Roll of Dishonour

WarriorFish

Ctrl V'd straight outta the Today in my IG thread.

I'm so close to finishing one more russ and have stripped the drop sentinels ready for green stuff and fixing the poor modelling decisions of the previous owner.

Leman Russ (FW) magnetized Vanquisher/Exterminator/BT

Leman Russ (FW) magnetized Vanquisher/Exterminator/BT

Leman Russ (FW) Executioner

Leman Russ (GW) Eradicator

Leman Russ (GW) Eradicator

Manticore (currently in a Dettol bath)

Wyvern (half finished)

Chimera w/AC

Chimera w/ML

3 Drop Sentinels (currently in a Dettol bath)

Melta Command squad

Veteran squad (plasma grenadiers)

Veteran squad (shotgun and flamer grenadiers)

Veteran squad (sniper and lascannon forward sentries)

Scion command squad

Scion squad

Commissar

MoO

Vindicare Assassin

Callidus Assassin

Culexus Assasin

Will probaly save something for ETL, otherwise I have to switch forum and pledge my huge unpainted Blood Angels army for next year.

I have very little left, I'm not at home but on top off my head here is what I have:

2 HWT

9 Scions/Karskins

Between 20-30 Guardsmen

A 70% completed psyker (I think). Will check it out when I'm home.

TO: LORD COMANDER FISH

spares we have are 10 troopers

a kasrkin officer and command squad

and a very dubious priest the field police found behind the kitchen last Thursday

rumors of a supposed shadow sword are entirely fabricated by some rattling's that mad hooch from promethium and rancid grox meat.

all efforts will be expended to get these slovenly troopers up to third platoon b coy before the winter deluge begins.

the emperor protects

Excellent stuff comrades, seems some of us are better than others at keeping the plastic mountain a hill :tongue.: Let's see how much we can get crossed off these lists by the end of the year.

I've had to put in the last of my holiday for this year and it had to be a bit scatter shot - but that just means a few days here and there is perfect to set aside some hobby time :thumbsup: Don't forget to reserve some models for the Campaign that starts in January :wink:

Excellent stuff comrades, seems some of us are better than others at keeping the plastic mountain a hill :tongue.: Let's see how much we can get crossed off these lists by the end of the year.

I've had to put in the last of my holiday for this year and it had to be a bit scatter shot - but that just means a few days here and there is perfect to set aside some hobby time :thumbsup: Don't forget to reserve some models for the Campaign that starts in January :wink:

I think If I did one a week Id still have some left in January (2018) :(

+++TRANSMISSION BEGINS+++
--CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secundus--

Commissar Fish,

The first of the officers and men of the Cadian 177th Combined Arms Regiment have begun assembly operations near Kasr Derth.  A Cadian Command Squad and two squads of Cadian Shock Troops have already arrived.  The colonel and his staff have immediately begun the proper requisitions and expect more men and material daily.  They also look forward to the arrival of the representative of the commissariat.  

Please inform the Lord Castellan that the 177th will be combat ready on time and in accordance with orders.

--Success in measured in blood; yours or your enemies.--
+++TRANSMISSION ENDS+++

2x Leman Rush Vanquisher (undercoated)

Leman Russ (unbuilt, probably Eradicator)

Basilisk (unbuilt)

Valkyrie (undercoated - used but didn't like it)

Baneblade (unbuilt)

Company Command Squad (still on the sprues)

It's really not that bad of a list, I've just been having success with my current lists that I haven't felt the need to change anything significant at the moment.

I have started construction on my thunderbolts. I will never buy chinese recasts again. These things are a royal pain, ill-fitting parts and requiring tons of green stuff for gap filling. 

Gah, never again. I'll stick to FW...

I have started construction on my thunderbolts. I will never buy chinese recasts again. These things are a royal pain, ill-fitting parts and requiring tons of green stuff for gap filling. 

Guy at our local bought an EBay Brass Scorpion the other day. Suspiciously, it's light as a feather and very dark grey. 

Are those ill parts made of plastic? If not, hot bath can help with fixing their shape.

Guy at our local bought an EBay Brass Scorpion the other day. Suspiciously, it's light as a feather and very dark grey. 

Mine is not as heavy as FW resin, and is a darker grey. Still not light though. So there's something.

Are those ill parts made of plastic? If not, hot bath can help with fixing their shape.

No, they're a resin. I tried the hot bath, though I may not have given it enough time. How long do you do it for?

In the end I may end up purchasing FW to replace these if they turn out like poop. If not, well all the better.

I need to get some Squadron models green putty to fill the gaps and get these thing ready for paint.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Working_with_ResinFW.pdf

As you can see Ulrik, this pdf was released by FW themselves. So there's no guarantee that you won't have any trouble with their models. 
As for me i did not have any experience with large parts. Only small things like guns and swords. I used a filament lamp to heat those parts for some seconds because i'm lazy and the lamp was right above my desk. i do not recomend this actually for large parts because i think they can be damaged.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Working_with_ResinFW.pdf

As you can see Ulrik, this pdf was released by FW themselves. So there's no guarantee that you won't have any trouble with their models. 

As for me i did not have any experience with large parts. Only small things like guns and swords. I used a filament lamp to heat those parts for some seconds because i'm lazy and the lamp was right above my desk. i do not recomend this actually for large parts because i think they can be damaged.ght

Right, I know. I just have had better luck with FW stuff, and having stuff that isn't re cast might keep the gappage and warpage to a minimum. As for the warping on my models, the big thing is one of the wings, and I can't get it in the proper shape. I'll give that info in the link a try,maybe it'll help.

• 3 weeks later...