+Burning of Prospero: Conversions & Ideas for the New Box+

Major_Gilbear

That Terminator is awesome Noctus! What are those shoulder pads from?

The lest shoulder is actually a gut plate from the Khorne Warmonger pack. The right shoulder pad is from the Khorne skullcrusher box.

Is his weapon named Lucille by any chance...

Her name is Lucidia, but close.. she gets real thirsty though ;)

Currently carving, scraping, and filing away the wolfy bits on Geigor. The wolfpelt covering his loins will be replaced with chainmail sculpted from greenstuff. A little more greenstuff will cover the area where his combat blade's scabbard would be. And finally, I'll replace the bolter with either a charger or a combi-bolter. I'll find a suitable head replacement somewhere, probably just by removing the neck on one of the Mk III bare heads.

If all goes well, I shall have myself an IW Centurion. If not, I'll make a note of lessons learned and consign the model to the shelf.

Currently carving, scraping, and filing away the wolfy bits on Geigor. The wolfpelt covering his loins will be replaced with chainmail sculpted from greenstuff. A little more greenstuff will cover the area where his combat blade's scabbard would be. And finally, I'll replace the bolter with either a charger or a combi-bolter. I'll find a suitable head replacement somewhere, probably just by removing the neck on one of the Mk III bare heads.

If all goes well, I shall have myself an IW Centurion. If not, I'll make a note of lessons learned and consign the model to the shelf.

You're braver than me...I just saw how goddamn unique the characters are and just traded them at my FLGS for more Tartaros ;)

You're braver than me...I just saw how goddamn unique the characters are and just traded them at my FLGS for more Tartaros msn-wink.gif

Not an option for me, sadly.

Is it heresy that since I had no use for Geigor as a space wolf that I made him into a knight errant/deathwatch captain?

Can't be worse than mine. I'm using him to convert into a Skyrar's Dark Wolf for my Khorne Berzerker squads.

Here's a VERY early stage Ahriman->Librarian conversion. I lost my small dremel collets in the move somewhere so I have to go to lowes tomorrow to get a new set so I can re-carve some parts. Namely the front 'plates'. I don't know if I want to cut up the sides to make it a stack of scrolls or recarve armor plates. Once my Dark Fury packs come in he's getting one as well.

14936960_10154161655393737_1032655627_n.

Not quite as impressive as Noctus' Terminators, but decided to try out a little kitbash:

gallery_78067_12186_6501.jpeg

Not sure though... any thoughts?

He looks very pleased with himself!

I think it's the noticably big eyes before paint - but otherwise would be a cool version of Tartaros. Maybe add some more rivets and such to complete the heavier MkIII look.

Once he's yellow he'll look ace!

I think it's the noticably big eyes before paint - but otherwise would be a cool version of Tartaros. Maybe add some more rivets and such to complete the heavier MkIII look.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, definitely could try adding some rivets. I'm sure I'll get around to painting him eventually: hopefully it'll work out okay.

Another picture - whether it's actually better or not is for someone other than me to decide. I certainly find it more evocative.

med_gallery_78067_12186_474358.jpg

Thanks for the input. Yeah, definitely could try adding some rivets. I'm sure I'll get around to painting him eventually: hopefully it'll work out okay.

Another picture - whether it's actually better or not is for someone other than me to decide. I certainly find it more evocative.

Definitely think the new picture helps! There was something a little odd about the first one, but turns out it was just the picture!

Definitely think this is a cool variant of the tartaros! Looking good!

I'm liking it. Kinda reminds me of the iron man MK 1 armor.

Some of my new characters made from the kit. Primarily kit bashes but some conversions in there.

Forge lord with jump pack (in order to keep up with the thallax)

med_gallery_82040_10175_10183.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_38708.jpg

He is made up primarily of the Prospero box, including the chest, thunder hammer shaft, legs and arms. His forward shoulder pad and helmet are modified forgeworld, and his jumppack/servo harness is from the sang guard and the arm off a missile launcher pack. The axe blade (still very wip and chaosy) is from an axe from one of the chosen in DV.

All of the greenstuff work is my first real attempt at "freehanding?" it with putty, and is still wip and un smooth (especially the axe join).

Not to fussed with the mechanicum logo though!

Banner/ Herald

med_gallery_82040_10175_52282.jpg

Again nearly all Prospero besides the helm chest and banner. I made this guy up as a herald and the power armour equivalent of my terminator bearer when I run my praetor with artificer instead of terminator plate (also a kit bash between FW and Prospero, but is up in my log already).

Both are also as of yet rather plain, no VI legion markers yet to make their fealty obvious.

Keep the good stuff rolling,

DimDim

Damnit Psycho I want to go all out mk 3 now. This is making my mk 3 vs mk4 debate very hard on me lol

DOOOO IIIIITTTT.... ;)

I've made a conversion for to give my NL cataphractii an autocannon from the tartaros set, not a big conversion but can take pics if people want?

Yes, definitely.

Archived