Malchy's WIP thread : Kohuru head hunter squad (up 12/10)

malcharion

superb, would love to see your works in a whitedwarf one day

THIS!

Are those guys checking the different communities as well? If not, go contact them, Malchi!

It looks astonishing! :O

Hi everyone !!

Cheers budy ! I would love to but that's a kids dream ^^

Most impressive.

Thanks a lot Bjorn ;) 

THIS!

Are those guys checking the different communities as well? If not, go contact them, Malchi!

It looks astonishing! :ohmy.:

Haha :) ! Twice in a row ^^

I think that my photographs skill are not good enaugh to try to send theme something yet ^^ I hope soon :p

That Knight is simply breathtaking, you've outdone yourself with this one Malchy...

Thanks men ! Really apreciated ! Because on this one I've sincerly tryed to do just that ^^

I've missed quite a few awesome updates. I am really digging the color you have on the knight and on that warrior.

I especially like the theme on the knight! The head is very striking.

Thanks Hushrong ... After all this dark blue, black and grey it's a real pleasure tu work on something as bright as this knight :)

Your freehanding is just nuts! Lovely stuff all around.

Thanks Marcus ! This means a lot I really love your work on the death guard ...YOUR weathering is nuts !

Malchy

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody !! And Thanks a lot Xin Ceithan !

I've made some progress on my Dark Eldars army those days, here is some WIP pictures :wink:

A squad of kabalite warriors waiting to be based :

917906DSC06048.jpg

244719DSC06047.jpg

434132DSC06046.jpg

Then I've try the scheme on an Incubi warrior :

263999DSC06050.jpg

And finally I've started painting the army's big boss who have spend too much time hanging with the mandrakes it appears ..

187090DSC05976.jpg

Well still a lot of work to do but the army is taking shapes ! :smile.:

As usual more pictures on our blog :

http://armeedeschauves.blogspot.fr/

And comments are more than welcome and appreciated :wink:

Malchy

It still takes some getting used to seeing xenos on the B&C but those are some beautifully painted dark eldar. care to share the recipes for the armour and the orange glow on the weapons?

Thanks ! Yeah of cours for the armor I use two coats of kabalite green thined down with lamian medium (so that the aspect is between a wash and a glaze) over a white base and after that I shade it a bit with coelian greenshade also thined down with lamian medium.

For the weapon it's a blazing orange over white base with a yellow gradiant (you can add some white to the mix for an extra glow) ; ).

The orange gradient on those splinter rifles is very nicely done, as is the the Archon(?)'s blade.

Thanks a lot ! Yes this is an Archon indeed ^^

Damnnnnn! That Mandrake Lord looks fantastic :tu:

Thanks a lot man ! :)

Lovin’ it! The color is awesome and when paired with the dark eldar it’s haunting!

And I want one of those mandrake lords too! That is such an awesome conversion!

Cheers hushrong ! I alway want an original theme for my army and this sylvaneth mandrake things is juste the sparks that I needed for this one ! :)

Been away for a while (a few months) and i am back to find this gem!

Amazing work on the Carcharodons!

Thanks budy ! And welcome back ^^

Man that is one serious colour scheme, really liking it. Looks really evil and enticing

Glade you like it ! It was time for my colors scheme and my painting to evolve toward something brighter after all those dark SM with white faces ^^. This means new challenge and then hopefully progresses.

Wow what a fantastic paint job! The blade on the boss especially looks brilliant, definitely looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks for the praise be sure you will see more dark eldars soon !

Brilliant stuff. The turquoise is masterful and the pink makes me want to throw up. Really like the archon conversion, great use of the sylvaneth parts.

Thanks a lot ! Hope that I'll manage to get more vomit with those skined flesh finished :p

About your Knight: How big must that leopard have been that its hide covers so much of that shoulderplate? :huh: :D

Edit: Those DEldar look GOOOOOD!!! :yes:

Thanks Lord ! Haha you said the exact same thing that one guy on our french blog about the pelt ^^

And it's too bad that we reduce the all univers of w40k at the animals we know .. I like to think that the univers is large enaugh with all this planets and differents fauna to easyly imagine panthers with the size of a rhino tanks or a totaly different xenos beast with the same patterns .. think of all the terra forming programs, or of all the beast of Caliban, Catachan, Pythos, Dark heaven etc ... And lets dream a little ^^.

So Yes the beast was large enaugh for a knight to fight it and earn a reward ;p.

Thanks for the eldars ! Glade you like them !

And thanks you all guys (especially you LordVelype) for following this thread so closely and your regular comments ! It means a lot ! :D

Malchy

Gorgeous Dark Eldar, great work brother!

Thanks bro ! ;)

Here is some work on the Mandrake boss :

486719DSC06057.jpg

705140DSC06059.jpg

239911DSC06064.jpg

915535DSC06069.jpg

So as you can see I get back to those night lords flaying hobby of mine (back to the old days)

And inspired by Nemac's try on non metallic gold, I've try it too for the first time on this guy. Still got to improve a lot on this but it could have turned worst ..:sweat: 

Malchy

That's a very unique scheme you have chosen for your Dark Eldar Malchy. I have to say I really like it and the way you paint the metals on your models is awesome. There is so much definition on the blades. What made you choose this colour for them? I ask because I have a Start Collecting: Dark Eldar box sat under my desk that I would like to start at some point but I don't want to go for a standard scheme and would like something unique also.

The Mandrake 'boss' is looking fantastic too. Looking forward to seeing it finished :D

Nemac

That's a very unique scheme you have chosen for your Dark Eldar Malchy. I have to say I really like it and the way you paint the metals on your models is awesome. There is so much definition on the blades. What made you choose this colour for them? I ask because I have a Start Collecting: Dark Eldar box sat under my desk that I would like to start at some point but I don't want to go for a standard scheme and would like something unique also.

The Mandrake 'boss' is looking fantastic too. Looking forward to seeing it finished :D

Nemac

Cheers mate ! For the colors the sol things that I wanted was a clear scheme for a change. . What's more original that a flashy Dark eldars. This statement was a start as for this color in particular I really loved Working on it when I was doing my knight. Back then I was thinking of a lot of things that I could do with some orange and weathering. The dark eldar was a perfect way to explore those ideas ;)

Go ahead dude ! Join the raid ! :p

That Archon is just wonderful. I love it.

On the Kabalites, I can't tell if the marks on the armor are intended to be weathering, or sprayed blood, or intentionally applied designs.

Cool if you can't say if it's blood or just rust/weathering

This was exactly the aspect that I wanted. Like "is that blood ? Or worst ? .."

Thanks for the comments guys ! :)

Awesome stuff on the Eldar, mate!

Though I prefer your Carcharodons. ;)

Have you seen the newest cover art for Outer Dark? It got a really good depiction of Bail Sharr. :D

Archived