Malchy's WIP thread : Kohuru head hunter squad (up 12/10)

malcharion

• 2 months later...

OOOOOOHAAAA ! This thread is more dusty than a Thousand sons Kabal ! 

Well this is time to clean that up !

First of all sorry for the lack of update/answer lately, I've been up to several things that don't belong on this forum (mainly my first golden demon entry, witch is Aos, and finding inspiration for some AoS28 stuff .. witch I found :wink: ) .

Those of you that follow my threads long enaugh know that even if my passion for the hobby never leave me, my inspiration is as fluctuent as Nostraman friendship. My Mojo is in the rise until inspiration stab me in the back, leave me in the dark and the lack of motivation come to finish me off.

This never ending circle will see some "Gap" in my activitys here but I'm never to far :wink: .

So Thanks you all for your interest, comment and like on my Joolan Warband ! This was mutch apreciated and always help me to kick myself in the butt and get back to work :smile.: !

To put an end (for now) to the House Joolan warband chapter here are some pictures of the prices I win for the  First place to the "Blog dé Kouzes 10 years anniversary warband chalenge" for witch I created the warband in the first place :smile.:

The concept art of Maxime Pastourel (aka Morback and Mortarion designer among other things) Plagueknight :

54jj7.jpg

A mug of the Blog (for the Fanboy that I am) :

bgvK2.jpg

and all of it in my desk :

lmpg8.jpg

EOLLp.jpg

Now after that .. I'm back on tracks, with the sharks !!

I've always wanted originality most of all when working on my army. When the Primaris marines cames out I didn't know how to tackle them. The concept that I have developed for my army was already known and adapted to the new primaris by a lot of shark brothers and sisters out ther. I didn't wanted to have a common army back then and I wouldn't now. So I have to rack my brain to find another concept.  

For a long time now I'm looking for inspiration for those Primaris marines without finding something close to my already existing Carcharodon force and being also slightly different (As primaris are from older SM). Until it struck me and here we are :

The Kohuru Head Hunter squad :

(The first one)

YQbbJ.jpg

p2WWd.jpg

RlZZ7.jpg

vlaag.jpg

mwKK0.jpg

jYjjP.jpg

1XjjZ.jpg

(The others in WIP)

EOL1E.jpg

y5999.jpg

lmpp7.jpg

rjyyw.jpg

Those guys works as the Dark fury from the old Legion. Expert in surgical decapitation strike in the heart of the battle. Those are the best hunters/killers of the company, and they were choosen to undergo the transformation into Primaris. They all came from the same gene-line and have been selected by Nebriuson himself.  

Here we are for now ! I'll show you the rest of the squad as soon as I paint them up and I could maybe show you some of my work on my golden demon entry or a pics or two of the Aos28 I'm working on if I get the autorisation of an admin and if I find the spoilers of course :smile.: .

I've two Heads Hunter squad in progress and after that 20 intercessors to takle (if motivation and inspiration are still there ^^)

As always comments, feedbacks and advices are more than welcolme :wink:

See ya !

Malchy

Yay, more Space Sharks! :) So great to see you updating again! And the new models are, once again, phenomenal! And they also seem to arrive right in time for me to steal some ideas for my own Deathwatch Caracharodon ;)

By the way, would you like to name that guy for me, seeing how he was partially inspired by your army?

I can see where Quixus is coming from regarding the headcrests, but then again, they add such a cool, predatory look that I cannot fault you for including them ;)

I also had to smile at your choosing Morbäck's concept artwork as a prize (a well deserved victory, by the way) -- excellent choice! :)

Great to see you back! Congrats on first place and that sweet swag!

Your new marines are brutal and I love it! The work you’ve put into your carcharodons is stellar with the conversion, perfect extra bits, and that sweet paintjob!

Thanks everybody ! :biggrin.:

The Reivers/Dark Furies look great, especially the paintjob on finished one. My only nitpick is the headcrests. They are a bit much on a supposedly stealthy unit IMHO.

Thanks Quixus ! For the crest, as I say they act as the 30k raven guard Dark fury and those are not a stealthy unit :wink: (just look at those big wing backpack dude ! ^^)

To be precise here is the description of the unit that I found on the forge world website :

The Dark Fury Assault squads are the executioners of the Raven Guard, conducting focused decapitation strikes on enemy leaders whilst the carnage of battle rages around them. Far from subtle assassins striking unseen from the shadows, Dark Fury squads descend from great heights upon the silenced retro thrusters of their jump packs, into the very midst of their foe. Dark Fury Assault squads are equipped with vicious lightning claws and ornate jump packs fashioned after those carried by their Primarch, Corvus Corax. The squad’s leader, the Chooser of the Slain, wields exquisite and deadly Raven’s Talons, artfully and individually crafted lighting claws.

Hell yeah, man. That's a beautiful marine. I envy your workdesk too. Keep on trucking, brother.

Thank you Noctus ! I begin to be happy as well with my working desk :wink:

Been loving these sharks from the start. Great work on the new Reivers, the crests look ace.

Jawsome!

Haha ! Cheers man glade you like those sharks ! :smile.:

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

delicious. Good to see you active again, Malchy!  Great action selfie, too!

Augustus man ! Thanks to drop by :smile.: Hope I'll stay active long enaugh to drop some good amount of models on those pages (Your death guard work is truly something to behold and inspiring in this area ! ) 

Yay, more Space Sharks! So great to see you updating again! And the new models are, once again, phenomenal! And they also seem to arrive right in time for me to steal some ideas for my own Deathwatch Caracharodon

By the way, would you like to name that guy for me, seeing how he was partially inspired by your army?

I can see where Quixus is coming from regarding the headcrests, but then again, they add such a cool, predatory look that I cannot fault you for including them 

I also had to smile at your choosing Morbäck's concept artwork as a prize (a well deserved victory, by the way) -- excellent choice!

Kraut !! As for Aug' that's cool to see you too ! Feel free to salvage whate you want from my sharks, we are know void brothers after hall :wink:

For the name of cours ! You honor me :smile.:. I shall name him :  Komoharai Tetangi, known as "the quiet" in the deathwatch and comming from the ranks of the Oblivion's predator Strike force under direct recommandation of captain Nebriuson "The black watter Jaws". Is that ok ? :smile.:  ( looking forward to see him painted !)

For the Artwork it was an evident choice for me haha ! I didn't expected to get the possibility to choose a prize so when I get to choose first it was obvious for me, this piece of art is gorgeous and the sentimental value of it is worth all the other prices combine for me ^^

Great to see you back! Congrats on first place and that sweet swag!

Your new marines are brutal and I love it! The work you’ve put into your carcharodons is stellar with the conversion, perfect extra bits, and that sweet paintjob!

Thanks Hushrong ! Glade that you like this first primaris ! 

Your Headhunters are well done. I like the shark fin-like helmet crests. Did they come from Aeldari/Drukhari models, or from Tyranid models?

Hey Bjorn ! Cheers for the reply ! Those crest came from the  AoS Idoneth deepkin riders helmet ; )

I'm working on two more Head hunters right now, hopefully I'll have some update pictures soon enaugh ! 

Malchy

Yay, more Space Sharks! So great to see you updating again! And the new models are, once again, phenomenal! And they also seem to arrive right in time for me to steal some ideas for my own Deathwatch Caracharodon

I can see where Quixus is coming from regarding the headcrests, but then again, they add such a cool, predatory look that I cannot fault you for including them 

I also had to smile at your choosing Morbäck's concept artwork as a prize (a well deserved victory, by the way) -- excellent choice!

Kraut !! As for Aug' that's cool to see you too ! Feel free to salvage whate you want from my sharks, we are know void brothers after hall :wink:

For the name of cours ! You honor me :smile.:. I shall name him :  Komoharai Tetangi, known as "the quiet" in the deathwatch and comming from the ranks of the Oblivion's predator Strike force under direct recommandation of captain Nebriuson "The black watter Jaws". Is that ok ? :smile.:  ( looking forward to see him painted !)

Very well! Komoharai Tetangi it is. Interestingly enough, "The Quiet" perfectly matches the character archetype I had in mind when coming up with the model. Thanks for the excellent suggestions! :)

Very well! Komoharai Tetangi it is. Interestingly enough, "The Quiet" perfectly matches the character archetype I had in mind when coming up with the model. Thanks for the excellent suggestions! :smile.:

No problem bro ! That was a pleasur :) !

Great looking stuff! Wow!  And sweet work space too!

Thanks Rednekkboss !

Malchy

Hi everybody !! As I cant share with you what I'm working on beside my Sharks here (and as I think it could interest some of you)

I just put here a little link to our blog and my last work (in english) :)  

I hope you'll like it ! Dont' hesitate to say hello on here too ! Comments are always appreciated on our little blog ! 

http://armeedeschauves.blogspot.com/2018/09/aos28-witcher28-warband-partie-1.html

Thanks for watching ! 

Malchy 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

Since the BnC was out I'd some times to work on moar sharks of my Kohuru Head Hunter squad  :smile.:

r1X2D.jpg

]vw2Pd.jpg

4kZZP.jpg

1w1aE.jpg

5VwAb.jpg

A0dp3.jpg

mQRZG.jpg

2wddp.jpg

jGJEg.jpg

And since I get asked a lot, here is a full tutorial on how I paint my shark primaris :wink: ! Don't hesitate to leave me a comment  or feedbacks on the blog if you like the article ! It's always mutch apreciated (especialy when I spend such a time on a tutorial :teehee:  )   

http://armeedeschauves.blogspot.com/2018/10/40k-malchys-head-hunter-squad-tutorial.html?m=0

Here we are for the 40k part ! My painting time is quite limited by the fact that I work on my first golden demon entry. I can't show it here because it's an AOS ork but you can see some WIP pictures on my instgram acount (#Nebriuson) 

leave you there :wink: !

Malchy 

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa, some amazing stuff happened here while I was not looking. I have been considering using Idoneth for chaos cultists in Necromunda. Using them for Space Sharks is not that far a leap but using them and combining it with making a distinct look for Space Shark Primaris is a really neat idea !

Also congrats on being on Warhammer Community! Well played and well deserved, Sir!

Archived