Me 109/Red Barron Inspired Imperial Fists 8th Company.

cephalopod

Hey folks WIP 8th company Imperial Fists  Inspired by ME 109 German aircraft.  Will be adding a Red Barron Pod /Chaplin and sternguard vets in the future. 

Captain has a heavy flamer arm that has a magnet.  I know it's not codex but I can switch it out. I just thought if you're leading the 8th.  You probably would use a flamer.

If you're wondering about the Templar(iron Cross ish) cross.  Templars started out in the Fists.  It also adds to the tone of the army.  While still being fists. 

If anyone is offended at an army inspired by german ME 109 aircraft and Red Barrons.  You will be burnt purged and killed.  Sorry but that's just how it's got to be.   For the Emperor!

Let me know what you think. 

20161018 164157

20161018 164451

20161018 164050

20161018 164427

20161018 164632

Some Updates.   Here I am working on base coating and getting a general idea of how yellow should look for each model.  I'm using P3 Hearthfire over a white Undercoat. I use a combination of 50/50 Hearthfire and Cygnus yellow for the base.   After we apply the 50/50 Mix  I use a combination of P3 yellow ink and black ink for a wash, Mixing the two for darker recesses as needed  After the base is done.  I layer with watered down Cygnus yellow to make it pop.    I think the yellow turns out really nice.   My good friend and bass player(Robo Dalai Lama youtube our song straight funk ) is working on some ultramarines on the other side of the desk.  The Ultramarines will be considered excommunicate and traitorous  of course when my fists crush them with righteous fury and zeal.  FOR THE EMPEROR!!   However still cool.   He will be uploading more pics of his progress.  And we will catalog our adventures for your entertainment. 

The Minis in the photos are being converted from Blood angels assault terminators to Imperial Fists.

I realize that the pics here are not the best quality.  Will try to get better ones soon. 

20161023 112252

20161023 112233

20161023 112208

20161018 210939

Here we can see some respect and admiration for our Ultramarines brothers.  *hammer to the face*

20161023 140248

20161029 115236

Some updates. Still trying to buy a drop pod for the red baron drop pod. None at the local shop yet. But I expect to have it by the end of the week. With an amazing screw up from gw. I managed to get a free land raider due to some missing parts. So will be finishing up the two land raiders next week. In the above pic. I really like the chest plate on the one terminater with Terra on it. I. Decided to paint the camera on the terminators white to further indicate 1st company status. Remember folks wip. Click on pics to enlarge

More updates.  We get the POD!  So here is the un-boxing.    Hopefully you guys like boxes as much as I do.    At this point in time I will be taking suggestions for the Pod.  I plan to do a Red Baron theme, with a banner saying Von Richtofen.   This will be the chaplains pod.  Considering a red base with white and black highlights.

20161105 112701

Ohh la la

20161105 115453

20161105 112752

And we hit a snag.  So I usually use Army painter as an undercoat and the store did not have any.  My bass player and friend was the one picking it up he gets me this stuff.  Never used the P3 primer before.  But this stuff says white.  But what it really means is clear.  Blanc.     So now I'm stuck.  Was planning on showing more pics today.  Sorry folks hang onto something.  We are experiencing technical difficulties.  Join next time.  Same Bat place Same Bat Chanel.  Will the joker buy the right undercoat next time?  Will the ultramarines finally admit they are traitors.  Will robin ever admit his feelings for Batman.   BANANANANANA  BATMAN.....

20161105 122042

Update. Okay folks just got some new undercoat and started putting the pod together. Still in the planning stages of the color scheme. I think everyone is familiar with the tri plane. Online they have loads of pics. How large should I make the ironcross and where should I put it?  The door on  or the wing/fin/rutter?

20161111 000822

Coming along nicely mate, I like the bare headed guy with the shield and thunder hammer. :tu:

Look forward to seeing more.

Thank you :) Will keep updating. Kind of reminds me of the old guy from the muppet show.

• 2 weeks later...
 Hey folks  some updates.  Slowly rolling things out.  Base coated the pod.  Just wanted let you guys know that I love history and aviation. Originally my army was just grey and yellow and blue.  I then started to paint each pod and corresponding  squads different colors.  As the army came together they reminded me of german aircraft.  I decided to do a red Baron Pod.  I am a history buff and in no way support any form of collectivism. Racism, supremacist ideas or any form of group.  So I hope no one is offended.  I must admit the germans color scheme is intimidating. But if you're triggered easily maybe 40k is not the game for you? Pretty much genocide is a regular occurring thing in grim dark future. Anyways I just love aircraft.  As always click on images to enlarge.

20161120 205204

20161120 205223

20161120 195529

20161120 195520

Vanguard vets for the pod. Really like how they are coming along. I have more pics. of the vets just have to resize them for gallery images.

20161120 195922

More photos.

Here is the Sgt for green squad epic kneel.

20161120 195621

20161120 195602

And more vanguard.

20161120 195922

20161120 195913

That's all for today.  Just remember  folks You're all beautiful .... when you're bathed in promeathian flames for your heresy in the name of the Emperor!

As I stated in a previous post My bass player friend and fellow marine player are going to catalog our adventures of our wip army.

We have decided to start with kill team narrative campaign during the first Armageddon war. Before the orks and commisar yarrick. We have loads of pics and we will be putting a togeather a nartive battle report. Some pictures and a link to the battle report will be added soon.

These fists look awesome! Certainly unique, and I appreciate that its a historically-inspired theme. I like all of the different colors working together to denote units and other things, it adds a lot of fun contrast and keeps things interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of the drop pod! 

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/forcechoke1/20161123_205036_zpsjfzx3l2s.jpg

One of the pics from the kill team narrative campaign. We will be doing a narrative battle report/ fan fiction soon as we finish writing out the details. (No video sorry for the misunderstanding. though I could try to put something together with audio. I do have audio gear. Maybe in the future.)

Hey so not a Fists update but an update just the same. I love all kinds of space marines. My friends. Ultramarines Bikes wip.  Hopefully you guys like them.   Still working on our narrative kill team battle report.

20161124 233338

20161124 233408

Bikes!!!  Clearly not fists but still cool.  Round of applause for my friend here.  Who actually recently made a profile. Can't remember what it is.. But expect updates soon. 

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/forcechoke1/20161202_145135_zpszhop1efh.jpg

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/forcechoke1/20161202_144815_zpsejrpirbu.jpg

Archived