Sisters of Silence Tactica

norngahl

I know it is pretty early to start this topic, but I have been in love with them for several years and now the time has come.

Did they get 30k rules as well as custodes? Did not get my hands on the box yet.

For me, I will go with the swords, as they are looking badass as hell. Beside this, they have pretty awesome rules..

If they are allowed to ride in transports, I think I found a nice and cheap retinue for my praetor :D

Why even bother with bolters or flamers, we have sources who do it better.

I feel like SoS will live longer if you give them bolters, as less of an immediate threat they last longer to make use of their anti-psyker abilities.  Hopefully 30k recognizes that AP2 Initiative power weapons isn't a strait trade for a bolter and costs things accordingly.

Hanging back with Bolters and T3 3+ won't do much damage.. I consider them as a glasscannon that will block psykers.. my idea would be PB Praetor and 9 with swords in a dreadclaw.. simply ram it down the enemies throat and go with target overload. If you can block psy heavy armies for say 2 rounds, that will propably be enough to win you the game. Against other armies.. S4 I5 AP2 attacks for 15 points per model is pretty nifty itself..

Hanging back with Bolters and T3 3+ won't do much damage.. I consider them as a glasscannon that will block psykers.. my idea would be PB Praetor and 9 with swords in a dreadclaw.. simply ram it down the enemies throat and go with target overload. If you can block psy heavy armies for say 2 rounds, that will propably be enough to win you the game. Against other armies.. S4 I5 AP2 attacks for 15 points per model is pretty nifty itself..

Only problem is 30k doesnt allow the sharing of transports.

Mostly Word Bearer shenanigans on my end with an unending amount of frustration being generated by Lorgar Transfigured and any Burning Lore Consuls that roll on Telepathy and get Invisibility.

If I can go "HAH! NOT TODAY!" I'm all for it.

I played few times vs nids, who got 1-2 invisibility...had no fun in those games. Basically you can't touch that huge unit that just goes around the board and butchers you.

Nids cant get invisibility. They only have access to their codex powers, not any main rulebook powers.

Itc version?

For ITC format events, The Invisibility psychic power is altered to read: units shooting at the Invisible unit do so at BS1, and hit it in melee on a 5+.

Use the following clarifications for the Invisibility psychic power:

• Any attacks or special abilities that can cause damage (i.e. hits, wounds and/or vehicle damage) without rolling to hit (e.g. Codex: Chaos Daemons Warp Storm Tables, etc) affect invisible units normally.

• Nova psychic powers affect invisible units normally.

• Stomp attacks affect invisible units normally.

• If a model in close combat with an invisible unit would normally hit in close combat on a fixed value (e.g. Khârn the Betrayer), the player whose turn it is determines whether the fixed value or the Invisibility psychic power takes precedence.

•  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nmBS2KZglu9JaGttpX_9lOYhYO2PQM47N8HvrsAA60/edit

Is it just me, but do the ladies seem very cheap ?    I mean we can all agree that the swords should carry a price premium over the bolters, but even the bolter girls themselves seem undercosted for what they bring?

Though I imagine in the interim people'll be bringing spear-wielding Custodes as the Troops tax for an Agents of the Emperor detachment (I certainly will), given that the GW site has implied there'll be three different types of Sisters units - Vigilators with Bolters, Executioners with Swords, and Witchseekers with Flamers - do we reckon that they'll be split into different Battlefield Roles? I'd guess at Troops for the former and Elites for the latter two. Not a massive issue but, it could mess with choosing Sentinel Squads if such was one's intent.