+Burning of Prospero: Conversions & Ideas for the New Box+

Major_Gilbear

So with the new Burning Prospero box released this weekend, and in the vein of the older BaC thread here, I thought it was time for a new thread for conversions of the models in the new HH box.

I personally found the earlier thread really inspirational, and I am sure that some eager folks have already managed some great-looking conversions - so let's see them please! biggrin.png

I was hoping to use the Custodes vexilla hand on the tartaros terminators for a command squad standard bearer, but it was looking like too much work to be worthwhile.

I have, however, used the plasma blaster on a BaC terminator and it fits really well.

Should have a few slight conversions/kitbashes by the end of the week, just need to play around with the models proper a little bit more.

I do have to say, though (and I've said it several other places) but damn, the Mark 3 armor is sexy.

... just remembered, I actually do already sorta have a Prospero-based conversion that I did yesterday. The main body of the model isn't quite finished yet, so that'll have to wait a couple days.

That sorcerer is incredible. ohmy.png

Wow, that sorcerer is great. I'm not so sure about the dreadnought greave shield, though.Otherwise the modle looks nice as well.

Where is the blade on the sorcerer's weapon from?

Thanks :) Quixus, what is it that puts you off the shield, ooi? The blade is from one of the Varanguard spears

That sorcerer is incredible. ohmy.png

Wow, that sorcerer is great. I'm not so sure about the dreadnought greave shield, though.Otherwise the modle looks nice as well.

Where is the blade on the sorcerer's weapon from?

Thanks smile.png Quixus, what is it that puts you off the shield, ooi? The blade is from one of the Varanguard spears

Mostly a chainglaive and shield looks weird to me. While a polearm and a shield isn't unheard of, the way he is holding the glaive does not look like he would use a shield. Secondly the shield curves too much around the arm (more like an ill-fitting bracer than a shield) .

My BoP minis will be getting a decent number of conversions.  But at least the tartaros terminators seem like they need to be painted in about 5 pieces so it could be a bit before I have anything to show.  Especially since all my 30k Salamander terminators have scaled cloaks and that is a two day process in and of itself.

Still a work in progress (need to do some green stuff work and add my purity seals) but here's two Tartaros Terminators I've made so far for my Word Bearers.

Also, sorry for the really :cussty picture quality. Just made them in a rush.

14885971_877724922363055_1292664535_n.jp

14877933_877733419028872_1997090256_n.jp

So, in a small fit of inspiration after watching a certain show's season premiere, I fixed up the Sergeant for the Squad, and I am damn proud of him, honestly.

Two words to give you a hint at who he's inspired by.

No Exceptions..

14886296_877814135687467_578496540_n.jpg

Here's a couple of bits I've been toying around with so far, still very WIP. Sorry for the bad pics. I've got builders in atm, so no access to my normal lighting.

First up is a model designed to pull double duty as a Tartaros Sergeant or a Librarian as needed.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq107/khorneguy/14900610_10154707404274036_2018001631066860416_n.jpg

This one is less based off the box, using the DV Master model instead, but I made good use of Ahriman's helmet. I'm calling this guy a Pyrea Astromancer (used as a Master of Signal).

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq107/khorneguy/14937428_10154707404604036_7596570774682266378_n.jpg

So, in a small fit of inspiration after watching a certain show's season premiere, I fixed up the Sergeant for the Squad, and I am damn proud of him, honestly.

Two words to give you a hint at who he's inspired by.

No Exceptions..

14886296_877814135687467_578496540_n.jpg

... Dude.

Thats just...

Best terminator ever.

What do you guys reckon about using the Tigrus bolters from Betrayal at Calth on the MKIII marines?  Would they look to small?

I kinda prefer them to the ones in the Prospero box, plus I'm having a nightmare clipping them from the sprue - The part which attaches the top of the bolter to the sprue in particular

What do you guys reckon about using the Tigrus bolters from Betrayal at Calth on the MKIII marines? Would they look to small?

I kinda prefer them to the ones in the Prospero box, plus I'm having a nightmare clipping them from the sprue - The part which attaches the top of the bolter to the sprue in particular

Tigrus fits just fine and looks smooth.

Where exactly do you put the ammo clips on the new mk3? I've had a hard time with them. Also note that the chainswords go over the butt plate hanging of the belt and not from the bottom of the backpack like the swords with the mk3.

Where exactly do you put the ammo clips on the new mk3? I've had a hard time with themy. Also note that the chains words go over the butt plate hanging of the belt and not from the bottom of the backpack like the swords with the mk3.

I've been trying for so long to fit them to the back packs and now feel like an idiot.

Archived