head as the Doom 3 Hell Knights. I just love the eyeless look they had back then. The Cacodemon is always thought would look cool in a Word Bearers army as the Dirge caster things from the books. I can't remember their names right now. I'll keep those other ideas in mind though. Thanks :tu:

The Traitor, thanks bud, the Sonic Blaster was just a Ven Dread assault cannon that I squared off with clippers then added some bits from a Necron Tomb blade I think, the part the Dirge caster sits on is a Typhoon missile launcher that I carved the missiles out. After that I've added some cables and chains. It still needs tidying up a bit. I'll probably run it as a Plasma cannon if I don't use the Sonic Dread rules.

Hushrong, no secrets here buddy, looking forward to what you come up with :tu:

Keirdale, thanks :)

Kraut, That is indeed a Varanguard head, not 100% sure if I'll keep it or if I'll cobble together something a little more special for him. That would be cool about the banner. I have some Daemonette bits here but I'm sure I only have the basic kit and possibly a chariot. I'll have to dig those boxes out to see if there's anything I can use on the Steed as well. :tu:

I'd really like to see your take on a KoS based on a Ghorgon. I've been keen to do the same for years, having fond memories of the first KoSs -those hunks of bovine metal- but have been putting it off what with GW at last doing big Greater Daemons. If GW's new one -whenever we get it- doesn't fit the old image then I'll probably still do it

and steal ideas from yours

so get it done first ;)

Wow the steed looks fantastic! For flayed flesh, I like to flatten a piece of GS and just pull off chunks from the sides with tweezers as it gives a nice ripped effect. Adjustments can be done with a sculpting tool and knife for things like stitches in the flesh and faces. Looking forward to seeing more!

Keirdale, Sir, yes sir!

Vairocanum, thanks for the tip buddy, ill keep that in mind. :tu:

Augustus, cheers buddy, I think Kraut was going to sort me out but if he can't I'll give you a shout :)

I have some free time tomorrow so will crack out the GS then, have been thinking of how to change up his throne/saddle a little as well.

Archived