IL XVII - The Warriors of Peace

~Drakzilla~

Gonna put 8,000 WoP in the line at Thelum - does that sound reasonable, and if so, how many Grand Battalions should that be? Thinking 3 or 4.

Given that size, you could make it just a single Grand Army. Otherwise, that would be around 8 Grand Battalions, 5 at the least. Whether or not that's reasonable depends on the objective. What's going on at Thelum?

Gonna put 8,000 WoP in the line at Thelum - does that sound reasonable, and if so, how many Grand Battalions should that be? Thinking 3 or 4.

Given that size, you could make it just a single Grand Army. Otherwise, that would be around 8 Grand Battalions, 5 at the least. Whether or not that's reasonable depends on the objective. What's going on at Thelum?

Agreed. 

Void Eagles domain, single city on a world with lots of crotchety techno-barbarians. Basically Bodt but more defensible and with better environmental policy.

Because it's a repository for lots of tech and gene-tinkering stuff - the Insurrectionists don't know the specifics (it holds the Inductii Protocols) but perceive that it's worth seizing. Also it's an enemy recruitment world and base, and in their way.

Because it's a repository for lots of tech and gene-tinkering stuff - the Insurrectionists don't know the specifics (it holds the Inductii Protocols) but perceive that it's worth seizing. Also it's an enemy recruitment world and base, and in their way.

Sounds like it's worth 8,000 marines.

The Iron Monks are pretty original imo and should be kept. I also like the idea of the Dragonhawks, but we want to make sure they have Warrior of Peace flavour and not stepping on the toes of the WoL

Drakzilla did suggest some dual-fist terminators a couple of pages back? He was thinking about a Tartaros deal I think

I also like the idea of a long range unit, how about some kind of rocket-artillery? Whether vehicle based or infantry remains to be seen - OOOH or a unique rapier battery?!

So, apart from the Iron Monks and Dragonhawks (if I understand correctly you'd be in favour of keeping those) your potential units are:

- double fist Terminators

- rocket-launcher terminators

- chem and shield infantry

The main legion tactics revolve around a large base of line infantry, and you want something elite that takes a hit and packs a punch.

Right off the bat, I've never really seen the WoP making massive use of chem weapons (one could argue that I've never seen the blood angels as using that kind of weapon much, but I digress) - are you proposing them because you could find them thematic, or because they are something that could pack a punch? If the answer isn't the first, I'd recommend leaving that unit to the side, as the WoP already have quite a lot of thematic hooks (pariahs and apothecaries, alongside the line infantry and martial arts Masters), and we have two legions that have big chem themes (Dune Serpents and Berserkers of Uran)

Rocket terminators could be thematic, but you don't want them to be too close to the Tyrant Siege Terminators or Fulmentari - on the other hand, they don't need to be equipped with cyclone missile launchers. The rocket-racks that Griff and I were brainstorming could perhaps work? They aren't as versatile as cyclone launchers but they should be able to pack a punch against infantry.

If you combine that with the idea of double-fist terminators Drak had, then once they get into assault they'll be pretty deadly.

You could also look into the Arkonak pattern that is equipped with grenade launchers?

EDIT

Having read the following information, then some kind of chemical weapons could indeed be possible

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_China_before_1911#Chemical_weapons

However I'm still not sure if it should be their main thing