Ultramarines 2.000 pts mechanised no RoW

arisen

I've yet to play a game of 30K, so I'd like to know if this would be a decent all-comers list at 2.000 points. I've tried to incorporate some of my favourite 30K elements (Suzerains and Guilliman) with some 30K goodies that would otherwise be relics in 40K (Sicarans and Deredeo), but all those toys cost a lot of points, so I had to go low-cost on troops, hence no pride of the legion RoW.

The Chaplain, Guilliman, and Suzerains go in the phobos.

Here's the list I intend to play in HH and 40K with a good deal of anti-armour, and a decent amount of shots when faced with greater numbers;

HQ

Legion centurion

chaplain consul

artificer armour, refractor field

TROOPS

Legion tactical squad

rhino

Legion tactical squad

rhino

5 Invictarius suzerains

Land raider phobos w/ armoured ceramite, multi-melta

ELITES

apothecarion detachment

1 apothecary w/ artificer armour

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sicaran battle tank

Armoured ceramite, lascannon sponsons

Sicaran battle tank

Armoured ceramite, lascannon sponsons

Deredeo pattern dreadnought
Aiolus missile launcher

LORDS OF WAR
Guilliman

Total = 2000 points

Do you own all of the models?

If not I think a Primarch at 2000pts is a big investment.

I'd suggest dropping Guillman and using the points to:

Upgrading the LR to a Spartan - this would future proof your army, allowing a larger squad to follow Guillman at 2500pts.

Upgrade one of the sicarans to a Sicaran Venator - it gives you some better long range punch and the ability to close down super heavies/ Knights

Increase the squad size of the suzerines

Add some upgrades to the tac sqds; artificer armour, power axe, melta bombs, vexilla are some good useful options.

At 2500pts simply add Guillman and some extra upgrades.

That list is literally what I run at 2k points at times, it works very well.

Guilliman is still effective at this point level due to the Myriad of rules he provides. I've run him at 1850 even!

I don't put Armoured Ceramite on the Sicarans, instead giving the Tac sgts Power Fists and Artifacer Armour so the squad has a bit more bite.

I must warn you that only your Tacs and the Suzerains can capture objectives which can make this list tough to play if you lose the infantry, which isn't hard at all. You'll need to deploy smartly and protect them. The Primarch will punch his way through whatever you throw him into so advance that Raider quickly but don't get stranded somewhere or leave yourself open to volumes of ap2 shooting.

Yeah, Guilliman is very much worth it at any points level. :)

I would use the points from the Sicarans' AC and the LR's multi-melta to get dozer blades on all the Tanks and artificer armour & melta bombs on the Tactical Squad Sergeants.

Thanks for the great feedback so far!

I've actually already got all the models because I really like how they look (the rhinos and LR are actually on loan from my 40K ultras for the time being). I was thinking that 2 sicarans with tank hunter would be sufficient anti-tank at 2K points.

Would giving implacable advance to the sicarans instead of tank hunters for some extra scoring power be a good idea? I'm thinking the added power of tank hunters is too good to pass up on them.

With the suggestions, I've modified the list slightly;

No more armoured ceramite on the sicarans

Multi-melta swapped for a dozer blade on the Phobos to ensure I don't get sidetracked with wanting to shoot it and rush forward instead.

Artificer armour and power fist on both tactical squads

HQ

Legion centurion

chaplain consul

artificer armour, refractor field

TROOPS

Legion tactical squad

Sergeant w/ artificer armour, power fist

rhino

Legion tactical squad

Sergeant w/ artificer armour, power fist

rhino

5 Invictarius suzerains

Land raider phobos w/ armoured ceramite, dozer blade

ELITES

apothecarion detachment

1 apothecary w/ artificer armour

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sicaran battle tank

lascannon sponsons

Sicaran battle tank

lascannon sponsons

Deredeo pattern dreadnought

Aiolus missile launcher

LORDS OF WAR

Guilliman

Total = 2000 points

I'll be staying at 2000pts for the time being. We always play 40K at 2000pts, and I'm hoping I can get more players into playing 30K (we already have a few collectors, but near to no players).

Then after some time I'd really like going up to 3000pts with the experience the above list brings, and upping the size of the suzerains is my first priority as they're some of my favourite models in the entire range, at which point they'll need a spartan to cruise around in, but then I'd have to drop the deredeo. I've also got 4 veteran tactical squads; 2 with 2 plasma guns, and combi-plasma, artificer armour and a powerfist on the sergeant, the other 2 have got 2 meltas, and combi-melta, artificer armour and power fist on the sergeant. So I could go pride of the legion with 4 veteran squads in rhinos and immediately increase the amount of scoring units while my opponent would need to kill all 40 of them to gain the extra VP.

I'd also like to add a squad of 10 locutarus, because artificer armour jump infantry sounds very nice to me.

Archived