[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Was there a more recent FAQ than 9 July 2018?

Malevolence reprinted the entire Custodian bit of the Inferno Talons list, with updated points costs and the new units that had been released in the interim. Base cost went up 30-40 points for the Elite squads, +20 for the Telemon, +40 for the Coronus, +50 for Valdor, and lots of wargear options were tweaked by +/-5-10 points.

IIRC, that book was written and previewed in 2018, but didn’t actually drop until late 2019, so it supersedes the 2018 Talons FAQ that’s still up on Warhammer Community. I don’t remember there being a PDF, I think you were just expected to buy another black book.

Probably wouldn’t affect your list much if you aren’t already using that version, as Troops didn't really change much, but the base increase for Aquilon Terminators, the Coronus and the Telemon might add up to ~100 points or so in your case.

Never looked at unofficial rules, so I don’t know if the “tax” that you’re paying was based on Inferno or Malevolence.

To add to the above, there was also some notable rules and wargear changes in Malevolence (mostly nerfs, such as to the Preternatural Skill rule, though Aquilons also went to 3W, for example), as well as points changes Edited by Darkwrath121

So, here’s a question that might highlight a problem. How much obsec should I have in a list? Legiones Astartes get so many things with implacable advance that they don’t need 40 troops choices but I feel like Talons do?

Generally I aim for about 1 scoring unit per 500 points not including suicide units like deepstriking Machine-killer Vets, granted thats normally for marine lists, so 5 scoring units at 2500 for example. For Custodes I'd probably aim for one scoring unit for roughly every 500-750 points, but none of these are hard and fast rules 

So, here’s a question that might highlight a problem. How much obsec should I have in a list? Legiones Astartes get so many things with implacable advance that they don’t need 40 troops choices but I feel like Talons do?

It's the real weakness of the list and ultimately something that makes it pretty un-fun to play imo. You really don't get to have lots of the toys because...

By far the most efficient choice is Sentinel Guard. That's it. Sisters can obviously hold objectives but the Heresy is not a fun place to be with a T3 body! Though obviously they can still stand in place and score points. Or be aggressive inside an Aquisitor.

Don't see why not. It's fairly generic rules.

Once again, one of the big fractured things about the HH

Why so?

That's one of the coolest things of the heresy that you can add superheavies and other "count as" to your army as you see fit.

I like my Stormsword and my Minotaur for my IW and definitely will add some super heavy stuff to my VF.

Why so?

That's one of the coolest things of the heresy that you can add superheavies and other "count as" to your army as you see fit.

I like my Stormsword and my Minotaur for my IW and definitely will add some super heavy stuff to my VF.

I meant as in, it's not clear who can take what or what is even eligible. The rules are split across many OLD publications (IA etc)

It just needs a MASSIVE  tidy up.

The concept is awesome :)

Why so?

I meant as in, it's not clear who can take what or what is even eligible. The rules are split across many OLD publications (IA etc)

It just needs a MASSIVE  tidy up.

The concept is awesome :smile.:

Ah that issue.

Yes, that is pretty unclear at this point.

Or at least needs a tidy up like you said.

• 6 months later...

Res'ing this thread. Need some opinion on whether is it viable. 

Bunker + Valdor + 3 x Hetaeron  + Oblivion knight centura > Jump out via escape hatch for a "Safer" deep strike. Then Sagittarum will sit in it shooting away, or rinse and repeat with other squad, if needs be. Cause for 100 pt or so, there isn't much I can fit in to my list.

Bunker + Valdor + 3 x Hetaeron  + Oblivion knight centura > Jump out via escape hatch for a "Safer" deep strike. Then Sagittarum will sit in it shooting away, or rinse and repeat with other squad, if needs be. Cause for 100 pt or so, there isn't much I can fit in to my list.

'Viable' is a relative term, because the usefulness of a unit / constellation depends a lot on a specific situation, and we don't have a clue what your mixed unit will be up again.

Thus the question can hardly be answered.

In general, Hetaeron Guard tend to annihilate things on their own.

I wonder, why you'd build a 780+ Pts. deathstar unit (including Valdor) around them and then dump them in a bunker ? 

Inflicting 4D6 Str. 6 hits on them by blowing up the 4 HP bunker might be fun though.

'Viable' is a relative term, because the usefulness of a unit / constellation depends a lot on a specific situation, and we don't have a clue what your mixed unit will be up again.

Thus the question can hardly be answered.

In general, Hetaeron Guard tend to annihilate things on their own.

I wonder, why you'd build a 780+ Pts. deathstar unit (including Valdor) around them and then dump them in a bunker ? 

Inflicting 4D6 Str. 6 hits on them by blowing up the 4 HP bunker might be fun though.

It was just something that came to mind, considering how unreliable deepstrike is, I figured that having a escape hatch from the bunker which i can set up 12" away from the bunker then disembark onto a objective or even to just get close to the enemy faster. That would distract the enemy while the other units can sorta move up relatively safe-ish. I'm actually still figuring out what to make for a 3k list for a event next week. First time with custodes too.

• 3 weeks later...