+ + + LEGENDS OF ANGELS 2016 + + + (Liber Edition)

Grand Master Belial

• 2 weeks later...

What I have so far, if you haven't seen it in the Fanfiction forum.

Darkness.
Darkness was the last thing Mulagar saw, back to back with his brothers. Gavrak, his plasma cannon firing continuously, not caring for the damage done to his bionic arms, the light illuminating the silver skull on his pauldron. Baramel, his beautiful swordsmanship cutting down the invisible foe with every swing, but more arose to take their place. Rototh, psychic energy crackling in his hands as the bio-electricity coursed through his force axe, the feather of his cult prominent on the handle. Loren, his power fist crushing the head of a warp entity like a fly, the pale white of his armor stained with daemon blood. And Mulagar himself, his hand covered in both his own blood and the enemy's. Even now, he could feel the Nostraman blood pulsing within him, pushing him,to move, to run away, but he was so tired. Rototh screamed at him, telling him to stay awake no matter what, but what did he know. In all this carnage, he remembered a saying his best friend had told him long ago.
Don't you know Mulagar? You should care for all creatures, for we all cut from the same cloth. Dust into dust, as Lorgar teaches.
What a fool he had been, to think his brothers above treachery.

--- The Emperor Protects ---

The Night Lord surveyed the palace, as Imperial Fists patrolled the walls. He sensed a presence behind him, and his hand reached for his bolt pistol. If he listened to one more damned refugee, he swore by the Crusade -
"Calm yourself Mulagar, it is I. What have I done to make a fellow brother so upset?" persuaded the Imperial Herald as he leaned against the railing.
"You know full and well what upsets me Waur, and I am no mood for your mind games." said the legion orphan even as his scowl lightened slightly. Waur, the Imperial Herald in his robe the color of a Nostraman gulray's skin, tossed him a dataslate, which the former Night Raptor caught with ease.
"Ready yourself, Malcador is sending Achron into enemy territory. I expect you to have your oath of moment done and be ready to deploy in 5 hours." The legionnaire departed before Mulagar could respond, a pale ghost among the gold of the sons of Dorn.

--- An Empty Mind is the Breeding Ground of Heresy ---

The bridge of In Stars Born was spartan, the only lighting coming from the holo-screens on the console's. Ironic, considering this was a IIIrd legion vessel. The other Knight Errants stood attentive, listening to Waur's briefing, but Mulagar let his eyes drift. He still hear Waur of course, but he had already screened the briefing before, as was his duty as sub-commander. His eyes wandered among the new loyalists among them, mainly the Alpha Legion defector and their new Dark Angel Overseer. Both had fought admirably in their first mission, especially considering it was their first time openly combating the traitors. Still, the Night Lord thought that the Son of Caliban, Mariel, was unhinged; he had nearly killed an Imperial Fist that suggested that the Lion might be traitor. On the other hand, Rorze, the defector, seemed like a trickster. All through their last battle he had simply baited the Sons of Horus into ambushes and hallways trapped with mines, so much so that no one but he realized that the Alpha Legionnaire had gotten the most kills out of any of the Agents of the Emperor.

I, Lenoch, scribe of the captain of the Dawn Blades tenth Company, in the name of the Emperor, make this oath of moment to submit a completed story detailing the history of Scout Librarian Tirus from his first experience with an Astartes, to his induction into the ranks of the Dawn Blades proper.

It's a good thing I have a big chunk of this written anyway, otherwise I'd never get this done. ohmy.png I had better get moving to finish it.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330504-legends-of-angels-2016-liber-edition-capt-lenochs-entry/

Here is my Liber Entry, clocking in at 2000 words precisely (I'm weird like that), not counting the 'signature' and the line breaks. Enjoy, everybody.

Relaaax. You've got until midnight on the 6th. He says. Barely having written anything yet. *sigh* It's going to end up being another last-minute thing again, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I do not feel confident at all. I scrapped my previous attempt and now I'm trying a completely new draft knowing that I'll have maybe an hour after work to get something halfway decent done. Geez. unsure.png

Well, my story is only about 1500 words, and it has a second half I haven't written yet, but it does stand on its own, and may well be more interesting as-is. Anyway, please do leave a reply, I really appreciate it, and thanks to Grand Master Belial for running this event.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330671-legends-of-angels-2016-stories-of-the-ecclesiarchy/

The Liber Astartes have certainly rose to the occasion and delivered some awesome reading. Everyone should be proud of their efforts. I will work my penance and finish my own story and so would encourage those who missed the mark to continue their stories and finish them and post their links here.

A special thank you to the Moderati for allowing me to continue this event and will look forward to running this again next November.

I will update the initial post in the morning.

Cutting it very, very fine but here is my meagre offering for the challenge, my brothers. I have none but myself to blame for first putting off the work and then binning the original story. Anyway, I hope you like it. Or, at least, not find it terrible. ;)

Archived