I am the Arch Fiend, aka Biohazard’s Undivided Chaos log

Biohazard

Oh hell yeah that's a beastly Dreadnought! That Blastmaster conversion looks amazing, the faceplate with the speaker grille mouths is an excellent reaction of the old FW NoiseDread's head and using the Daemon Prince exhausts for the power plant was a great touch, over he's a fantastic kitbash Bio. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. Really appreciate it. I've said it before that Dreads and Termis are my favourite 40k units, I know some see them as sub par on the table but I just love the models and fluff behind them.

Sanguiniusreborn, that's the exact look I was

going for with the face, it still needs some gs work but I think it should work ok.

Charlo, good eye for bits. There's also an imperial Dread assault cannon under there for support. I trimmed it to make it more square.

Andvar, the blank plates will be getting some detail added. There will be a couple more speaker/vox grilles added as well as some demonic faces for bling.

Liking that Dread a lot :)

The one thing I would say is, that while your pink and black scheme is cleanly applied, Slaaneshi Marines and Noise marines in particular are almost universally referred to in The Fluff™ as being a riot of wildly varied colours; maybe add some areas of clashing colours, like vivid greens, blues, and greys, to really Chaos them up? 

Really enjoying this you're really selling me on the warptalon kit. I like the scheme a lot. The lord is awesome looking forward to the other versions of him. The dread is typically awesome of you - I agree them and termies are the some of the coolest units.

Faster man faster!

I think the colour scheme works really well so far! Please don't go for clashing colours, because while that aspect frequently appears in the fluff, I have yet to see it done in a way that really works.

While your paintjob certainly goes a ways towards selling that Chaos Lord, the helmet just isn't for me -- sorry buddy ;) Personally speaking, I think I would have gone for a suitably gross and/or disturbing bare head on the lord: Either something heavily scarred and almost reptilian like Lucius' head, or something hideously lemur-like (like the heads you see in several pieces of artwork by Adrian Smith). The champ with the organ on his back is fantastic, though!

And that Dread -- seriously, it's clearly obvious from your Dreadnought conversions that they are among your favourite unit types. That thing is already glorious -- please don't change too much about it, apart from cleaning up some of the conversion work!

Massively inspiring work, buddy -- as usual, really! :)

I think the colour scheme works really well so far! Please don't go for clashing colours, because while that aspect frequently appears in the fluff, I have yet to see it done in a way that really works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Svartmetall/Warhammer/NMF03_zps6b1dae19.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Svartmetall/Warhammer/NMF01_zpsd04b5c8a.jpg

...?

@ Svartmetall: Don't get me wrong, mate: I don't mean I haven's seen it well executed on a technical level (because your example, among others, is well done from a purely technical standpoint). It's just not my thing, and I feel this particular part of the background translates rather poorly into actual model form (where I think it's more important to have a coherent colour scheme that actually ties the models together). But anyway, that's just my two cents on the matter.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Kraut, thanks for the comments. The helmets staying im afraid, well just have to agree to disagree again, just like the raptor Lord. ;) It might please you to know I have the deformed Slaanesh head from the Chariot kit as well and it will be used elsewhere in those force. :tu:

I have another two of these helmets on there way to me along with another two aspiring Champ models so I can make his alternate builds. ;)

As for the chat about the clashing colours etc, there will be some spot colours throughout, I'm planning a bright blue for the lightning claws and power weapons probably and I'd like to achieve a similar green to this for parts of the Noise weapons.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/8F217400-D6D0-4126-ACBC-154564D2F8F7.png

Also individual squads will have identifiers so may use something along the lens of different colour plumes on their helms or tassels on weapons etc.

Svartmetall, as much as I can appreciate the effort that's gone into that model it's a bit too much for my idea of the EC. I'll be keeping it a bit more simple. :)

No worries, just thought I'd throw it in there as a suggestion; my ASD means I tend to take things very literally when it comes to fluff descriptions and how they influence the look of models (for example, Plaguebearers with two eyes make me cringe). The hobby would be really dull if we all thought the same way :)

Kraut, thanks for the comments. The helmets staying im afraid, well just have to agree to disagree again, just like the raptor Lord. :wink: It might please you to know I have the deformed Slaanesh head from the Chariot kit as well and it will be used elsewhere in those force. :thumbsup:

I have another two of these helmets on there way to me along with another two aspiring Champ models so I can make his alternate builds. :wink:

Oh, that's quite alright, buddy: Your army, your call ;)

Incidentally, the best bareheaded Slaneeshi heads I have ever seen didn't actually come from a GW kit (although the horned heads from the Hellstrider kit are really, really good), but where converted using GS on a particularly brilliant EC thread I saw online (on Warseer, I believe?!). The guy gave his most disturbing models an ever so slightly elongated head and those beady, glossy black eyes you see in the Adrian Smith illustrations, along with rebreather maks.

Anyway, like I said, excellent stuff! Make sure to post more of that Dread ASAP! ;)

FWIW, the WHFB Chaos Chosen helmets are excellent for Terminators; I got some metal ones from my FLGS on discount and they really give some extra character. The eyeless one with the Chaos Star on the front gives a great "sensory deprivation" look, whilst the one with the hole-filled visor looks a lot like a speaker. The horns are a little bit big for regular power armoured Marines though.

Vilitch the Curseling would be a great source of parts, with the many-eyed helmet and the eyeless, needle-fanged parasitic twin.

The old Noise Marine upgrade kit (now in resin) is actually a must-buy IMO. Aside from the sonic weapons you get a flayed skin jacketed torso, three awesome heads, a Doom Siren backpack and a cool looking power sword. Be warned that it's definitely one of the less well-preserved of the molds though, as the parts I got had quite a few (teeny tiny admittedly) bubbles, and a LOT of sprue gates, though there was no wonkiness, warping or mold slips.

If you can find them, the ancient 2nd edition Noise Marine parts (I think it was 2nd ed...) are great looking. The sonic weapons look cool, the backpacks are ace and if you want to give a champion a power fist, there's a honking big crab claw available.

Dark Eldar parts are good for conversions. I can't believe I haven't bought any yet.

Squigsquasher, good shout on the Chosen I'll keep an eye out for some of those heads. I actually have two packs of the EC upgrade kit in metal that I bought yeeeeeaaars ago. I'll be making use of some of those parts on my bikers most likely.

For now, I know a few of you guys liked my Dread so far but as I mentioned earlier I had a Forgefiend to build for the campaign, I was initially going to use the one I built for my Khorne army a couple years back, this guy

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/null_zpscb6087a3.jpg

But unfortunately during the house move he got smashed up pretty badly (as did my Blood Stalker Defiler but the Fiend definitely came off worse. :()

So I seeing as I rarely used the Fiend in my Khorne army I thought I may as well repurpose some bits and rebuild it for my Slaanesh force. This still needs quite a bit of tidy up and gs but I'm really happy with how it's coming along.

So here is my Slaaneshi ForgeFiend.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/FE19EF30-21F2-4BB4-B512-957CB851BD2E.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/604C87E8-414D-4005-9C71-2D7458F599D3.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Slaanesh/3F07B666-B4C4-4F54-B533-9D32A14C2F73.jpg

As said it still needs some work but it's almost 4am and I really need to get some sleep. :)

A pity it got smashed up but I prefer the look now. It reminds me of the old space crusade dreadnoughts.

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/308561_md-Chaos-Space-Marines-Dreadnought-Out-Of-Production-Rogue-Trader-Space-Crusade1.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks, the old Space Crusade dread, was the exact look I was going for, so I'm happy that it reminds you of that Thousand Eyes,

Mechanist, thanks buddy, like o say my Blood Stalker needs a rebuild as well. But it's not as badly damaged as the Fiend was.

Red Skullz, thanks buddy, again the Subjugator was another influence on this, as well as ED-209 and also really appreciate the follow on Insta :tu:

Yeah like I say. The old Subjugator was another reference for this. I really liked the old Slaanesh titans, I'd love to see someone build a 40k scale Subjugator, especially now we actually have Knights in 40k.

Aandvar the tendrils were pretty busted up, should be an easy enough fox but I really didn't want to use them on this. I had them on the old one so I could run it as either a Mauler or Forge but I have some Blood Slaughterers now that I Proxy as Maulers if I ever use them.

Archived