[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Not exactly tactics, but have you seen the new 40k custodes models? Jetbikes, terminators and what I presume is Hetaeron equivalents. By the Holy Emperor, they have me more hyped than ever for our army. With some minor conversions they'll be great for 30k as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheWAAAGHStudios/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1554875691266020

I am going to be buying a great many of those Jetbikes if they have a somewhat reasonable pricetag (say, £40-50 for 3 or so). Custodes? You get jetbikes. Night Lords? You get converted Jetbikes!

Might even get that White Scars force i've been theoryhammering out for a while now.

Not exactly tactics, but have you seen the new 40k custodes models? Jetbikes, terminators and what I presume is Hetaeron equivalents. By the Holy Emperor, they have me more hyped than ever for our army. With some minor conversions they'll be great for 30k as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheWAAAGHStudios/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1554875691266020

I am going to be buying a great many of those Jetbikes if they have a somewhat reasonable pricetag (say, £40-50 for 3 or so). Custodes? You get jetbikes. Night Lords? You get converted Jetbikes!

Might even get that White Scars force i've been theoryhammering out for a while now.

Way to small for my liking.

Just like the machines you put kids in and let them have a little ride for a quarter.

http://www.gelsenkirchener-geschichten.de/userpix/8/8_kinderwackelmaschine_apotheke_bahnhofstr_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been away from the game for about a  year now. Working on my six jet bikes right now. 

Is the Coronus viable at all? I have two still sitting in their boxes but I feel like an Agent of the Emperor is a better delivery system for the big hitters.

Been away from the game for about a  year now. Working on my six jet bikes right now. 

Is the Coronus viable at all? I have two still sitting in their boxes but I feel like an Agent of the Emperor is a better delivery system for the big hitters.

It's great, unless you want to buy the Super-Heavy Flyer, the Orion.

Durable, decent firepower for harassment and holds 6 of the gold boys.

Something like Hetearon Guard are perfect as they can get out and usually handle the firepower directed towards them for a turn of standing around.

Not exactly tactics, but have you seen the new 40k custodes models? Jetbikes, terminators and what I presume is Hetaeron equivalents. By the Holy Emperor, they have me more hyped than ever for our army. With some minor conversions they'll be great for 30k as well.

i plan on using these exclusively, the price is just way better than forgeworld. 

on another note, what points do folks play, my mates and i play between 3000 and 6000 per person.

2500-3500. The system isn't designed to go any higher and work with the focs

You're not entirely wrong, but also not entirely correct. The 2500-3500 points range is referred to as the "ideal" range but it is in no way stated that the system is specified to that game size. I find that due to how most Heresy units scale up quite well in cost/size, it's quite feasible to still play >5000pts per side without resorting to the apocalypse ruleset, sticking to the standard FOCs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just any long range anti tank. In my experience it's pretty hardy though with a 4++

Mines party trick is getting stuck in combat with chainfist leviathan's and slowly grinding out a win.

I feel like a single gun and fist on each is best though, the superb combat stats make him so great at killing anything else.

It sure does have a nice melee profile, but I feel like I have a lot of solid melee options with 2 Achillus and a bunch of fists. I find I need a bit more significant fire power to help cover my dudes. Definitely feel the potential of storm cannon and one fist

I think the best load out is two storm cannons. I can definitely see the potential of giving it a fist, but 14 str7 ap3 shots or 4 str9 ap1 exoshock shots and 10 (assuming you didn't move) str5 ap4 rending shots, all at BS5, is some seriously strong and versatile firepower that I feel is unmatched in talons army list.

What do you guys suggest for handicapping ourselves? I know Talons is a very strong army list, but I don't play competitively very often and I don't want to steamroll my buddies every time we play. But I also wanna keep the feeling of the army and have pure Talons.

I think the best load out is two storm cannons. I can definitely see the potential of giving it a fist, but 14 str7 ap3 shots or 4 str9 ap1 exoshock shots and 10 (assuming you didn't move) str5 ap4 rending shots, all at BS5, is some seriously strong and versatile firepower that I feel is unmatched in talons army list.

What do you guys suggest for handicapping ourselves? I know Talons is a very strong army list, but I don't play competitively very often and I don't want to steamroll my buddies every time we play. But I also wanna keep the feeling of the army and have pure Talons.

...maybe only running a single storm cannon per Telemon? :wink:

I find the best way to "handicap" a talons list is by talking to your friends in advance to make it clear that you're bringing talons and that they should pack some options to handle them. That in combination with not spamming nothing but the power house units (Telemons, Jetbikes) means your games will be much more even.

Not used the illiastus, but it's a different beast to the Storm Cannon. Just one Strom cannon combined with the bolt launcher is silly fire power.

I think having one gun on each let's you be more flexible too, harder choice for your opponent to target. Remember you get a friggin plasma flamer in the fist too!

More SoS than normal, no Tribune, keep the dreads and and jetbikes low?

Honestly with a proper amount of line of sight blocking terrain, it becomes a lot harder to leverage some of our long range guns. Jet bikes obviously have a huge advantage for that.

Maybe investing in some pallas for fire support instead of jetbikes? I kind of like the idea of really annoying skimmers that can always shoot and aren't as threatening as the rest of the army, but I really don't like the cost to buy them