Sisters of Silence Tactica

norngahl

I disagree, by that merit a single squad of sisters in the right place would mean an entire 1KSons army would be denied the basis of it's rules.

40k is an "all of nothing" ruleset, and it makes sense there with multiple invisible deathstars being somewhat the norm.

In 30k though, outside of Magnus (who, even then people blow out of proportion) just simply saying "oh my sisters mean this game isn't worth playing for you." isn't really fun for anyone. Their current 30k rules are rather balanced IMO.

Having psychic powers denied would not suddenly mean TSons can't do anything.

They all have ranged and cc weapons comparable to other Legions.

It would give me a turn where I could shoot at Magnus + retinue in the same way as I can shoot at any other Legion's Primarch.

If a Tsons player can't deal with afew T3 3+ save chicks he's got other issues to deal with in his list. But as it stands SoS aren't good at what they're supposed to do, protect allies from psychic powers.

I don't know that they need to be as all-encompassing as their 40k incarnation, but what we have in inferno is very disappointing.

Yeah. I never imagined their mechanic would be based around spamming projectiles that cause perils, whilst doing nothing for the forces they partner with.

Their rules don't really match the lore in ANY way.

I'm leaving my Sisters in 40k where they actually work :-(

Yeah. I never imagined their mechanic would be based around spamming projectiles that cause perils, whilst doing nothing for the forces they partner with.

Their rules don't really match the lore in ANY way.

I'm leaving my Sisters in 40k where they actually work :-(

That seems ....like perfectly how I envisioned them working in game. No one wants to be around nulls, right? Why would they benefit the army outside their purpose as anti-psykers? 

I love that about them and can't wait to run some, provided FW releases the upgrades and transport in a reasonable timeframe.

They should have invented something new then.

I literally own multiple 40k novels where Nulls have a warp cancelling bubble around them. The effect is described very, very clearly.

The 40k rules actually work as the existing lore suggests.

They could have made the bubble smaller if they were worried about balance.

If you could all stop complaining about missed opportunities and start thinking about how to use our girls, that'll be great. After all it is about tactics here and not a contest who can be more upset. Yeah, we play girls, but they're tough and cool so you all be cool. Just like The Fonz. ;)

Thank you.

In my book they are a classic allied detachment because on their own they miss anti tank and stuff like that unless they bring the golden dudes.

Which Troops Choice should we take than.

Prosecutors is often meantioned.

Five girls with Bolters and not more.

I think that is a decent option with lots of potential. Since they don't really help much at denying psy powers in our own deployment zone I think they should be used to capture objectives or stuff like "be in the opponents zone at the and of the game".

What do you guys think?

Edited by Gorgoff

My initial impression is that Prosecutors are more useful than Vigilators.  In an allied detachment they help keep the points low so that you can have an Excruciatus Cadre as your HQ with a little wiggle room.  If you're taking an all Sisters force, the Vigilators are basically just weaker Oblivion Knights, and there's no shortage of elites slots if you want close combat Sisters and the Prosecutors add some small arms fire.  In a Talons force, Prosecutors provide nuncio-voxes for deep striking Custodes and there's no shortage of better close combat units.  The only way I could see the Vigilators working is if you want a very small allied detachment with some close combat punch (like an Excruciatus Cadre and one squad of Vigilators with nothing else).  Otherwise, both points wise and in filling a battlefield role the rest of the Sisters aren't great at (some small arms fire support), they seem like the better Troops choice.

That said Prosecutors won't be able to stand up to that much return fire and will struggle against Tactical Marines.  At least with Vigilators you can throw them in combat with a Tactical Squad and hope for the best.  Neither seems like a great choice, though neither is total garbage.  The Golden Boys are just so tempting as Troops, though.

First of all I have to say, that the stern look Ficinus' Avatar gives me is quite intimidating. ;)

I guess you're right on the Vigilators. With only one attack each they seems not very dangerous, if you try and bring them as a front assault unit. But I guess they might work if you outflank them. There they can attack stuff like Thudd Guns or HSS. On the other hand Prosecutors could do that as well and can shot the turn they show up. I guess that's what they are best for. Lucky me I have only build two ladies with swords. It should be possible to fix that.

As an HQ I'd choose the Excrutiator Squad in a Flotato (=flying potato). That way they're fast and can make an impact right from the start.

Having psychic powers denied would not suddenly mean TSons can't do anything.

They all have ranged and cc weapons comparable to other Legions.

It would give me a turn where I could shoot at Magnus + retinue in the same way as I can shoot at any other Legion's Primarch.

Eh, while they would - it's more that it just shuts down their main attraction. But fair point.

For reference too, I just don't count invisibility as a power you can use because screw that exploit :P

But they die very easily, plus Tsons still have the full complement of legion shooting with basically free (or very cheap) psychic abilities stacked on top.

I'm certainly not of the opinion that SoS need to be as strong as their 40k counter-part, but their current rules are very underwhelming and don't really aid anyone but themselves in stopping psychic powers.

I wish they had an ability that added warp-charge dice to your pool only in the opponents phase, specifically for denying, or boost the denial ability of allies by +1 or something.

Am I better off building say 5 excruciators and a 10 woman bolter squad or 5 excruciators, 5 bolters, 5 flamers/grenade launchers to fit in 500 points.

Also how do Sisters of Silence actually operate their Nuncio-Vox? 

With their mouth? :)

I'll go with ten Bolterbitches and one Excrutiator with Flamers in a Flotato.

Nice little allied detachment. Against psy heavy armies I might take some Seekers with Grenade Launchers because "FFFFUMP", but only a small one.

We don't want our Thousand Son Player become "hand shy", if ya know what I mean. ;)

In terms of Cadre rules....

It seems like Infiltrate is just the absolute no brainier choice unless your opponent really limits it. You get into position better and can reactionary deploy against your opponent. Even the Acquistor can infiltrate for lulz.

Crusader/ Stealth and +1 to Combat res all feel a lot less impactful...