Sisters of Silence Tactica

norngahl

The Sisters' antipsyker rules do affect Navigators, since Navigators count as pyskers for all purposes except how they cast their powers (so the Warp charge stuff doesn't really matter). That said, since Sisters debuff leadership and the Navigator's powers are leadership based, it will be harder for a Navigator to use their powers around Sisters

Thank you! Any chance you know how Blanks react when in warp transit? Do their ship navigators feel uneasy around them as well? I would assume so, I just don’t know it’s been mentioned in the fluff

Sorry for the late reply. For Warp travel, I'm pretty sure Blanks just feel totally normal, like nothing special is going on. As to Navigators and blanks, I'm not sure I've ever seen this come up in the lore, but I suspect that a Navigator would have a negative reaction to blanks/pariahs, but probably less strong than a psyker would (while stronger than the average person).

The only book series I could imagine this coming up in is Eisenhorn or Caiaphas Cain.

Sorry for the late reply. For Warp travel, I'm pretty sure Blanks just feel totally normal, like nothing special is going on. As to Navigators and blanks, I'm not sure I've ever seen this come up in the lore, but I suspect that a Navigator would have a negative reaction to blanks/pariahs, but probably less strong than a psyker would (while stronger than the average person).

The only book series I could imagine this coming up in is Eisenhorn or Caiaphas Cain.

No worries mate, I appreciate the response! I'm building a pretty cool force and I wanted to make sure I wasn't making any grievous lore errors 

• 2 months later...

Starting a small Sisters force for Zone Mortalis and while im obviously limited in what i can take hoping there is some brave soul on the forum willing to do an overview on our choices?

Starting a small Sisters force for Zone Mortalis and while im obviously limited in what i can take hoping there is some brave soul on the forum willing to do an overview on our choices?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Like, a tactica, most of the Tactica threads have them :D 

Digging through the whole topic there are some gems (Though mostly as allies) but no good overview really. I was hoping someone may be willing to write up their thoughts on playing pure sisters.

You won't find much on playing pure sister's because it doesn't really work. The units are individually quite strong but are not designed to be taken solus.

ZM will help as it plays to their strengths but you'll probably suffer against any Dreadnoughts or the like.

Even at a mere 1.000 pts. a pure Sisters of Silence list  will  struggle in Zone Mortalis.

Dreadnoughts are huge in ZM, and a pure Sisters list will have close to no anti tank, due to no general access to Melta Bombs on their characters.

You get a (STR 6)  Power Fist on the Silend Judge, and a single Adrathic Destructor in the same unit.

Flamer w. Compression Tanks (STR 6 rending in ZM) should work as well. Probably your best bet.

You get maybe a single (or two) Melta Gun on a Cyber Jackal, but the units sucks big time otherwise and more so in ZM.

Prosecutors and Vigilators, your  scoring  units, can only bring a Krak grenade and a single Breaching Charge.

Finally, you got Seeker Cadres with (STR 6) Grenade Launchers.

So, in summary, against monstrous creatures, you'll most likely be fine, but against a Dreadnought or two ... not so much.

Just my $ 0.02 though. 

Even at a mere 1.000 pts. a pure Sisters of Silence list will struggle in Zone Mortalis.

Dreadnoughts are huge in ZM, and a pure Sisters list will have close to no anti tank, due to no general access to Melta Bombs on their characters.

You get a (STR 6) Power Fist on the Silend Judge, and a single Adrathic Destructor in the same unit.

Flamer w. Compression Tanks (STR 6 rending in ZM) should work as well. Probably your best bet.

You get maybe a single (or two) Melta Gun on a Cyber Jackal, but the units sucks big time otherwise and more so in ZM.

Prosecutors and Vigilators, your scoring units, can only bring a Krak grenade and a single Breaching Charge.

Finally, you got Seeker Cadres with (STR 6) Grenade Launchers.

So, in summary, against monstrous creatures, you'll most likely be fine, but against a Dreadnought or two ... not so much.

Just my $ 0.02 though.

You're right.

I might add though that you seem to forget the Stratagms. With these you can get Breaching Charges, Destroyer Drones and the like.

It's not much but it is something. :)

See, stuff like that :D Thanks Charlo and Unknown :) 

Yeah the AT weakness is going to hurt, its a shame Pure sisters is so bad when Pure Custodes is so savage :/ 

See, stuff like that :D Thanks Charlo and Unknown :)

Yeah the AT weakness is going to hurt, its a shame Pure sisters is so bad when Pure Custodes is so savage :/

That's why you mix it up but also self regulate.

I really like the Sentinel Guard for dealing with dreads, S5 Rending with a fist sprinkled in feels fair.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone tried the sisters recently? How do they fare now that you can't put custodes character sin the aquisitor, and can't put sisters in the custodes transports? How do they gel with the new legions- I see a lot of potential synergy with scars- especially since there's the new Scars character Tsolomon who can take a knight centura as part of his HQ slot.

I never mixed Sisters and Custodian Guard units / characters, even before they ruled that out. It always felt cheesy to me in the extreme. So no insights to offer in that regard.

The synergy potential with Scars ?  Meh ... it's not really any more prevalent than the potential in allying with other loyalist Legions.

Sisters in general make good allies if you don't need said allies to bring anti-tank and can compensate their downsides.

Tsolmon Khan ? Actually, his biggest plus is that he doesn't have to ally with Sisters to get their benefit. Instead he can just plant one of the girls in his own unit, gaining instant fearless, adamantium will and 3 more paragon blade attacks, which is great news, without the need for a Sisters Allied Detachment. That, and that he mitigates the negative aspects of their presence at least somewhat.

EDIT: early mornin' spelling errors

Edited by Unknown Legionnaire