I think the suits look good brother they're described as absorbing light they're so dark after all. My one critique would be your bases you've got the one eversor launching off a rock and the rest are on lonely black discs. Obviously not all of the assassin's poses lend themselves to being perched on large rocks but have you considered using maybe some flat slate or pieces of cork board? Anywho just a thought ;) the whole force is really coming together really well brother I can't wait to see them finished.

Thanks brother! Glad you like the skull of the Culexus, as I now have four I wanted them not to look the same and thought that a different skull would make the trick. About Magnus the horns aren't gone, just in a different place and yes, I know I need bigger photos, but I don't think that's possible through the B&C gallery, maybe I should try out photobucket or something like that...

It's perfectly possible to post larger pics from the B&C gallery. It's just that they're set on 'small' as standard. Just go to the picture (not the gallery or album, the picture), click on 'options' on the right, then 'view all sizes', then click on 'large', the rightclik on the image and select 'copy link address'. Then upload that link address into your comment as an image. It's pretty a convoluted process, though, which is why I just use Photobucket. :tu:

@Pyroclast91: sorry I didn't anwser you before, it seems that we posted at the same time and I didn't see your reply! Thanks for the comment, at the end I gave the suits a brighter look by painting points of pure white in some angles. About the bases you're totally right, I'm on a hurry to get them painted so I didn't base them at all with the exception of the Eversor, who is glued to the stone as he needs it to stand so, when I finish painting them all, I will do the bases of the others. I know it isn't the best method but I want to be sure that I have time to at least paint them.

@MikhalLeNoir: Hmmm, I will surely give dakkadakka gallery a look, thanks a lot.

@Augustus b'Raas: I didn't knew you could do that with the B&C gallery, I will give it a try when I get back home, thanks for pointing it out.

I managed to finish the whites of the nine assassins! I must admit that I´m not too happy about the final result and may return to it later, but for now I'm going to declare the white finished:

Execution Force 2 1

Execution Force 2 2

Now I just have to paint the green lights, the silver details, the black and yellow parts and the unique things each one has before I can pass to the Inquisition part of the army (spoiler: it will be chaos inquisition, loyalist scum wouldn't be appropriate in this thread)!

Pd: B&C won't let me upload to the thread medium or larger images from their gallery, will have to check Photobucket and dakkadakka galleries. For this one I divided the usual long photo into two parts untill I get another option to work...

http://i.imgur.com/NyKI8Qc.gif

If you follow the instructions I posted, above, the B&C gallery will definitely allow you to post larger images. After you've copied the link to the larger image, you go to your comment, put the cursor where you want to post the image, then click on the image icon (left to the left of the < > icon in the taskbar of the comment), then paste the link into that field, then press enter.

Et voil

http://i.imgur.com/NyKI8Qc.gif

If you follow the instructions I posted, above, the B&C gallery will definitely allow you to post larger images. After you've copied the link to the larger image, you go to your comment, put the cursor where you want to post the image, then click on the image icon (left to the left of the < > icon in the taskbar of the comment), then paste the link into that field, then press enter. 

Et voilá, a large version of your picture, posted from your gallery.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I repeated this process many times and this is all I got when trying to post with images introduced in the way you suggested:

Error

I even tried creating a photobucket account and uploading photos from there but I'm getting the same error... Maybe I should post this in the Bugs subforum, it's really bugging me (pun intended)...

I thought that it could be the size of the image, but it still happens when trying to post small pictures wich are, basically, the same that the ones that I post through the "My Media" button!

While I get this solved I'll have to post small images, they aren't finished models, so I hope you can excuse me... Here are the assassins with the green and the yellow stripes done:

Execution Force 3 1

Execution Force 3 2

Now I just have to paint the metals and some details (blood, OSL, severed heads...) before I can pass to the Inquisition. When the whole army is painted all do the bases and weathering of all.

What kind of system are you working on?

I took the effort of making a large image explanation for you - written how-to's can be a bit unclear. 

Just leftclick the image, which redirtects you to my Photobucket album. You can there download it (downloadf option on the right of the screen)  so you can zoom in enough to read the instructions in green. :smile.::thumbsup:

Good luck! I hope it works now. :smile.:

Thanks a LOT for taking the time! But that was exactly what I was doing and I'm still getting the same problem... That said it may be a problem of my computer, it has bee acting weird today but maybe it started yesterday and I didn't notice, I will check a couple of things and try again tomorrow...

I finally painted the metals, even though it was such a pain... Now I have some details left, hopefully I'll finish them today!

gallery_92948_12550_469392.jpgAdittionally i fixed a couple of things with my computer and now I can upload large images AT LAST!!!

I FINALLY FINISHED MY ASSASSINS!!!

gallery_92948_12550_218785.jpgIt has been hard but I did it!!! Now I have to finish the Inqusition part...

I like a lot this Eversor, the blood makes him outstand from the rest of the army, hope it's enough for you Pyroclast91 :wink: ! Mommy, mommy look what I found on the playground!!!

gallery_92948_12550_78487.jpg

gallery_92948_12550_78088.jpg

The GW new Culexus is a gorgeous model, he is so creepy (so just perfect) and has a lot of detail on the helmet. I'm also very happy with the choice of face, the other one is so typical...

gallery_92948_12550_163916.jpg

The old Culexus is also cool, though not as much as the new one. The smiley face gives you the creeps though and he seems to be shouting: "Hey, a witch!"

gallery_92948_12550_170446.jpg

To be my second model sculpted from scratch this Culexus isn't bad, though she is too plain and too big even though it doesn't shows up as much because she's kneeling.

gallery_92948_12550_117412.jpg

The last Culexus is... errr... well, different, Actually I made him because a friend dared me to, but he's going to be part of a tournament army nevertheless...

gallery_92948_12550_230495.jpg

I must admit that I didn't like this model much when I got him, I always thought that the other version, which is shooting his rifle, was cooler. But after painting him I have to say that I've got to like it and now it may be even better than the other one.

gallery_92948_12550_182933.jpg

Even though I'm not too happy with this conversion he's passable and he looks kind of cool after being painted.

gallery_92948_12550_117615.jpg

The Callidus old model is also wonderful, it surprised me as the Vindicare one with all the details it had!

gallery_92948_12550_83161.jpg

gallery_92948_12550_227265.jpg

The last Callidus is very special to me, as it will always remain as my first model sculpted from scratch, even though if it isn't that impressive! :tongue.:

gallery_92948_12550_80387.jpg

The thing is that I actually finished the assassins this morning, but spent all the afternoon in my local store painting, so made some progress on the Inquisition part of the army, but first goes some fluff to explain their existence:

When the Inquisition was created the Harvesters of Souls had officially been deleted from all imperial record for many many years, but they were still alive, waiting in the Warp for their moment, when they would destroy the Empire of Men to create a new one from its ashes, one not based on venerating the Emperor and working for something you didn't understand, but on freedom and the power of the people. So when this new organisation was founded Virgultur saw that he needed to infiltrate in it to gain access to humanity's deepest secrets, he saw that the Inquisition had too much power and that he needed to be part of it. So for the next years he sent different operatives, from disguised Callidus assassins to bribed members of the high spheres of the Empire, and even though it was slow, he started gaining influence, even in two of the most powerful branches of the Inquisition, the Ordo Hereticus and the Ordo Xenos.

The followers of the Harvesters of Souls within the Inquisition seem to be normal from the exterior, but they meet in secret reunions in where they praise Virgultur and Malal, even performing vile rituals to gain their favour. This gives the Revenant a huge source of knowledge of what the Empire is doing, and gets access to a lot of top secret information thanks to his corrupted Inquisitors and their followers.

Though the main purpose of this infiltrators is to inform Virgultur of the Empire's most confidential moves, they're sometimes called to fight side by side with the Harvesters of Souls, usually ambushing the enemy and taking advantage of what they know, being terribly mutated before the battle starts to serve better their purpose. There are a lot of psykers through their lines, most unreported to the Empire, as their psychic abilities are considered by Virgultur a very useful tool and favours sourcerous pacts within his followers, as they can send messages to him and his closest servants telepathically and can use their powers to manipulate others or kill them if things get messy.

By being very careful and never making too abrupt moves, the Harvesters of Souls corruption hasn't been discovered yet by the Empire, and anyone who gets suspicious is carefully removed, so Virgultur's net of informers grows bigger and bigger every day...

With the story told this are some of my Inquisition models, three psykers and an Inquisitor. The Psykers are based on cultists with chaos marauder bits, they're still very WIP, but the skin and the whites are done:

gallery_92948_12550_141589.jpg

This Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus will be my Warlord on the tournament, he's made from an Empire captain (from Warhammer Fantasy) and CSM and marauder bits:

med_gallery_92948_12550_168219.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_171876.jpg

Hope that you like them, any comment will be welcome!

Awesome work brother the army is looking fantastic I really love your execution force they have so much character and so much flavor I think you've done a wonderful job bringing this army to life. Any plans for doing some GK and or DW perhaps I think with your skills it would open up some awesome conversion opportunities. Either way keep up the awesome work brother :D oooh and yes I find the new eversors blood splatter to be quite pleasing.

Wow, dude. Congratulations on finishing this very special project. They all look very cool - very HiSciFi, yet still 40K. The ones you scultped yourself look very much like the originals, and your spot on paint job unifies them completely. Also I'm glad to see the large pics worked out! :tu:

Awesome work brother the army is looking fantastic I really love your execution force they have so much character and so much flavor I think you've done a wonderful job bringing this army to life. Any plans for doing some GK and or DW perhaps I think with your skills it would open up some awesome conversion opportunities. Either way keep up the awesome work brother :biggrin.: oooh and yes I find the new eversors blood splatter to be quite pleasing.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like them! I had no plans to do any DW or GK in the near future though, with the release of Imperial Agents, you can now take smaller forces of them so who knows... It could be a good excuse to do some truescale which I've been getting the itch to attemp for some time thanks to the projects I've seen in this forum lately, which have changed my view of truescale completely. So damn B&C and damn you Pyroclast, now I want to satart yet another army!!!!

Wow, dude. Congratulations on finishing this very special project. They all look very cool - very HiSciFi, yet still 40K. The ones you scultped yourself look very much like the originals, and your spot on paint job unifies them completely. Also I'm glad to see the large pics worked out! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, I owe you for teaching me how to upload larger images, it's certainly better! About the sculpts... There's still a lot to improve there ;).

Oh my lord that Magnus is phenomenal

Thanks, I'm anxious to get to him again, but I need to have this army finished before the 29th...

So, today I had a productive day and managed to finish the psykers and the inquisitor, now I just have seven acolytes left and basing and weathering the whole army, so even though its a bit cramped, I think I'll manage in two weeks.

Anyways, here are the three psykers, each of whom will go in a diffferent inquisitorial henchmen warband:

gallery_92948_12550_42767.jpg

I guess they're fine to have been speed-painted, the OSL will hopefully catch attention and distinguish them from the rest of the unit.

The first one looks pretty sinester with that hood... Both the =I= and the pistol aren't glued to the mini and can be exchanged for a chaos icon and a rad carabine, as he's also part of a unit of cultist that I converted to Skitarii Vanguards of the Dark Mechanicum.

med_gallery_92948_12550_71237.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_81893.jpg

This one is based on the cultist leader and will act as such when I use them as cultists though his icon is glued so... He'll be psychic cultist.

med_gallery_92948_12550_78383.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_122598.jpg

The last one is defenitely my favourite, with the Cthulhuesque look that the tentacles give him! Also he fits perfectly the them I was going for with this army. His icon is also exchangeable for a chaos banner.

med_gallery_92948_12550_40108.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_100791.jpg

I also finished the Ordo Hereticus Inqusitor, the Brazen Lord. I'm very happy with him, he has turned out pretty well considering I spent aprox five minutes assembling him (I was pretty short on time and was exhausted from modelling assassins...):

med_gallery_92948_12550_117220.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_116051.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_18905.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_31913.jpg

At last a group shot of the four:

gallery_92948_12550_416077.jpg

Hope that you like them , any feedback is welcome!

You've totally outdone yourself brother these conversions are killer as is the paint and I wouldn't guess you'd rushed them if you hadn't mentioned it. The tattoos are EPIC!!!! did you do them with a micron pen? or with a tiny brush? I use an Army Painter "The Psycho" for mine seems to work ok but I've heard good things about the pens. And it's only fair making you consider another army since you keep tempting me to do the same ;) Seriously you and your damn fancy assassins tho.

Wow you really have a knack for painting white! Stellar freehand painting too, love the tattoos on the inquisitor.

Thanks! Actually both white and black are the colours that I'm worse at painting, but they look so cool together I had to include them in my new scheme (to the point that they're the ones that I use the most :P)! About the tattoos, the model I was working on was pretty plain, so I needed to add detail through painting and though it could look good, glad to see that you like them!

You've totally outdone yourself brother these conversions are killer as is the paint and I wouldn't guess you'd rushed them if you hadn't mentioned it. The tattoos are EPIC!!!! did you do them with a micron pen? or with a tiny brush? I use an Army Painter "The Psycho" for mine seems to work ok but I've heard good things about the pens. And it's only fair making you consider another army since you keep tempting me to do the same ;) Seriously you and your damn fancy assassins tho.

Thanks for the kind compliment! The tattoos are heavily inspired by your work ;) and no, they're not done with a pen, just a brush and black paint, that said I've also been seeing awesome things done with the pen so maybe I'll try it at some point (ads a note to the pile of techniques to try out)... And you know you want some assassins, you've read Nemesis after all hehe...

I managed to finish the seven acolytes during study breaks and cutting from sleep-time, but they're done!

gallery_92948_12550_286225.jpg

So now I have a painted army!! Just bases and weathering left! I made a couple of pics of the whole army, first the Corrupted Inquisition part:

gallery_92948_12550_160182.jpg

And the whole bunch including the assassins and another Inquisitor I converted some time ago, the Harvesters of Souls Infiltration Force:

gallery_92948_12550_101805.jpg

gallery_92948_12550_247946.jpg

So, what do you think? I hope that they look better with bases, I will go for swamp-like ones like my other HoS. Also, if you think there are a lot of assassins there's still one Vindicare left ;), which a friend is going to lend me. I sent the other day my army list to the tournament organisers to be checked and they said it was very "original" :P!

Pd: I tried using two different lightsources for the images, but I'm not very convinced about the result, those double shadow are bothering me a lot, do you think it is better if I return to the old photos with a single lightsource?

The acolytes are looking great! For your overhead shorts the shadows are a tiny bit distracting but not a big deal. Good luck at your tournament!

Thanks brother, will have it into account, but will probably reserve it for bigger shots in where a single light isn't enough.

So the inevitable happened and I got distracted from my tournament project... but I have a good excuse! I ran out of astrogranite for the bases and won't be able to get more until at least Tuesday, so I have today and tomorrow to work on everything I'm getting for my birthday!!

First I got a Start Collecting: Slaves to Darkness box. As I'm not playing AoS much and when I do it's with my dwarf army, not my chaos warriors one, I decided to convert them to 40k. Inspired by the conversions made by Thamier, Augustus b'Raass and Vairocanum using AoS chaos models to make power armoured guys I ended up with this:

med_gallery_92948_12550_139737.jpg

Overal I'm pretty satisfied with him, though he's not finished (still have to ornament a little his legs armour). After everything I said to Augustus b'Raass I couldn't just leave the boots, but now I understand much better why he did it, it's going to be a pain to model power armour legs for a whole army! :P

This said I'm not fully convinced about the back pack just sprouting from his cape, do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this?

med_gallery_92948_12550_177562.jpg

With the StD Start Collecting box also comes a unit of chaos knights (the cavalry not the titans ;)) and I'm not sure about what I'll end up doing with them. After seeing Sabaton live yesterday I'm very tempted to convert them into Chaos Winged Hussars and using them as chaos bikers... which brings me to my other conversion of today as I also got a box of actual Chaos Bikers:

med_gallery_92948_12550_621403.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_371405.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_761312.jpg

This is still very WIP but you can see where I'm going, the idea of chopper Chaos Bikers has been on my head for years, I'm so glad I finally got some!

So what do you think, could I turn AoS chaos knight into 40k chaos winged hussars? And would it look good besides the chaos bikers?

The box also has a chariot and I was thinking of turning the horses and riders into more winged hussars but what do I do with the chariot itself and the sanguinary beast?

Okay so this afternoon I'm going to get more astrogranite ttexture paint o continue basing my assassins, but yesterday I managed to finish my first converted marine and start two more. I really like the shape they are taking, the fur over the shoulders gives them a menacing look, but they all have more or less the same pose and changing this kit is quite difficult. On the other hand Harvesters of Souls are supposed to be slow and static so it's not necessarily a bad thing...

gallery_92948_12550_409586.jpg

med_gallery_92948_12550_308704.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_325628.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_372808.jpg

The one with the sword, who is going to be the units champion, is still uncomplete and I hope to add many more details to him. The one with the banner is also very WIP (he even hasn't his legs finished) but I wanted to ask you, how do you think that the mk III helmet looks with the chaos warrior powerized armour?

Also I managed to work a little bit with Magnus, I made his chest armour connect better with the higher horns, but didn't have time tho take pics, sorry...

The chaos chopper bike looks great! The sculpting on the chaos warriors is really well done! I like how you've sculpted over the original torso instead of just replacing the chest plate, I think it fits really well. Also an idea for the chariot itself would be to turn it into some sort of smaller daemon engine? Looking forward to seeing more!

Archived