Malchy's WIP thread : Kohuru head hunter squad (up 12/10)

malcharion

Hi everybody !

Thanks for the replies :)

@Bjorn : Glade you like Souleyba man :) in fact the Warband I made represente Souleyba and his delegation during a ritual trial that took time every years on Cayor. During this ritual Souleyba is wearing his ceremonial wargear. The shield and spear. When he enter battle in the Obsidian Fury he no longer need those ^^.

@bluntblade : Haha ! Thanks, the rise gad already begun brother. You could found their story in several post along with the pictures :)

@Hushrong : Cheers dude ! Really happy to read that ! The Grim dark aspect is something I really care about and I'm glade if I manage to keep it :)

Here is a little update on the Cayorian Ogryn :

eqARx.jpg

wDwvY.jpg

wDwY9.jpg

NX0DR.jpg

kVm2y.jpg

VmAdV.jpg

Still a lot to do but I'm having a lot of fun painting him :)

Malchy

Love how the House Joolan models are coming out.

Also, is it weird that as I look at them, I shudder slightly because I'm getting CivV flashbacks while looking at them :lol: Because their design, while very African inspired, also has a similar colour-scheme to the Aztecs in Civ V. In short, you have Aztec-coloured Zulus, which is a terrifying concept :lol:

Holy :cuss! I’m crying! This is off to a fantastic start! He is looking awesome and hot damn do I love the leopard! Ever since those Escher gangers came out I’ve been loving painted fur!

The pelt and turquoise are outstanding. Going to look so dope when finished. I'm impressed as heck with this whole little project, perhaps oddly the woodgrain on the shields has drawn my attention the most, it's really good.

Duuude that Ogryn!

Still loving your household.

Ever thought about integrating them in a wider setting like our BotL? They'd fit very well. Maybe not alongside my Preds (too much African awesomeness ;) ) but I can see them along a different legion or as a standalone. :)

@Kyknos : Hey budy ! Thanks a lot : ) Yeah I know i'm looking for a new name for my thread haha if you have a suggestion I'm all hears. As for the Cayorian Ogryn I liked the idea of a kind of Ogryn that evolve to better fit their environement but I understand that it's a personal touch not everybody will like.

"Evolution isn´t that fast! :yucky:"... But it doesn´t turn people into dwarfs in a few thousand years because of strong gravity, so yeah, well... :happy.:

Hmm, well the white faces- thing were quite a brand... hmm... :huh.:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody !!

I just came back from a long trip to Zanzibar far from the Hobby community but here I am ! :D

Thanks a lot for the comments ;)

@Gederas : Haha Yeah an original concept indeed ! Thanks !

@Hushrong : Thanks man ! I really enjoyed painting this pelt and glade I'm glade you like it !

@sockwiththaticket : Cheers dude ! :)

@Pearson73 : Thanks ! and perfect because it was the point ^^

@Kelborn : Thanks Kelborn ! Yeah I have think of integrating the Joolan in the BoTLS background one day but surely in order to explorate what could have become of them in the traitors side ;) (PS : there is never too mutch african awesomeness brother :p )

@Kyknos : Yeah I know but as always ... "Rule of cool ...". For the name I don't know if it was quite a brand yet ^^ but I don't know as my work diversify with the time I thought that another name for the thread was a good idea. Also I hope that people come in here because they enjoy my work more than the title of the thread ^^.

So it was time that I finished the Cayoran Ogryn, and in fact I've finished all the warband and I'm taking pictures of it for another post comming really soon. For now here is the finished Cayoran Ogryn :

agpAk.jpg

3Nnpa.jpg

nVPDJ.jpg

9aN5Y.jpg

Gnpa7.jpg

em71W.jpg

X2oxl.jpg

w1vXR.jpg

d7Lrw.jpg

N9nwg.jpg

PePNq.jpg

4NGRl.jpg

Hope you'll like him ! And stay thuned for the big article on the finished warband ;)

Malchy

Thanks you all for the praise brothers that was a real plaisur to go through that project with you ! :)

@Brother Lunkhead : Thanks brother ! :)

@KvK : Duuude so cool of you to stop by ! Really glade you like the Warband it means a lot ! My first brother of the VIII th ! When I look back to those glory days on " La galaxie en flammes " I see how my work have evolved along the years and it is a great motivation to see that you are still her after all that ! Thanks ;)

@Bjorn: Haha ! I will have to change the House moto now ! :p

@hushrong : Cheers mate and thanks for your suport all along this project and thread :)

@Mechanist : Thanks you, glad you like the project and the finished product :)

Malchy

Whaaaaaaaa?! How come no one mentioned this thread to me earlier, these things are amazeballs! I love this warband, it looks immense. I really liking the kitbash of the beefy guy, fun to see the use of parts and how well you have put it all together, very inspiring. I have a spare Rat Ogre ebayed from the old starter set, I should think of something cool to do with that.  I love seeing peoples work that just makes me want to try and make something awesome for myself.  This is another name I'll be keeping an eye on, awesome effort Malcharion. I love they aesthetic on these guys, and the paint work is really nice. I feel like I wont be able to go to sleep now when I go to bed because I feel to excited!

Archived