The Rekindled

Ashen Crows Contemptor Dreadnought

gallery_94809_12559_14758.jpg

gallery_94809_12559_479.jpg

gallery_94809_12559_26755.jpg

gallery_94809_12559_8445.jpg

gallery_94809_12559_33210.jpg

Finally the Ashen Crows have a Dreadnought, I love dreads ( I have 6 for my iron hands army haha). Really happy with how this came out, the embers took a while not looking forward to doing the embers on a larger model haha.

He looks even better with paint, the brazier at the top is great! However I'm not too keen on the blue of the dreadnought claw, it doesn't mesh too well with the rest of the model in my opinion...

Although thr contrast is somewhat great. Just imagine the claw is activated and ready to strike.

I like him but on your smaller minis the lava effect pops more. Maybe bigger or simply more?

I imagined the claw like a powerfist where the energy field is active. As for the embers annoyingly their wasn't really tonne of space to do large ember patterns. I will definitely

be doing some once I get a larger model.

• 1 month later...

Haha thanks, not at the moment no, I've been very. Yay with working on "The Legions Reborn" project. Basically it's myself and 15 others replacing the existing legions with our own. Inspired by the Brotherhood of the Lost.

We don't have a public page yet, we woudlnof had one soon but we've had our Khorne and nurgle legion back out so.

I should hopefully get round to finishing my 2nd tactical marine squad soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Leviathan Time

med_gallery_94809_12559_16480.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_51977.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_40429.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_44271.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_35923.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_55299.jpg

med_gallery_94809_12559_23605.jpg

Now that I'm settled in a uni I thought I'd get back into some painting. Having a good size heresy Iron Hands force that I don't use often I thought i'd take on of there leviathans and transfer it over to the Ashen Crows. Super happy with how the free hand came out, what do you guys think?

The Leviathan Dreadnought looks AWESOME, but why are parts of him orange? Is the siege drill hot because the Dreadnought used the weapon against enemy armor that was weakened when his flamers set it on fire? Are the orange markings on his right side battle damage that enemy attacks inflicted, or glowing runes the Techmarine carved into the Dreadnought's armor? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

The Leviathan Dreadnought looks AWESOME, but why are parts of him orange? Is the siege drill hot because the Dreadnought decided to enemy armor that was weakened when his flamers set it on fire? Are the orange markings on his right side battle damage that enemy attacks inflicted, or glowing runes the Techmarine carved into the Dreadnought's armor?

The Embers are on all my guys they represent them burning themselves away for humanity. The Drill I wanted to look firey, like it had an energy shield like power fists do.

So what have I been so busy with?
med_gallery_94809_13812_47924.jpg

The Legions Reborn: An Alternate Heresy
Myself and 17 others for the past 2 months have been working on an alternate heresy where the existing legions are replaced with 18 originals ones. The Ashen Crows of course are there as the XI legion. We hope to have a public page sorted by the end of the month so you guys will be able to find out more.

We are reworking quite a few aspects as well, we're re-introducing Malal into the lore as well as reworking the Squats into a more serious faction called: The Astra Kazadi.

I hope to update you guys about it soon but until then expect some more Ashen Crows, maybe i'll finally get my 2nd tactical marine squad finished haha.