IL XVII - The Warriors of Peace

~Drakzilla~

I've been thinking a little and had an idea regarding the confusion concerning the name of the WoP's Homeworld, given that we have them emigrating to a new Homeworld why not keep Han as the original and make Jin the name of the new world they move to during the exodus?

I've been thinking a little and had an idea regarding the confusion concerning the name of the WoP's Homeworld, given that we have them emigrating to a new Homeworld why not keep Han as the original and make Jin the name of the new world they move to during the exodus?

I like this idea. Consider it done. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, I'm gonna paint up a Mk. 7 assault squad as these guys, any helpful hints?

Use plenty of black. There's actually color-code system for different kinds of Legionaries. Here:

"Assault Units and Fast Vehicles: Jade green cloth, trim, stripes, patterns, or symbols. Also often used to denote skill with the blade, and features prominently on the armour of Admiral Guan’s 1st company: “The Jade Champions.”

Additionally, try to use Chinese numerals for unit designation over Roman. 

Looking forward to what you come up with!

Soooo, I'm gonna paint up a Mk. 7 assault squad as these guys, any helpful hints?

Use plenty of black. There's actually color-code system for different kinds of Legionaries. Here:

"Assault Units and Fast Vehicles: Jade green cloth, trim, stripes, patterns, or symbols. Also often used to denote skill with the blade, and features prominently on the armour of Admiral Guan’s 1st company: “The Jade Champions.”

Additionally, try to use Chinese numerals for unit designation over Roman. 

Looking forward to what you come up with!

yeah I have a test model done, and it looks quite good, but I'm not ready to show them off. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this is cool or trite, but here's a thing:

With his brothers, the Jade General brooked no easy familiarity. Alexandros remarked that “we try to bring him in, to give him a proper name for a brother. Yet even if he does not overtly resist, our efforts fail. To bestow a moniker on him is to take paint and brush to water.”

Edited by bluntblade

• 10 months later...

Shu fo sho, though Wei can be fun in a villainous way. I like Wu when they're led by Sun Jian. Anyone up for a red, tiger-themed cohort of successors who pledge themselves to the Emperor?

Hell the Frag yeah, that sounds awesome! Maybe they can have a fondness for incendiary weapons as a reference to Wu's notorious love of Fire Attacks? Wait, that gives me an idea now, maybe the love of fire comes from the Warriors of Peace Chapter that formed the successor, they served alongside the Fire Keepers alot and sort of picked up a few tricks from them, possibly even leading to them heartrendingly being assigned to take part in the Warrior's ambush of Xth on the Day of Revelation?

And thus, the Order of the Scarlet Tigers was born...

Blunt, do you remember this?

After thinking about the different units that could fit within the WoP theme. I think that a breacher and destoryer type squads would work within the idea of mass formations of infantry.

Breachers hey? Please, do go on... (bear in mind we already have quite a few "shield legions" EDIT: though come to think of it there aren't any pavise bearing units...

And what aspect of destroyers interests you ? The gunman aspect or the chem/rad weapons ? There is already a "gun-kata" in the works for the WoP iirc

After thinking about the different units that could fit within the WoP theme. I think that a breacher and destoryer type squads would work within the idea of mass formations of infantry.

Breachers hey? Please, do go on... (bear in mind we already have quite a few "shield legions" EDIT: though come to think of it there aren't any pavise bearing units...

And what aspect of destroyers interests you ? The gunman aspect or the chem/rad weapons ? There is already a "gun-kata" in the works for the WoP iirc

I was thinking about the chem/rad weapons and using them as the first wave of an WoP attack. I was also thinking of combing breacher squads with destroyer squads of having that before mention first wave of a mass attack. 

Shu fo sho, though Wei can be fun in a villainous way. I like Wu when they're led by Sun Jian. Anyone up for a red, tiger-themed cohort of successors who pledge themselves to the Emperor?

Hell the Frag yeah, that sounds awesome! Maybe they can have a fondness for incendiary weapons as a reference to Wu's notorious love of Fire Attacks? Wait, that gives me an idea now, maybe the love of fire comes from the Warriors of Peace Chapter that formed the successor, they served alongside the Fire Keepers alot and sort of picked up a few tricks from them, possibly even leading to them heartrendingly being assigned to take part in the Warrior's ambush of Xth on the Day of Revelation?

And thus, the Order of the Scarlet Tigers was born...

Blunt, do you remember this?

Yes, and am very keen to run with it if I get permission.

But doesn't this mean you already have permission? 

The Legion is standing at 103k. After furiously trying to find some information, it appears the ancient Chinese armies were organized into regional armies (jun) and then sub-divided regiments (bu). Both 'army' and 'regiment' are reserved for the Imperial Army, but we might be able to get away with just using the Chinese words themselves. If that gets too confusing, we could 'mistranslate' it into something that doesn't involve the Guard/Army. Like, say 'Jun' means 'Grand Battalion'. We could also keep the directional indications, e.g. "The Battalion of the North". 

Reading through Wikipedia, (because it's the only website I seem to be able to access at work) there's also a rank for a 'Platoon Chief', but that runs into the same problem as 'regiment'. I'm beginning to wonder if the WoP would have isolated themselves just through their insistence at maintaining their, distinctly-non-Roman cultural traditions. Kinda like what happens to the canon White Scars.

Off-hand, I like using 'Grand' since that seems more majestic/pompous as befitting a Chinese army. 

I've pinged Drak, and hopefully we'll get some resolution there.

Until then, I'll suggest this as a potential system:

Squad/Dui (10 marines/dàxiá) [Translation note: the word I picked can also mean 'noble hero', 'swordsman', 'hero', if I can trust the Internet. Given how much more high-minded the WoP is, this is a good way how they internally raise the standard for their warriors.]

Company/gōngsī [100 marines]

Battalion/Yíng [500]

Grand Battalion/Dà yíng [1,000]

Grand Army/Dàjūn [10,000]

As a word of warning, this is Google translate, and I would be more than happy if someone double-checked this. Also, since the Warriors are only breaking the 100k mark right before the Insurrection, I'm not sure if they need an additional level, but I made one just in case. And, this is really just the standard organization with Grand Battalion replacing Chapter, and the addition of the Grand Army level. 

Man, I wish I knew Mandarin.

I've pinged Drak, and hopefully we'll get some resolution there.

Until then, I'll suggest this as a potential system:

Squad/Dui (10 marines/dàxiá) [Translation note: the word I picked can also mean 'noble hero', 'swordsman', 'hero', if I can trust the Internet. Given how much more high-minded the WoP is, this is a good way how they internally raise the standard for their warriors.]

Company/gōngsī [100 marines]

Battalion/Yíng [500]

Grand Battalion/Dà yíng [1,000]

Grand Army/Dàjūn [10,000]

As a word of warning, this is Google translate, and I would be more than happy if someone double-checked this. Also, since the Warriors are only breaking the 100k mark right before the Insurrection, I'm not sure if they need an additional level, but I made one just in case. And, this is really just the standard organization with Grand Battalion replacing Chapter, and the addition of the Grand Army level. 

Man, I wish I knew Mandarin.

I think this would work.

EDIT: I think we can make the case that due to culture and location, the WoP would be different from the other legions.

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster