[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Per gun, Onslaught specifically says to roll once for the unit

That was my thoughts too.

My opponent didn't mind which way we played, but his example were lootas who roll for the squad. My argument to that was the same as Skimask's - it doesn't specifically say that, the rules say that each weapon will fire D3 shots.

Las Pulsar Jetbikes are... Wow. Just wow.

So Las Pulsar Jetbikes are good even at a 100 points per model then?

It's hard to say, 300 points gets you 6 Lascannon shots a turn (on average) that will obviously decimate a lot of targets and thanks to BS5, Twinlinked and then wounding most things on a 2+, it's often all of your shots will hit.

Against an elite army like Sehkmet, it was lethal - every shot potentially removes one of 15 models and negates thier 2W advantage.

I didnt even use Split fire, but with it they'd be great at threatening a wide variety of targets.

• 3 weeks later...

So guys & gals, lets get this discussion reignited...!

Today's topic?

AQUILON TERMINATORS

The way I see them, they serve two very important roles for Custodes:

• Extreme Anti-Horde with Firepikes & Solarite Talons - between master-crafted shredding attacks and torrent templates with wall of death overwatch and Hammer of Wrath these guys pile on the hits.
  • Anti-Death Star/ AV with TL Adrathic Destructors & Solarite Gauntlets - Outside of Rad grenade shenanigans, not much is causing ID on the Terminators in combat and these guys can lay down AP2 ID wounds from shooting and AP1 ID wounds in combat.

The last one is a toughie though, as you can get Hetaeron Guard with Shields and Gauntlets to fill a more defensive version of this tactic.

I'd love for there to be a use for the Lastrum Storm Bolters, but I currently don't see one outside of perhaps daemons when they come around?

¿Porque no los dos?

I feel like Solarite power talons are just not worth the same amount of points as Solarite power gauntlets. Against T3, 4 attacks (Misericordia is a combat blade, right?) at S10 AP1 is much the same as 3 attacks at S5 AP3 Shred, but it's better against T4 or higher. Plus it has higher AP, for killing TEQ and getting Explodes! results on Vehicles.

But Infernus firepikes are the bomb! :) They might only be AP6, but they look amazing, and they'll wreck face through the sheer number of wounds they cause!

Of course, TL Adrathic destructors are probably better, but you can get them on a bunch of other stuff. Firepikes man! Pikes. Of fire!

Solar Talons are super cool looking though.....! :P

Like all LC equivs they just suffer from being necessary unless you want to clear out marines, something anything else in the list can do in spades.

There is probably some minor advantages to using them against automata? But maybe you'd just end up with more, better wounds with Gauntlets still....

• 3 weeks later...

It's bananas, like most Custodes things. Has to deploy on foot though, which mitigates it a little.

We'll probably see this thing with the mixed load-out most frequently. It makes the best use of all of its rules. You lose too great of a ranged weapon by going double-Caestus, for marginal close combat benefit, and you're still walking. On the other hand if you go double-Storm Cannon you lose the benefit of the high WS and HoW special rules, and lose murderous strike to one-hit automata and the like.

The double-Storm Cannon is kind of tempting, though. Definitely more enticing than taking double-Caestus. That's a lot of firepower in a list that's generally lacking for long-range fire support.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi brothers I'm back with more questions. You see I happened to be in an AV14-heavy environment. Honestly speaking those metal boxes are quite a problem. DSing shield guards with gauntlets has been proven not as efficient as I have expected. Cladius with heavy archnus canon,well it lacks the quantity of shots. Agmatus squads with Corvae-lascanon are by far the best chance I have. However when faced with AV14 with flare shield those S9 lascanon became pretty mediocre. So what is your experience? Oh I'm thinking of adding the brand new shiny Telemon Dreadnought with two storm cannons. What are your opinions?

Some field data from the Telemon:

Opponent had a lot of scouting MM on Rhinos, but they targeted my other vehicles (and yay for ceramite) so he was fairly uncontested.

Heavy 7 mode on the Storm Cannon is pure brutality, marines just die for days. I quite liked having 1 Caestus & 1 Gun, I was faced with a large block of Gal'vorbak so (while they had a 2++ for a round) he still managed to squish two in combat which was a huge help.

Hi guys. I have one question. Does have Ixion Hale specfic rules?

Sadly no.

I hope that that at least his weapon has specific rules. It looks more like poleaxe than spear :)

Hi guys. I am woring on Custodes list and I am not sure by what weapons are equipped Agamatus Jetbike Squadron. In Prospero on page is written that Gyrlfalcon is equipped with an Iliastus bolt cannon. On FW web is written that Gyrlfalcon is equipped by a Lastrum bolt cannon. Am I right? Thanks 

If you look through the weapons list, youll find that the Illastus Bolt Cannon doesn't exist. So, yes, its a typo and they have Lastrum Bolt Cannons.

The Proteus Las-Lance? Why would you? They have Power Lances and can upgrade to Corvae Las-Pulsers.

As it currently stands, no Custodes or SoS model uses the Proteus Las-Lance AFAIK.

Thought it might be fun to point out the weapons on this thing using elements of deduction:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/e/ee/OrionGunship.jpg

So underneath are Heavy Blaze Cannons.

Side of the nose are TL-Lastrum Bolters

Under the wings it looks like the Spificus Pattern Botl Launcher from the Telemon...

Wonder if the nose will get a weapon on that rounded mount too? Or maybe it'll have something nasty on top like a Thunderhawk....!

I don't get why the front landing wheel is exposed when retracted or why it even has a landing wheel in the first place :\

Otherwise, I think thats what might be mounting the Corvae Las-Pulsers. I don't see it having a top mounted weapon however.