EDIT: While I think about it, here's what I have so far for you to read through and give your thoughts.
Steel Legion Allies Matrix and Inter-Legion Attitudes.
• Lightning Bearers/Harbingers: Fellow Warriors- Nomus and his men respect the 1st and considers them exemplars of the Legiones Astartes but ultimately that's as far as it goes, the 1st's aloofness and the early bad history between the two means they are never close. Many of the Steel Legion also cannot help but wonder if the Ist would still be able to retain their primacy without their vaunted foresight.
• Crimson Lions: By Order Of The Emperor- The enmity between Hec and Nomus extends to their sons, the savage and antagonistic demeanour of the Lions completely at odds with the Steel Legionaries' logical, pragmatic mindset causing addition friction between the two legions, with accusations and insults being traded occasionally.
• Void Eagles: Fellow Warriors- The Steel Legionaries appreciate the 4th's professionalism and bluntly pragmatic approach for the most part, finding their no-nonsense behaviour refreshing when compared to others like the 3rd or the 7th. However this does vary depending on the Great Fleet they are dealing with at the time. Additionally, the SL do find the VEs' opinion that Astartes are weapons and nothing more sit ill with the sons of Saepio, who admit that although made to be weapons that is not all they can, nor need be, and that to restrict themselves like that is a waste of their potential.
• Halcyon Wardens: Battle Brothers- As with their fathers, the relationship between the V and XVIII is among the closest in all the Legiones Astartes with both groups complementing one another's natures perfectly, the Wardens' prescient foresight combined with the Steel Legion's inhuman co-ordination allowing the two forces to easily out-manuver, outwit and overwhelm almost any foe. Beyond the battlefield, the Warden's strong connection to common humanity and their familiarity with the minds of others allows them to relate to their cousins in the XVIIIth on a level few can.
• Iron Bears: Battle Brothers- As with the Vth, the Bears' strong sense of humanity, compassion and force of personality make them a perfectly-complimenting force to the more cerebral, business-like Steel Legionaries, with their strong artistic bent encouraging the Saepians' creative sides. On the battlefield the VIth and XVIIIth work very well together, the Sons of Saepio's tactical prowess & sheer adaptability filling the gaps in the Bears' more straightforward modus operandi to a tee. Indeed, it is often said that the raw, unyielding hammer of the Bears has shattered countless foes neither Legions could've overcome alone when aided and directed by the keen analytical sons of Saepio.
• Berzerkers of Uran: By Order Of The Emperor- Despised as little more than rabid animals, the bloody-handed sons of the Ashen King are viewed with undisguised disgust and contempt by the Steel Legion. Their utterly callous disregard for all outsiders, complete ignorance of collateral damage and generally antagonistic behaviour manages to provoke a rare emotional rise from the rational Saepians, they are a necessary evil barely justified in their existence by the likes of the Rangda, the Quarith, Slaughth and others xenos horrors too foul to mention.
• Godslayers: Sworn Brothers- Idealistic liberators of the common man, the Godslayers' stoic, self-sacrificing nature and desire to break the chains of tyranny strikes a chord with the Sons of Saepio, evoking memories of their own people's enslavement by the Prudens. This shared experience, along with the Steel Legion's admiration for the Zbruchians' stalwart endurance, honourable conduct and earnest desire to aid their fellow humans, has led to the two Legions becoming good friends. While the shared specialisation in Siege Warfare might have sparked competition or even bitter rivalry in other Legions, the VIIIth and XVIIIth's relationship has always remained good-natured.
• Warbringers: Fellow Warriors-
• Fire Keepers: Fellow Warriors- Fellow Masters of Siege Warfare, the Fire Keepers are held in high regard as the Steel Legion's balancing opposite on such matters, where the XVIIIth are perhaps the greatest Siege-Masters in the Imperium, methodically dissecting enemy fortification with frightening efficiency, the Xth are it's Master Architects, raising the mightiest, most impregnable fortresses and strongholds the galaxy has ever seen. As a result, the Sons of Saepio view their Obsalian cousins as valued colleagues in their chosen field whose work they may learn from to improve their own craft. Indeed, Techmarines and Siege Breaker Consuls of the Steel Legion are known to trade information on such matters with their Fire Keeper counterparts when possible, often using digital recreations of Fire Keeper-designed bastions in simulated war games within the Collective to sharpen their skills while provided analyses & feedback to it's designers.
• Wardens of Light: Fellow Warriors-
• Eagle Warriors: Distrusted-
• Dune Serpents: Distrusted-
• Grave Stalkers: By Order Of The Emperor-
• The Drowned: Distrusted-
• Warriors of Peace: Fellow Warriors-
• Scions Hospitaller: Fellow Warriors-
• Predators: Distrusted- In the early Great Crusade the nascent XXth Legion, the Ebon Blades, were regarded enviously by their cousins of the XVIIIth. While both Legions were fragmented by infighting, the Ebon Blades would be reformed into a single cohesive whole by the famed Legion Master Cassus, while the XVIIIth remained divided, the gang-companies of the Silent Chorus simply too far-flung and viciously adversarial to each other to unite.
This icy relationship would remain even past both forces' reunion with their fathers, albeit for different reasons. The modern Steel Legion see Andezo's changes to the XXth and find themselves missing the discipline of Cassus's reign, the new Predators are savage in a similar manner as the Lions of Mycenae but possess none of the IIIrd's heroic bent. Brutal killers Who value only victory, they are secretive, unpredictable in the extreme and deeply mired in illogical superstitions in flagrant violation of the Imperial Truth. Thus the Predators are viewed with no small disquiet and suspicion by the Steel Legion, who are more than happy to keep their reclusive cousins at arm's length.
Edited by SanguiniusReborn, 02 April 2019 - 11:52 AM.