I ran out of likes for this awesome update! I love the split mask with the 'x' eye on it! I also just love the overall look on the test mini!

Additions to the ship are also pretty sweet! For a tantalus I had been thinking of having the two raiders side by side with some width apart and a 'middle platform' between the two where the staircase met. They would lead up to another, upper tier raider (or maybe one of these air ships as I had forgotten about them) that would be the VIP/pleasure & leisure center of the barge. You know, for the good times :)

As for an army I think all the Eldar have great rules. It is really tempting to build a force and using farseers as dreamweavers and archons as princes but I'd like to have it consolidated into one force with one book. I already have enough to keep up for just chaos haha.

I ran out of likes for this awesome update! I love the split mask with the 'x' eye on it! I also just love the overall look on the test mini!

Additions to the ship are also pretty sweet! For a tantalus I had been thinking of having the two raiders side by side with some width apart and a 'middle platform' between the two where the staircase met. They would lead up to another, upper tier raider (or maybe one of these air ships as I had forgotten about them) that would be the VIP/pleasure & leisure center of the barge. You know, for the good times :smile.:

As for an army I think all the Eldar have great rules. It is really tempting to build a force and using farseers as dreamweavers and archons as princes but I'd like to have it consolidated into one force with one book. I already have enough to keep up for just chaos haha.

Thanks! I'm quite glad with it too, and think the army will look cool when painted. And now I really want to see that tantalus idea executed!

As for having multiple codices, it is actually an advantage for competitive play as it just gives you more options.

The female Harlequin looks good.

Thanks, I really like how using Escher models turned out.

I love the nautical feel of these models, cool stuff. I usually just wait for chaos stuff to pop up but these are really nice.

Thanks a lot, I think the "nautical" feel, as you say, gives them a bit more of a viking feel, which is what I was looking for. I'll start posting Slaanesh stuff again after I have this army built, when I'll have to alternate between the two.

Dude that test model looks so good, and we get to see a whole army painted like that? Fantastic. The ravager is looking great too, love all the details you've sculpted! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks brother! Sculpting details like the ravager hull is always fun. As for more, here you have MOAR!

The Starweaver is done (bar the shuriken cannons, which I'll pick up later:

Sc980U6.jpg

M7MroT5.jpg

TIyLtdR.jpg

rw6unTX.jpg

CValHYp.jpg

And then the three troupes are assembled too (with some models even primed).

Hv6L5jB.jpg
I've dedicated a lot of time into each character composition as I think each corsair should have a lot of personality, after all it takes a bit of uniqueness to leave aside your craftworld/ comorragh/ masque to follow the path of the exile. I fear I might end up writing a small piece of fluff for each of them, such as the Forgotten Knight of this squad, whose origin is unknown to the rest of his peers, they only know he wields a suit of armour like the legendary warriors of old, and smites his foes under his two handed blade with the grace of the wind.

Also wanted to show a close up of how I'm making the harlequin's caresses, more claw like, some like a small lightning claw:
Vs23GiH.jpg
 While on others I even attempted joints:
r2cLlZq.jpg

Second troupe:
yB1PzIc.jpg
Again, lots of character into each player, I'm going to have a great time painting these!

The third troupe:
L7NaeK0.jpg
The banner is still missing the top detail, I thought I would look cool to add a huge A freehand.

And the army so far plus 5 kabalites and a shadowseer:
pZ7eMgo.jpg
I just need another vehicle of each for sunday and an archon and troupe master!

Looking good! I love the start of the paint job! With the freehand work. I also love the white and red striped sails as it reminds of my old LEGO pirates and I find it fitting for space elf pirates.

Looking good! I love the start of the paint job! With the freehand work. I also love the white and red striped sails as it reminds of my old LEGO pirates and I find it fitting for space elf pirates.

Thanks, yeah red and white stripes are somehow associated with caricaturesque pirates and vikings, I thought it appropriate too for the army :P!

Yesterday there was a small couples tournament to which I attended with my Anarchy Thunders as it was only 1250 points (2500 per couple) and didn't ask for painted models. While I was a bit ashamed my army wasn't even primed, I wanted to try out how they fared in a more competitive environment. It suffices to say that I won the tournament to express my satisfaction with their performance.

This was my list:

Battalion Detachment - Harlequins (Soaring Spite)

Shadowseer

Troupe Master

- Fusion Pistol

- Harlequin's Kiss

5x Troupe

- 2x Fusion Pistols

- 2x Harlequin's Caress

5x Troupe

- 2x Fusion Pistols

- 2x Harlequin's Caress

5x Troupe

- 2x Fusion Pistols

- 2x Harlequin's Caress

Solitaire

- Cegorach Rose (Enigmas of the Black Library)

Starweaver

Starweaver

Starweaver

Patrol Detachment - Drukhari (Kabal of the Black Heart)

Archon

- Warlord: Labyrinthine Cunning

- Venom Blade

- Writ of the living Muse

5x Kabalite Warriors

Ravager

- 3x Disintegrator Cannons

Ravager

- 3x Disintegrator Cannons

A starwever and the solitaire are not featured in the photo as they where lent to me (from the commission I painted :P).

caG95um.jpg

And my partner's:

Battalion Detachment - Craftworlds (Ulthwé)

Autarch Skyrunner

- Warlord: Fate Reader

- Shimmerplume of Achillrial

- Laser Lance

- Banshee Mask

Farseer Skyrunner

- Singing Spear

20x Guardian Defenders

- Shuriken Cannon Platform

5x Rangers

5x Rangers

Crimson Hunter Exarch

- 2x Starcannon

Battalion Detachment - Craftworlds (Ulthwé)

Warlock

Warlock

20x Guardian Defenders

- Shuriken Cannon Platform

5x Dire Avengers

- Dire Avenger Exarch

5x Dire Avengers

- Dire Avenger Exarch

Wave Serpent

- Twin Shuriken Cannon

- Shuriken Cannon

It was a great deal of fun, playing a game against two Ork players, another against Haemonculus Covens and double riptide Tau and the final against two Chaos armies featuring Magnus, Mortarion, Ahriman, 4 Daemon Princes and 60 Cultists between others. We won all thanks to the mobility of both our armies which allowed to score a lot on Maelstrom of War and place our units well at the end for end-game objective markers, a very potent turn 2 alpha-strike due to the 40 guardians deep striking in and the harlequins charging and some defensive shenanigans thanks to the inherent -1 to hit of the starweavers and the eldar -1 to hit strat. I did find a lackof anti-tank though, but think that will be solved in my 2000 points list when I add a third ravager and some Talos pain engines.

CrBjmWz.jpg

iJw3w9P.jpg

On other news I didn't post pics of some of the units I completed because of lack of time, so here you have my Troupe Master, Alissara "White sorrow", with her Harlequin's kiss and microphone-fusion pistol:

0jOUymL.jpg

dsbr20M.jpg

O94PvKF.jpg

And my Archon, Oden the Crazy, who wields the head of a very powerful Farseer connected to his own neural system, granting him the power to glimpse into the future (representing both his re-roll auras), but taking away a fair bit of his sanity, making an excellent commander when combined with his psyber-raven Hugin, which he uses to pry on the battlefield gaining a superior knowledge of his enemy's position representing his CP recovery system), even though he's still contemplated with doubt by the warriors he leads due to his awkwardness:

9Q0hxJ7.jpg

yIf4GKw.jpg

wCcm9Nr.jpg

Did the bird mainly as a reference to Norse mythology, but I'm not sure if I should ditch it, what do you guys think?

Also still have to show two tanks but I need to add a couple of details to them before they're completely finished :sweat:... I'll post them soon though!

Very characterful models

Always a pleasure to have a look

Thanks Mikhal!

As promised yesterday, I finished my other two skimmers, so here you have the second starwever:

itGGsZK.jpg

7jGeCD8.jpg

Higva1g.jpg

Q9jlzyC.jpg

Just saw because of this pic I still need to fill a whole in the back...

lTni4g9.jpg

lllhDsD.jpg

And my second ravager:

vzFCzUM.jpg

Whose hull looks definitely less impressive than the last one, but the idea I had in mind didn't come out as planned...

hBtDThw.jpg

JPWlqJw.jpg

j3h408i.jpg

dfc93my.jpg

And the Anarchy Thunders fleet so far:

jyjNinx.jpg

This finished means I should be back to painting!

Awesome to see the corsiars turn their hands red with the blood of prey! And congrats on the victories they reaped. I have to concur that elder(all of them) mobility is just such a great boon. Even those darn dark elder bikes with their low cost are amazing. Like you said you can get them onto far off objectives easy late game to snag more points. Or you can be like my buddy who will have them charge and tangle up my big, bad nastys early in games to take away my shooting. And that just movement, not taking in their shooting or fighting into account.

I also must say Oden the Crazy is awesome looking. I like the background and the way he is modeled to back it up. I also just love how he is holding that severed head.

New skimmers are looking great as well!

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome to see the corsiars turn their hands red with the blood of prey! And congrats on the victories they reaped. I have to concur that elder(all of them) mobility is just such a great boon. Even those darn dark elder bikes with their low cost are amazing. Like you said you can get them onto far off objectives easy late game to snag more points. Or you can be like my buddy who will have them charge and tangle up my big, bad nastys early in games to take away my shooting. And that just movement, not taking in their shooting or fighting into account.

I also must say Oden the Crazy is awesome looking. I like the background and the way he is modeled to back it up. I also just love how he is holding that severed head.

New skimmers are looking great as well!

Thanks! You do sound like you want to try the space elf shenanigans out ;)! 

Mimir's head was actually based on this:

HOylGFm.jpg

Wow they all look fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing these painted up after you showed us that awesome test model! I hope to see some more cool free hand!

Thanks Vairo, painting those ships is quite time consuming though!

This is one of the better armies I can remember seeing, everything is just too cool. I think the paint looks great so far, can't wait to see more. And yay for upcoming slannesh stuff:)

High praise indeed, thanks a lot! I have too many projects...

Sorry  for the late reply guys, but have been doing some secondary sculpts but a D&D campaign and, while I did make some painting on the first ravager, I've taken a big commission as I need to pick up some models for the list (two crimson hunters, I've settled for a craftworld detachment instead of covens one after some games) and a Morathi for AoS, between others. so yeah, you can insult me as much as you want for loosing my focus, but I've been commissioned a huge Adeptus Custodes army which will consist of Trajan Valoris, 3 Allarus Terminators (with a vexila), 9 custodian guards, a regular vexila, 9 Vertus Praetors and 3 Shield Captains in dawneagle bikes. It is basically what you need to run the most competitive possible pure custodes list with trajan added because the customer liked him (and 2 allarus and a regular vexila which are leftover from boxes). And I've already finished a test model:

QRBV9g6.jpg

7fdeh2n.jpg

VZwv4cy.jpg

Based of the Solar Watch scheme, I must say I like this much more than the usual golds. Also having him hold the axe with both hands involved a lot more of conversion work than I thought, so I left the second one almost untouched. I need to make the marble of the base better, but am quite happy with the rest. i guess at least you can be sure I'll be finishing this project as it is a commission :sweat: ...

Yeah, I do have some space elf fever that may be getting some attention thanks to Kill Team. Debating which elder faction to go with and how I will really model them. I was thinking of using DE Reaver's helmeted heads, DE scourge torsos as I like the vials on the back, and some DE running legs. Other than that I am all blanks so if you have any pointers to spare...:happy.:

Good to hear commission work is keeping you busy! It's always a surprise when you show off what you got and this custodes does not disappoint. That color scheme is gorgeous and you've executed it well! Please keep us updated with that commission as you go along with it!

• 1 month later...

So, it's been  while, turns out not even in summer I get a rest... Sorry for the late reply.

Oh i like the colorscheme and conversion of the custodes

Thanks, Trajan Valoris and 6 Vertus Praetors have been finished since then, will have to take pics...

Yeah, I do have some space elf fever that may be getting some attention thanks to Kill Team. Debating which elder faction to go with and how I will really model them. I was thinking of using DE Reaver's helmeted heads, DE scourge torsos as I like the vials on the back, and some DE running legs. Other than that I am all blanks so if you have any pointers to spare...:happy.:

Good to hear commission work is keeping you busy! It's always a surprise when you show off what you got and this custodes does not disappoint. That color scheme is gorgeous and you've executed it well! Please keep us updated with that commission as you go along with it!

I don't dig kill team much I must admit, I think Necromunda does the function of a skirmish narrative game much much better, but DE are cool however you play them, mixing AoS witches and scourges would make for some awesome dynamic poses and badass models. The custodes commission is still going on, while Trajan and 6 Vertus Praetors have been finished, I have to do 2 more terminators and another 6 bikes, will photograph what I have as soon as possible.

That's a very cool alt scheme for the Custode and the Escher-based test model for this troupe looks brilliant, the mask especially.

Thanks, I must say I like them better than the usual gold, though it is a pain to paint... 

So, right now I have 4 big ongoing projects:

- My DoK/ Slaneesh force, which is on low priority right now, as there's no AoS tournament I'm going to in the near future, nor I'm playing Slaanesh in 40k.

- My 30k Harvesters of Souls who have finally come back as a 30k campaign has emerged in my store (hadn't played 30k since 8th dropped) and I just couldn't say no! Of course I had to make a couple of additions to the army, which now features the Gashadokii (which I previewed literally years ago) and a dreadclaw. 

The Gashadokii are, as you can read about in the lore-post I have in the first page, the substitute the HoS have for dreadnoughts, the souls of the fallen warriors bound to mighty Castellax automata:

bA925jQ.jpg

OMgj0e4.jpg

L4kGFL4.jpg

RGBPStk.jpg

NiWampq.jpg

nIUL7La.jpg

The Dreadclaw I made using a GW drop pod and plasticard, using the inner part of the doors to support the outer spikes. I must say I'm quite proud ofthe final result, as most attempts of converting dreadclaws usually only involve cutting the upper part of a drop pod and gluing it on the lower part, but I wanted mine to be more similar to the awesome FW design:
NeAFtxf.jpg

Zph7ipm.jpg

1QQkawk.jpg

hv58VC3.jpg

- Then I have my custodes comission, in which I've progressed quite a  lot but haven't taken pics of the models, which are already at my local store, will try to take them next time I go...

- And at last there is my Corsair army, which is top priority right now as I'm taking them to a tournament in October and still need to build a third ravager and 15 rangers (and paint it all), though for now I'll leave you with pics of my Windrider Farseer count-as, Estrathain (from the Path of the Outcast book) in a grav-bike, done mixing a damn lot of bits, including a kharadron skywarden balloon for the bike:

d0k6x8F.jpg

HyhteHb.jpg

kMsY4qu.jpg

Great to see an update my friend and what you've got is a treat!

The Gashadokii look sweet with the extra trim and those claws emphasize they are not something to be taken lightly. I also love the dreadclaw conversion! That's pretty nifty! Estrathain also looks fantastic and that is a heck of a jetbike he has there. Both the rider and the bike look great together!

I still have not played Necromunda:wacko.: I was planning on getting the Escher to use as my gang and cultists for my Black Legion but that fizzed out. I have actually been digging KT since its easy to set up/take down & quick to get in games. Playing KT has kind of killed the desire to play big games.

Looking forward to seeing you wrap up the custodes and seeing a group shot! It will be nice to see that out of the way to see you work on your personal projects.

Great to see an update my friend and what you've got is a treat!

The Gashadokii look sweet with the extra trim and those claws emphasize they are not something to be taken lightly. I also love the dreadclaw conversion! That's pretty nifty! Estrathain also looks fantastic and that is a heck of a jetbike he has there. Both the rider and the bike look great together!

I still have not played Necromunda:wacko.: I was planning on getting the Escher to use as my gang and cultists for my Black Legion but that fizzed out. I have actually been digging KT since its easy to set up/take down & quick to get in games. Playing KT has kind of killed the desire to play big games.

Looking forward to seeing you wrap up the custodes and seeing a group shot! It will be nice to see that out of the way to see you work on your personal projects.

Thanks for the compliments! I guess kill team is not my kind of thing, it falls into a weird spot for me, if I want a game in the 40k setting I play 40k, if I want a smaller sized game I prefer necromunda, if I need faster more tactical games I already got shadespire...

Very impressive, I loooove the dreadclaw. And the claws on the robots, looks fiddly!

Thanks, I must say I'm quite proud of the dreadclaw myself and yes, the claws are indeed very fiddly...

Today I bring you quite a lot of progress on my Anarchy Thunders army, since I've spent a lot of time on then this weekend. 

First up, I finished a ravager, the Jormungandr, and already have the second haflways done:

Hyp8eSx.jpg

r9EDJy7.jpg

6MbMMlA.jpg

lCt8N2M.jpg

Second, I finished building my third ravager, to which I added a drakkar-like prow:

alBFzzH.jpg

2odzAq5.jpg

7flX2Ui.jpg

gc2XLtU.jpg

And third, I converted 15 of my old corsair reavers into rangers using Kharadron guns, which unfortunately means repurposing some of my old models. With this the craftworlds component of my army is finished, which I'll show fully as I've realised I had only uploaded pics of my farseer:

lx9m8We.jpg

First new thing is my Crimson Hunter Exarch, which basically has some of the regular crimson hunter bits inverted and additional hemlock parts, as well as a kharadron "power ball" to tie him with the rest of the army:

LKtAoo3.jpg

0xDc4yB.jpg

uzVji1Y.jpg

rVyjjKo.jpg

fc31Qzk.jpg

Then, I also finished my windrider warlock to go with my farseer, which is a key part of this list when playing against tough things like an IK, Magnus or Talos to jinx them:

AtN7tLU.jpg

hGdyLdD.jpg

xVgzDyH.jpg

PUvtfmi.jpg

And, at last, there are my rangers, which I know that are really absurd and no way that looks like an sniper rifle, but I didn't really go for realism here, I just think they look too cool. Except for the ones who are holding it up with a single hand, which are quite goofy but, as I said, this are based on older models and I didn't want to destroy them too much:
ynhjxMo.jpg

MnqIvhP.jpg

VKY7t0q.jpg

Also this afternoon besides getting them primed and giving them the first base of the whites, I made a test model to see how they looked and I'm quite happy with him, what do you guys think?
45K4X8p.jpg

WfydNdl.jpg

Imgur.com is screwing you over. All I see are the words "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available"- there are no pictures of your work.

Fixed it in theory, for some reason Imgur deleted the images from my album, but I could still see them from the computer... Imgur has been giving me a lot of errors recently, but with photobucket gone, me finding Flicker uncomfortable and the B&C gallery messing my already poor pick quality I don't know to what image hosting service to change...

I have no problem with seing the pictures from my phone (Android), and btw : excellent work ! I would never have thought the mix of eldar and karhadron parts could work sont well ! Love thé steampunk feel of this army

Archived