Brotherhood of the Endless Steppe [Scimitar Squadron p.#111]

ShVagYeR

Sounds good, but I hate to burst your bubble as far as the Sagyar Mazan go - they died to a man fighting Mortarion. You can certainly have Terrans though - perhaps differentiate them with more typical swords, axes, what have you.

Sounds good, but I hate to burst your bubble as far as the Sagyar Mazan go - they died to a man fighting Mortarion.

All the Sagyar who answered the call died

There could be Sagyar out there who didn't hear the call...or refused

Hibou Khan is a pretty major character...no mention of him on the Swordstorm

While this sounds awesome fluff-wise, how would you go about it as far as rules go? Would allied detachments work?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, it's just my knowledge of HH rules is so limited I'm genuinely interested if that would be possible. :)

Your 5 first mini are really awesome. I love your Scars !!

The feeling is mutual. :D Last night I assembled the 6th one and kinda stole your idea for a fur-lined helmet with a spike on the top. However instead of greenstuff I used a helmet from some old WFB bits. I'll post the result once I paint him up. :)

You've convinced me. I do like the idea of a bunch of Scars and Ravens who actually get on really well. Heck, throw in some Loyal Death Guard and you'd have a seriously lethal warband.

...or to get creative

A Sagyar Mazan band becomes Black Shield and then joins RG in that capacity

Maybe the RG are Terran and Black Shields as well?

Very well then, now that I've become more comfortable with BaC bits and the color scheme, I've decided to experiment a litttle more and do a vexillifer with some strong Mongol themes.

07_tactical_a_06.jpg

This picture is outdated. Please scroll down to post #45 for new pictures with an updated shield. :)

Again many thanks to One-eye for coming up with the fur helmet idea that I borrowed on this mini. :smile.:

Edited by ShVagYeR

That helmet idea is really nifty.

If you're looking for more banners banners suitable for the White Scars, I'd check out the Dark Eldar and Chaos Marauders. The former have those awesome Khitan/Chinese/Japanese-esque back banners, and the latter have those tattered rag banners that can be attached to the backpacks.

Well it was a productive weekend. :) Seven down, only three left until the complete unit.

08_tactical_a_07.jpg

Not much bling on that one other than the plume taken from some old Eldar or Dark Eldar bits, not sure.

I wasn't entirely satisfied with the shield on the previous model, so I painted some dark red contours to add depth. New pictures below:

07_tactical_a_06_shield.jpg

07_tactical_a_06.jpg

Replies:

Grieux - Thanks!

Isinfier - Yes I have some Dark Eldar bits. Got to look into Chaos Marauders once I make a squad with bare heads. Thanks for the tip!

Brother Pheidias - Thank you! The vexilia is also a borrowed idea from one of B&C's plogs, although I can't remember for the life of me which one. :)

One-eye - Thanks! I'm thinking the nuncio-vox operator will also have a shield.

noigrim - ...so I put a helmet on top of your helmet so you can helmet while you helmet. ;)

b1soul - Hahah yes, my buddy said a similar thing: it's cold in space so the fur will come in handy. Well it's Warhammer so it doesn't have to be 100% practical. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I managed to get some hobby time in during the festive season and the result is the 8th Tactical Legionary.

09_tactical_a_08.jpg

Replies:

Sith'ari - Thanks, trying my best to keep up some standard. :)

Vinc - Advice taken and implemented above. ;)

b1soul - Thank you! There will be a shield on the next model, I'll try to find a suitable Mongol pattern to copy.