Black Book - The First Solar War

simison

Seeing as I've added some, I ought to begin tracking the armies at Revan. This is the so-far:

Loyalist

Commanders

Pionus Santor

Antonidas

Metis Odyssalas

Galen Diomes

Licinius Vastelus (Kadisian Hounds)

Saerla Kadora (Medusan Steelshod)

(More)

Scions Hospitalier - three taskforces, 30,000?

Legio Gojira

House Toho

3rd Medusan Steelshod

Kadisian Hounds

Insurrectionist

Warbringers - 40,000?

Legio Victorum

Three or four Novadeka Regiments

Edited by bluntblade

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated thread title. I'm not sure if this one black book will cover the entire First Solar War or just the Assault on Delos. I will be going through and renaming the Trilogy threads to something more appropriate, given our new red/black book divide.

I want to give Delos the full treatment, like how FW did an entire book on Isstvaan III. So, that's why I'm wondering if I need to make a separate thread for that.

Drafted something for the intro. Does having three Primarchs at the council work, and who should they be besides Alex? Provisionally thinking Hec and then Niklaas or Andezo, with Pionus occupied to the south.

The Pieces Begin to Move

On the feudal world of Orsken, on the eastern border of Segmentum Solar, there is a forbidding mountain range at the southern pole, its bleak and vertiginous aspect not unlike old Orioc on Terra. Six decades into the Great Crusade, Orsken’s rulers had yielded before the Iron Bears, who took the southern mountains and carved a network of strongholds within the innermost peaks. Far from the eyes of Orsken’s natives, Tricendian stonework formed the Imperial governor’s most secure refuge.

One chill morning, in the mountain fastness, a hundred warlords gathered in the main hall to discuss the defence of the Emperor’s realm. The armies they commanded were almost as diverse as the worlds from which they hailed. Men and women from the noble houses of void enclaves stood beside others whose tattoos and ornaments gave away their origins on feral worlds. Each was a general of high standing and proven mettle; Lord Commanders, Knight Seneschals, Solar Auxilia Marshals, Mechanicum Archmagi, Praetors of the Legiones Astartes and Titan Princeps all took their place on the stone floor.

Some were present in person, but many attended only as flickering holograms, transmitted from their ships in orbit. In the great forum, however, they were all diminished by the figures at the chamber’s heart: the Imperial Warmaster and two of his brothers.

• 2 weeks later...