Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Custodes Tactica - In Their Fists They Carry Death

• Please log in to reply
1145 replies to this topic

Rabidbunneh

Rabidbunneh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
Las Pulsars all the way, they add ranged anti tank into an army that has next to none.

I really don't like the Flyer.

lanceqi

lanceqi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts
Uh I must say that Orion Assault Ship looks really amazing. The new pics of it are surprisingly good compared with the old one.
  • Raktra likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts
I was sold on it,but now I think it's a little odd...

Cannot argue with its sheer dakka though.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
The Orion is a really nice kit, I picked one up at the open day and it's the first time i have actually wanted to paint the interior detail as well. Usually i just glue the doors shut on vehicles.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

Going to post some full data and analysis in my WIP thread later, but a couple of thoughts and tactical insight from the Throne of Skulls weekend. Most are obvious but nice to see it in practice:

• Don't ever fight Valdor in combat with anything. Even with your own Hetaeron Guard. He's terrifying.
  • Las-Pulsar jetbikes are good. So good that most people took 6 (I was tame with 3). They are incredible for killing medium tanks and terminators at 36" away without retaliation.
  • Deep Striking a 3 man guardian spear troops choice into the backfield is ace. It's "Cheap" and they can absorb a lot of small arms/ anything not AP2, then mulch pretty much anything there and claim objectives etc. Run them to spread out on the drop.
  • Telemon is perfect with one fist and one gun. Obscene dakka and 4 WS6 I5 S10 AP2 Shred attacks even when charged means it will whittle down the most elite units. Doesn't really care about pens (usually just shaken) but things like Shatter Shells will just glance you to death endlessly, even with a 4++
  • Transport is very hardy and good for just keeping dudes safe. 4HP is tasty.
  • The Heavy Blaze Cannon... Don't bother. The multi-shot mode is nice and lets it savage up to 7 marines a turn, ignoring FNP even but that solid shot is just sooooo unreliable. I think I managed 2 glancing HP all weekend - if that! YMMV of course with luck but even AV13 is a gamble, especially if it has any kind of save.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

WIP Thread

LetsYouDown

LetsYouDown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,285 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, XIVth and XXth Legions

• The Heavy Blaze Cannon... Don't bother. The multi-shot mode is nice and lets it savage up to 7 marines a turn, ignoring FNP even but that solid shot is just sooooo unreliable. I think I managed 2 glancing HP all weekend - if that! YMMV of course with luck but even AV13 is a gamble, especially if it has any kind of save.

7 marines? It's Heavy 4? Were you referencing the Caladius or Telemon's version of the blaze cannon here? The latter shouldn't ignore FNP as it's only S7

Edited by LetsYouDown, 21 August 2017 - 03:11 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

7 marines? It's Heavy 4?

Sorry I meant in addition to the TL Lastrum on the front too!

The Telemon will kill 7 with it's version though ;)

WIP Thread

LetsYouDown

LetsYouDown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,285 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, XIVth and XXth Legions

OK, cool. I figured there was something I was missing - and I was :)

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

Well here we go...!

If you want to get a squad of Hetaron, Tribune and a Spear Dread into prime position to rip out the enemy a new censored.gif  then I present to you, the

ORION ASSAULT DROPSHIP

It's finally here!

Rules:

Lord of War

BS5 F13 S12 R11 HP7

2 Heavy Blaze Cannon
2 Twin Linked Lastrum Bolt Cannons
2 Spicuulus Heavy Bolt Launchers
Extra Armour
Armoured Ceramite
Armoured Cockpit

Assault Vehicle
Grav-Backwash
Deep Strike

1 Access Hatch at the rear

24 Model Capacity (so 12 Custodes)
Can carry one of the Contemptor dreads as 10 spaces

Then the new rules...

MACRO ARAE-SHRIKE
Same as the small ones but also only lets enemy units fire interceptor at the Orion on a 4+

ECLIPSE SHIELD
Flare shield, but if you suffer a glancing or penetrating hit then you immediately gain shrouded for the rest of the phase from attacks against the front arc

Spiculus Heavy Bolt Launcher
48" S7 AP4 Heavy 3, Rending

https://www.forgewor...es-Gunship-2017

WIP Thread

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,675 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

I love it already! If it wasnt for my burning desire to first buy a Thunderhawk to make Aetos Dios with, I'd totally get one of these.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

I will say it's certainly grown on me and the rules are impressive...!

WIP Thread

Caillum

Caillum

++ MERCATOR ANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,538 posts
  • Chapter Name: XXth Legion
Fits in a 2500 point army... ;)

It's a beast of a model. Will be awesome to see one in RL.

The Battle of Paramar Nexus - Caillum's HH Plog

=][=

This is a sample of my Moderator voice.

I don't want to have to use it, so if you play nice and post constructively, I won't have to.

=][=

lanceqi

lanceqi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts
Orion is the final piece of these Golden Boys. My hobby group exploded. Mwahahahahahaha

K3nn3rs

K3nn3rs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
Do you think it's worth the points?

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,675 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

605 Points gets you something a pretty hardy and very shooty super-heavy flyer that has 24 Capacity (12 Custodes or 6 Custodes + 1 Contemptor) that gets harder to kill the more you shoot at it unless you have Ignores Cover.

Its also the only Assault Vehicle the Custodes has access to as of this moment whilst also being their only "In-Army" LoW selection.

To me, yeah, pretty worth it especially when compared to a Thunderhawk though you do lose out on the D Shot and the One-Use Missiles.

The only real drawback with it is 7th edition being what it is with regards to flyers of all types.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

lanceqi

lanceqi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts
To me it's a game-changer. No more get-melted-on-his-way-to-charge Galatus.

K3nn3rs

K3nn3rs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
A game changer for Custodes....😬
Did they need the help!?

My only hang about LoW transports is that they usually lack damage output so you need the transported units to do the heavy lifting (pretty obvious I know) so you end up investing a huge amount of points in a set up that only starts impacting the game from turn 3 onwards (best case scenario).

Baluc

Baluc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 781 posts

I've become pretty convinced by the dbl Stormcannon on the Telemon. Being able to cut a cult horde in half in one shooting phase is clutch power.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

I've become pretty convinced by the dbl Stormcannon on the Telemon. Being able to cut a cult horde in half in one shooting phase is clutch power.

I'm leaning with you there, the firepower is shockingly awesome.

Only issue is getting tied up on melee - against anything infantry the Telemon will do well with S10 & Shred but against other Dreads (like Leviathans) it's a big, long, drawn out fight.

WIP Thread

Baluc

Baluc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 781 posts

Yeah I'm planning on bubble wrapping him with some allied Auxilla, I take them mostly to bulk up my scoring units, but they serve a secondary roll here. 

Speaking on allied auxilla, what are peoples favourite allied units?

I'm leaning towards:

Auxilla Levy

Auxilla Fire Teams

Leman Russ Annihilators (up to 4 lascannon shots is nothing to scoff at)

I wish Auxilla could take Primaris-Lightning fighters, but I guess you can't get everything.

Riptor

Riptor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Yeah I'm planning on bubble wrapping him with some allied Auxilla, I take them mostly to bulk up my scoring units, but they serve a secondary roll here. 

Speaking on allied auxilla, what are peoples favourite allied units?

I'm leaning towards:

Auxilla Levy

Auxilla Fire Teams

Leman Russ Annihilators (up to 4 lascannon shots is nothing to scoff at)

I wish Auxilla could take Primaris-Lightning fighters, but I guess you can't get everything.

Yes, but you can take Arvus Lighters, which are nearly as good.

/Sarcasm.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users