Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Custodes Tactica - In Their Fists They Carry Death

• Please log in to reply
1132 replies to this topic

Rabidbunneh

Rabidbunneh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
Las Pulsars all the way, they add ranged anti tank into an army that has next to none.

I really don't like the Flyer.

lanceqi

lanceqi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
Uh I must say that Orion Assault Ship looks really amazing. The new pics of it are surprisingly good compared with the old one.
  • Raktra likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,352 posts
I was sold on it,but now I think it's a little odd...

Cannot argue with its sheer dakka though.

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
The Orion is a really nice kit, I picked one up at the open day and it's the first time i have actually wanted to paint the interior detail as well. Usually i just glue the doors shut on vehicles.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,352 posts

Going to post some full data and analysis in my WIP thread later, but a couple of thoughts and tactical insight from the Throne of Skulls weekend. Most are obvious but nice to see it in practice:

• Don't ever fight Valdor in combat with anything. Even with your own Hetaeron Guard. He's terrifying.
  • Las-Pulsar jetbikes are good. So good that most people took 6 (I was tame with 3). They are incredible for killing medium tanks and terminators at 36" away without retaliation.
  • Deep Striking a 3 man guardian spear troops choice into the backfield is ace. It's "Cheap" and they can absorb a lot of small arms/ anything not AP2, then mulch pretty much anything there and claim objectives etc. Run them to spread out on the drop.
  • Telemon is perfect with one fist and one gun. Obscene dakka and 4 WS6 I5 S10 AP2 Shred attacks even when charged means it will whittle down the most elite units. Doesn't really care about pens (usually just shaken) but things like Shatter Shells will just glance you to death endlessly, even with a 4++
  • Transport is very hardy and good for just keeping dudes safe. 4HP is tasty.
  • The Heavy Blaze Cannon... Don't bother. The multi-shot mode is nice and lets it savage up to 7 marines a turn, ignoring FNP even but that solid shot is just sooooo unreliable. I think I managed 2 glancing HP all weekend - if that! YMMV of course with luck but even AV13 is a gamble, especially if it has any kind of save.

++WIP Thread++

LetsYouDown

LetsYouDown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,245 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, XIVth and XXth Legions

• The Heavy Blaze Cannon... Don't bother. The multi-shot mode is nice and lets it savage up to 7 marines a turn, ignoring FNP even but that solid shot is just sooooo unreliable. I think I managed 2 glancing HP all weekend - if that! YMMV of course with luck but even AV13 is a gamble, especially if it has any kind of save.

7 marines? It's Heavy 4? Were you referencing the Caladius or Telemon's version of the blaze cannon here? The latter shouldn't ignore FNP as it's only S7

Edited by LetsYouDown, 21 August 2017 - 03:11 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,352 posts

7 marines? It's Heavy 4?

Sorry I meant in addition to the TL Lastrum on the front too!

The Telemon will kill 7 with it's version though ;)

++WIP Thread++

LetsYouDown

LetsYouDown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,245 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, XIVth and XXth Legions

OK, cool. I figured there was something I was missing - and I was :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users