IA - The "Black" Legion

bluntblade

Unless it's 40k, where the knife is a massive sword, and the massive sword is in fact a powerful daemon that eats souls.

I dunno, I just feel like Drach'nyen as a sword is as much a badge of office for the "Chosen One" of Chaos as it is an iconic weapon. His weapon in 30k might be significant, but I doubt it would have the same impact as him wielding Drach'nyen.

I know. But do you know this stok phrase? Very popularin germany

Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight

A)...unless you are a Space Wolf (...or Khorne Berzerker)

B) Why not a gunblade?

No not of the Revolver-Longsword Squall Variety from FF...

...but a 30k Dark Age of Technology Version.

A heavy sword with a blood ridge (correct term!?) That doubles as a half-barrel for an in-built Archeotech Gun or so. (Well hidden)

Something to startle and betray your enemies with during one of those "honorful" "heroic" duels for the fate of the galaxy.

...and grimly execute them with, after ramming the sword into their chest. (Blade hits heart 1 - shot hits heart 2 and surrounding organs)

B) Why not a gunblade?

How very dare you sir. That weapon is the coolest, manliest :cuss: outside of the Warhammer universe, speak another word against it and I will destroy you. :angry:

A heavy sword with a blood ridge (correct term!?)

You mean a Fuller? (thank you Man-At-Arms) Edited by SanguiniusReborn

B) Why not a gunblade?

How very dare you sir. That weapon is the coolest, manliest :cuss: outside of the Warhammer universe, speak another word against it and I will destroy you. :angry:

A heavy sword with a blood ridge (correct term!?)

You mean a Fuller? (thank you Man-At-Arms)

Not that I'm not a fan of it.

Just that it is the most known example, even though blades with guns is quite a common thing among historic weapons (with questionable uses, though).

Squall's just isn't grimdark and gritty enough.

And yes, fuller is what I meant.

What do you guys think?

I pondered a bit more about the idea.

It would be pretty fitting for a Chaos Weapon that can change form (maybe even ammo?)

And it mimics the Emperor's finest (Custodes) weapons, which have in-built bolters or flamers (custodes contemptor sword) - just in a more nasty, tricky and bloody way.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Not that over the top gun swords isn't already a precedent in 40k, but I don't feel like its necessary here. Drach'nyen is already the most powerful daemonblade in the galaxy (besides the blade of Antwyr, but who even knows). Making it also a gunsword just seems extra and would detract from that imo.

:cool.: Why not a gunblade?

How very dare you sir. That weapon is the coolest, manliest :censored:: outside of the Warhammer universe, speak another word against it and I will destroy you. :furious:

I dare. The Gunblade is plain ridiculous, not only in concept (you shoot a gun cartridge to make the blade vibrate and hence cut more... really?) but also in rendition (how on earth are you supposed to hold that as a sword???) c'mon man!

However, I must say that I agree with Drak about not making Drachn'yen into a sword-gun combo. However, that could still be Raiden's second weapon? after all, he can't very well have the Talon of Horus, but something similar would still be awesome no?

Yeah, like that as well.

Another way could be a separable sword like that of WoWs Varian Wrynn, Shala'mayne. Fused, a great sword, separated, two one-hand swords.

• 1 month later...

So I have a lot of catching up to do, and would appreciate any aid on that part on how the setting has changed, but regarding Raidens title, I tend to favor 'Athrawes the Everchosen'

I miss warhammer fantasy greatly, and that little nod makes me both nostalgic and I feel suits Raiden more than True emperor or, the Stormlord (which was Icarion's title if memory serves).

He is what Icarion could never be. Icarion was so eager to wrest control of the Imperium from the Emperor at the end that he was willing to relinquish control to the Chaos Gods for the power to defeat the Emperor.

Icarion resisted the Chaos gods until he broke, and relented and became used by them in order to win. At the last, he died because of his weakness and his inability to stay in control, instead of becoming a pawn.

Raiden bore witness to how the chaos gods used Icarion when he relinquished himself to them for their power. He watched and and he remembers. Victory for the Traitor Legions is not Victory for the Gods. The gods want civil war and eternal bloodshed, but Raiden wants to rule the Imperium like his father before him. 

He has the vision, and the strength to unite, for a time, the myriad forces of chaos and lead them to war, and so the Gods view him as another means to eternal war, Like Icarion. Each God vies for his allegiance, tempts him with all the power they can grant, if only he pledges himself  wholly to them. 

The Gods need him to bring bloodshed to the Galaxy, He Is the Chosen champion of Chaos undivided.

Raiden is the chosen of the Pantheon, but he refuses to choose any one god, and refuses deamonhood.

Each time that the Chaos gods are spurned by his unwillingness to commit to them and become theirs completely, they lose interest and seek out another champion to rise up to challenge him, to replace him with a avatar more pliable to their whims, a Pawn like Icarion that they can control through the promise of "just enough power to achieve everything you have ever wanted"

But it never works. 

Each time the gods champions are knocked back and Raiden becomes ascendant once more. 

And so each time the gods return to him, they choose him, they tempt him with power and the cycle continues.

He is the Everchosen of Chaos.

+++++

In comparison, the Ruiner sounds sort of silly.

Raiden wouldn't view his actions as attempting to bring things to ruin. That is what chaos wants, but It's not Raiden's goal. He wants to rule the Imperium, not ruin it.

Edited by Athrawes