Scars !

MrBadweed

Really cool miniz here !

The black legion band as mutch as the exiled raven guard ! Just like I said earlyer we are in the same page you and I :wink:.

Maybe their is to mutch colors that atract the eyes, you should stay on the red and let the green for the eyes to catch up the attention imho.

Anyway keep on like that that's a really cool job here ! :smile.:

Malchy

Edited by malcharion

Hello !

@Malcharion : Thanks so much dude, i do think i am going to tone down the colors, maybe get rid of the gold that does not really fit and tone up the eyelense's green. On another note i really like your concept of "red-marked" and would like to adapt it to my version of Kaedes Nex if it's okay with you ! ;)

Now i have another conundrum. I want at least two Dark Fury Squads, but the talons scream "RAVEN" a bit too much for me, the fluff mentions that the Xeric favored the Axe as a weapon, recieving one after their first kill, thus so i have been playing with the idea of dual chainaxe wielding jetpack infantry using forgeworld bitz.

Then i found this online, and now my mind is filled with images of HUGEAXE wielding  maori-mongols, eerily silent as they rampage through traitor filth.

Here's the problem though, the models would not  be WYSIWYG and not fit the rules for the Dark Fury's master crafted lightning claws. I'm turning my mind around for justification, from "techno-arcane waraxes" to the effects of the Jovian Campaign mixed with the ash-blind curse of the XIXth. Or just call it rule of cool and roll with it. So i'm asking you guys, would you accept the justifications as valid ?

Mr.BW

Firstoff, fething hell. These are gorgeous. The amount of patience you must have to go the full distance and beyond for your freehand....

Secondly! The 2handed axe is cool. But it might be a bit much for every squad member to have.

Maybe for the squad leader?

Either way, I'd be thrilled to play against your army, as long as all the counts-as was explained beforehand.

Edited by SalvationOfReason

Hello !

@Malcharion : Thanks so much dude, i do think i am going to tone down the colors, maybe get rid of the gold that does not really fit and tone up the eyelense's green. On another note i really like your concept of "red-marked" and would like to adapt it to my version of Kaedes Nex if it's okay with you ! :wink:

Yeah go ahead man ! It's cool with me ;)  Just for the records. My "red-marked" Oromatua is in fact a pariah genes bearer. The red marks are a ritualistic way to keep this emptiness aura inside the armour in time of peace. They are rapidly overwhelming when things get bloody nearby though ^^..

The axes look great Btw ! :)

Malchy

Hello !

Yeah go ahead man ! It's cool with me :wink: Just for the records. My "red-marked" Oromatua is in fact a pariah genes bearer. The red marks are a ritualistic way to keep this emptiness aura inside the armour in time of peace. They are rapidly overwhelming when things get bloody nearby though ^^..

The axes look great Btw ! :smile.:

Thanks ! that's good to know, it does indeed carry the soulless depths predator vibe a lot :smile.:. THe Axes are Out of Stock so that's a bummer :dry.: .

med_gallery_80876_12557_15268.jpg

Oh Forseti this kitbash all of my yes

Hehe, thank you :wink:. I had this image to guide me as to how i wanted the praetor to look. I think i managed to capture the spirit of it. He's not so much the Legiones Astartes Officier and more a return to his Terran warlord roots.

Really cool stuff here, great freehand. That tartaros captain conversion with the bloodletter head is amazing!

Cheers ! That particular Bit had been loitering on my desk for a couple of years now .

I never really dabbled in green stuff, mainly the odd joint or gap in some models, and only the big ones, i can't be bothered on the smaller ones, soplease know that i blame Nemac Vradon and his Tartaros conversions :wub.: for this :

med_gallery_80876_12557_21409.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_368489.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_218231.jpg

Mor Dethyan Equivalent WIP

Edited by MrBadweed

This afternoon's progress :

med_gallery_80876_12557_279414.jpgmed_gallery_80876_12557_278477.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_259058.jpg

Hope you like it ! I was hesitant to do markings on the cape at first, it supposed to be camo and all. So i toned them down. The cloak's gonna be weathered with the orange pigment so they are gonna be less visible.

The Black Legionnaires look top notch.

Raptor torsos and arms paired with MkIV legs by any chance?

Yep ! That's exactly it ! I would have used the chaos marine legs but the kit didn't age well Imo :smile.:

Mr.BW

Edited by MrBadweed

Brilliant !! You nailed it ! For me this one look perfect ! The markings are well placed, the colours touch on the eye is perfect and the cloak is really cool that way !

Keep on this way ;)

Malchy

Hello !

@Malcharion : Thanks ! i did one more highlight on the eyes. As for the symbols i am still hesitant at times, i'm trying to establish a recognisable pattern across all of the minis as you did with yours. so still working on that .

@Race Bannon : Thank you ! The birds are from the game Zombicide. A bit tricky to work with but worth it .

I finished the Mor Dethyan :

med_gallery_80876_12557_135710.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_103546.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_406128.jpg

And a WIp of my count as Alvarex maun, Master of Descent :

med_gallery_80876_12557_142580.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_235881.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_89234.jpg

Mr. BW

Edited by MrBadweed

I've found it easier just to sculpt a little bit of banding onto MkIV and MkVIII parts myself - these newer kits have much crisper detail.

Master of Descent looks great, where's the flowing topknot from?

Edited by Mister Feral

I'd bet cash money yes from one of the Sisters of Silence... swear that one of the heads has a topknot that looks just like that.

Good work on those guys, MrBadWeed. Especially like the last two guys with the Ravens: they look very nice.

Hello !!

I've found it easier just to sculpt a little bit of banding onto MkIV and MkVIII parts myself - these newer kits have much crisper detail.

It was the initial plan, it ended with lamentations and gnashing of teeth through utter lack of green stuff skill :tongue.: . I really dig what you do with the red corsairs btw, the subtle piraty corruption is spot on .

By the Emperor, that is what I have been looking for!  Double like if I could :thumbsup:

Thanks brother !

I'd bet cash money yes from one of the Sisters of Silence... swear that one of the heads has a topknot that looks just like that.

Good work on those guys, MrBadWeed. Especially like the last two guys with the Ravens: they look very nice.

Aaaaaaaand Pay up :biggrin.:  ! Almost there though, it's a Custodes top-knot !

I need a pause from painting, so i'm gonna work on some more More Dethyan, and maybe a THunder Warrior or two....

Mr.BW

SO MUCH EPICNESS!!!!!! between you and Malchy there's no way I'm gonna be able to resist making some space sharks ;) you've done some amazing conversion work here brother your models are so full of character without being too busy combined with your wicked awesome freehanding skills I NEED MOOOAAAARR!!!!

Hello !

SO MUCH EPICNESS!!!!!! between you and Malchy there's no way I'm gonna be able to resist making some space sharks :wink: you've done some amazing conversion work here brother your models are so full of character without being too busy combined with your wicked awesome freehanding skills I NEED MOOOAAAARR!!!!

Thank you very much ! i'l do my best for more :wink: .

Really good work, the Master of Descent is awesome, I like a lot how you use the birds to give the model height, surely he will outstand from the rest of the army.

Thank you ! It was the intention, that and intensify the sense of movement. I will be adding crow sto the mor dethyan and other key figures as well :smile.:. Considereing the proto-carcharodon theme i could have gone with seagulls, but i feel they have a lack of gravitas :biggrin.: .

Now here's somathing i have wanted to do for a while, the painting is not the best but i like to think it conveys the brutality of the animal, i might go back do some touch ups, noticibly the eyes,

"Bellator Tonitruantes"

Low Gothic - Thunder Warrior -

"Alas, for them, the warriors of caged thunder and with whom lightning smote, they have burned the brightest in glory, but burned brief."

Remembrancer Dolvar

med_gallery_80876_12557_181849.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_316335.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_364903.jpg

Mr.BW

Edited by MrBadweed

Hey !

Holy smokes this is an epic log! Is that a thunder warrior?!

Thank you and Yes it is !. I spliced one of the AoS BloodReavers with some other bitz i had lying around, It stands about a head taller than a terminator :). 

Mr. BW 

That Thunder Warrior is absolutely incredible! Quite possibly the best treatment of the subject I have seen so far!

And what is it with the awesome Raven Guard threads lately? Between yourself and malcharion, the least interesting legion is suddenly looking rather exciting! That really messes with my feels, you know? ;)

That Thunder Warrior is something beautiful, truly. Very much carrying an Inq28/Unification-era Mad Max feel.

Between you and malcharion, I'm feeling quite inspired, and thinking it might be time to put together my old XIXth Legion Veteran Assault Company... maybe. We'll see.