IA - The "Black" Legion

bluntblade

If I may say that the Predators would rather fit Tzeentch instead of Slaanesh.

As both Andezo and his Legion were mere pawns in the greater schemes of Tzeentch and his minions, it would be feasible to create a fitting character. Besides, I've already dedicated one surviving tribe to Tzeentch, the Spirit Breakers. Venerating their psykers / shamans as beings of wisdom and other-wordly-ness (was that correct?) it is likely that they would be the ones, who would pledge themselves to the other realm of spirits.

I'm not saying that they are Thousand Sons 2.0, but the tribe from which they recruit regard their shamans and thus, this "believe" was brought along with the Mardumian recruits.

Instead of a stereotypicall psyker, said champion could rather be like those Warhammer Fantasy Vikings, a mortal general of the Spirit Breakers, gifted with certain blessings for his potency and cunningness, instead of being a natural born psyker. OR a berzerker-ish champion, feinting and scheming on the battlefield, being more like a rogue than a typicall brutish chaos worshipper.

I think it's supposed to be 'otherworldliness'.

While I think a psyker would still be preferred by Tzeentch, I do like the idea of a Tzeentch champion who relies equally or more on his cunning than his power.

Blunt, alright, I defer to Dohrak. We should try to involve/debut him in the Blood Crusade.

Blunt and I discussed one of the Naagloshii or Wendiigo as a champion for Tzeentch since the Naagloshii are all about using the Warp to change themselves and the Wendiigo are all about knowledge they gain from eating their enemies. Plus they were all going to fall to Tzeentch anyway as Skin Walkers.

No offense, but we already got our Sigismund from the Iron Bears. Wouldn't it be more diversified if we'd take the chaos champions from different Legions?

*edit*

@Simison: Yeah, a psyker would be more likely but at the same time so predictable. In canon, we got an entire Legion of psykers dedicated to Tzeentch, including the most powerful mortal psyker in Ahriman. Following this rout might seem like we're devoid of imagination or lacking diversity.

My thoughts on our chaos champions:

Khorne: not a "brainless" berserker; rather a tactical genius bound to honor, refering to the "old" Khorne who loved waging war and not bloodshed

Tzeentch: already mentioned; a cunning being, more relying on skill and scheming than intriguing + psionic might

Slaanesh: no noise marine; maybe something like a pirate-ish warlord, enjoying adrinaline and the heat of battle (plus juicy desires of flesh)

Nurgle: something like a crazed alchemist; carrying the plagues of Nurgle with him and releasing them ad libitum, a former Apothecary most likely, once dedicated to find a cure, now twisted into the bearer of deseases and death itself

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Kelborn

One has to wonder why the alpha Legion are not dedicated to tzeentch. One aspect of tzeentch is the change. How bout shapeshifter plus cunning?? Could lead to much confusion, maybe add to the predators Fall.

The Corsair fits to the drowned

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

No offense, but we already got our Sigismund from the Iron Bears. Wouldn't it be more diversified if we'd take the chaos champions from different Legions?

No offense taken, it was a suggestion from an old idea before we had finalized the 18 legions we have now. That being said , Redd needs a rival still maybe someone from the eagle warriors.

No offense taken, it was a suggestion from an old idea before we had finalized the 18 legions we have now. That being said , Redd needs a rival still maybe someone from the eagle warriors.

Alternatively it could be Ajaway, or someone from the Godslayers (Kharkovic?) as a grudge from the Day of Revelation carried over through the years of the Insurrection and on into the depths of time (possibly all the way through till the 41st millennium).

Blunt and I discussed one of the Naagloshii or Wendiigo as a champion for Tzeentch since the Naagloshii are all about using the Warp to change themselves and the Wendiigo are all about knowledge they gain from eating their enemies. Plus they were all going to fall to Tzeentch anyway as Skin Walkers.

Actually Redd, you've given me an idea. In canon, we know who the Arch-champions are because they're the ones with rules in the Chaos codex. Since 40k came before 40k, all 30k is a kinds of origin story for the Arch-champions because we know they survive to 40k.

But we're not limited to that script. What if we 'seeded' several potential Arch-champions for each Chaos god? Not only does this keep the audience in the dark about who does make it to 40k, but it gives us a wider roster of villains that we can 'spend' on certain events to give them more gravitas.

For example, take the Predator Arch-champion and the Naagloshii Arch-champion ideas. We plant both of them, but only the Predator one makes it to 40k. The Naagloshii terrorizes the Imperium for thousands of years, until he/it is slain in the 8th Black Crusade in M36. Or the Jolly Slayer and Dohrak become these great champions of Khorne but despise one another, until that rivalry ends when Dohrak kills the Slayer in M34. 

And Blunt has been asking for more characters. 

Actually Redd, you've given me an idea. In canon, we know who the Arch-champions are because they're the ones with rules in the Chaos codex. Since 40k came before 40k, all 30k is a kinds of origin story for the Arch-champions because we know they survive to 40k.

But we're not limited to that script. What if we 'seeded' several potential Arch-champions for each Chaos god? Not only does this keep the audience in the dark about who does make it to 40k, but it gives us a wider roster of villains that we can 'spend' on certain events to give them more gravitas.

For example, take the Predator Arch-champion and the Naagloshii Arch-champion ideas. We plant both of them, but only the Predator one makes it to 40k. The Naagloshii terrorizes the Imperium for thousands of years, until he/it is slain in the 8th Black Crusade in M36. Or the Jolly Slayer and Dohrak become these great champions of Khorne but despise one another, until that rivalry ends when Dohrak kills the Slayer in M34. 

And Blunt has been asking for more characters. 

Gives me more room to invent so I'm in favour

So, here's the current roster we have:

Nurgle: Alexandar Kharkovic

Khorne: Jolly Slayer, Kehl Dorak

Tzeentch: Predator Character, Naagloshi Character

Slaanesh: Drowned Character

So, anyone else want to put forth candidates? Should Malis be a candidate or is he reserved for the Black Legion proper, Blunt? Should we pick the true Arch-Champions or do that in PMs to hide the truth until we're ready?

I recall an unnamed Traitor Serpent being floated for Slaanesh (Viper Fangs are bound for Khornate corruption alongside the Berserkers, I think). Weren't the Morning Stars also heading that way?

Malis is really up to you. Do we have any Legions who'll have no particular allegiance like the Iron Warriors and Fallen Angels?

Edited by bluntblade

Aren't the Grave Stalkers undivided as well?

And the Predators aren't dedicated to a certain god as well. Because of them being fractured, you could count them as undivided as well.

Then i would suggest the FB page because it is a closed group and the decissions made don't Seen AS it they were just from a few ( you can only add 3 peps to the pms)

By the way: a champion oft tzeentch who has givrn himself a New Name in 35k with no known Legion origin could be cool. So we could lay out some hints etc like Gw did with the blood ravens.

Gives some Sender oft mystery and wee could establish a lot of chars who could fill the Bill but die, disappear, resurrects and the reader has to guess who was it.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir